Impossible Whopper

The Bills Blog

The idea that meat is bad for you is insane and outdated.

Carbs, soy, and seed oils on the other hand...well you see how fat America has gotten on these "healthy" foods.  And guess what these fake burgers are made of?

Eat meat.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, The Poojer said:

i tried a regular impossible whopper last week and found it tasted identical to a whopper.  Went back a couple days later ordered an impossible whopper with cheese and bacon and it was still everybit as good as the meat patty whopper. I'm a fan and would have zero problem ordering them going forward

Identical you say...

3809w1.jpg

i'm not eating at Burger King for nutritional benefits.  I eat there because sometimes eating like crap just really hits the spot

18 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

These plant based burgers are still loaded with oil and saturated fat. Are they good for you? No. Better for you than an actual burger? Marginally.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/14/2019 at 8:56 AM, John Adams said:

For now. 

Lab meat and plant "meat" will be just as good soon and not require killing animals. I am a meat-eater but that will be a good day. 

No thanks.     Gimme a fuddruckers Half pounder all day long.  

20 hours ago, LeviF91 said:

The idea that meat is bad for you is insane and outdated.

Carbs, soy, and seed oils on the other hand...well you see how fat America has gotten on these "healthy" foods.  And guess what these fake burgers are made of?

Eat meat.

Eating meat in the amounts that the average American does is undeniably bad for you.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Eating meat in the amounts that the average American does is undeniably bad for you.  

I'll deny it. 

Show me the peer-reviewed study that causally links an animal-based diet (no sugar, seed oils, other processed garbage) with increased mortality.

Show me the ancestors who subsisted on a plant-based diet.

Show me the wild animals who evolved to be predators that become obese or get diabetes.

And I'll show you that if 2.4 million years of human evolution were compressed into a 24 hour time period, then agriculture as we know it started about six minutes ago and modern dietary guidelines were issued about 1.5 seconds ago.  When did people start getting T2 diabetes, again?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, LeviF91 said:

I'll deny it. 

Show me the peer-reviewed study that causally links an animal-based diet (no sugar, seed oils, other processed garbage) with increased mortality.

Show me the wild animals who evolved to be predators that become obese or get diabetes.

And I'll show you that if 2.4 million years of human evolution were compressed into a 24 hour time period, then agriculture as we know it started about six minutes ago and modern dietary guidelines were issued about 1.5 seconds ago.  When did people start getting T2 diabetes, again?

:worthy:

2 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

I'll deny it. 

Before I do any of that.  Let me ask you this..what causes T2 diabetes?

1 minute ago, LeviF91 said:

What does that have to do with your "undeniable" claim?

Because I'm betting it's not what you think it is, but never mind that for now.

I'm not expecting to convince you of anything.  I've long given up on that with people, it's akin to discussing politics or religion.

I'll just tell you this for now and I'll give you the studies that won't convince you of anything later when I have time.  I'm a former voracious meat eater.  I smoked and grilled all the favorites on a regular basis along with processed foods and other junk.  About two years ago I was read the riot act once again by my doc, but instead of going on the latest fad diet or trusting my health to Dr. Google I decided to go to the peer reviewed research.  I pored through the nutritional research for months and I didn't get the answer I wanted.  It was undeniable that whole food plant based eating was the best choice based on the best balance of peer reviewed evidence.  I still eat meat sometimes, but nowhere near what I used to.  It is indeed undeniable that our standard american diet is bad for us, you would think the heart disease and diabetes epidemics would be enough evidence for most people, but again I don't expect a stranger on an internet message board to convince you otherwise.  I'll provide links later.

Cheers.

12 minutes ago, The Plastic Cup said:

Is it really the meat, or is it how it’s prepared, the large order of fries, the 24oz soda, the sedentary lifestyle, etc?

All of the above.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFanNC said:

Because I'm betting it's not what you think it is, but never mind that for now.

I'm not expecting to convince you of anything.  I've long given up on that with people, it's akin to discussing politics or religion.

I'll just tell you this for now and I'll give you the studies that won't convince you of anything later when I have time.  I'm a former voracious meat eater.  I smoked and grilled all the favorites on a regular basis along with processed foods and other junk.  About two years ago I was read the riot act once again by my doc, but instead of going on the latest fad diet or trusting my health to Dr. Google I decided to go to the peer reviewed research.  I pored through the nutritional research for months and I didn't get the answer I wanted.  It was undeniable that whole food plant based eating was the best choice based on the best balance of peer reviewed evidence.  I still eat meat sometimes, but nowhere near what I used to.  It is indeed undeniable that our standard american diet is bad for us, you would think the heart disease and diabetes epidemics would be enough evidence for most people, but again I don't expect a stranger on an internet message board to convince you otherwise.  I'll provide links later.

Cheers.

I don't entirely blame you for the approach, I agree w/r/t your comparisons to politics and religion.  I think you'd find that we agree on more on this topic than we disagree on.  Avoiding processed garbage, sugar, etc. for example.  The reality is that there are very few tightly controlled, peer-reviewed studies that address a whole, animal food-based diet.  Instead we get "look at the meat these folks added into their already ***** diet, see!  Meat bad!"  At the other end we get garbage like "The China Study."

Overindulgence generally (but especially of processed junk) is probably at the root of a lot of our modern issues with disease.

7 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

I'm no doctor or nutritionist,  but I think this mostly applies to processed meats and processed foods in general. 

• Like (+1) 1

I tried the Impossible Whopper today. 

First impressions after pulling away from the drive thru, it don't smell like a Whopper.  I worked at a BK when I was in high school and that BK smell is something I'll know until my dying breath

Up close, the "meat" doesn't look or smell like beef either.  It's "beefish"

I took off a small chunk for a quick taste test.  The best way I can describe the taste, remember those school lunch hamburgers when you were a kid?

It wasn't bad, but it wasn't that great either.  And definitely not worth the mark up.  I'll stick with the real thing.

10 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

At work, for lunch, I eat 3 or 4 hamburgers a week w/fries and been doing so for years. 

I'm healthy and within my weight range for my height. 

Ok buddy...it may work for you, but how do you explain your friend Grimace?

latest?cb=20150625050506

Edited by RaoulDuke79
  • Haha (+1) 1