Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DaBillsFanSince1973

Salguero - Neither Rosen or Fitzpatrick will be the Dolphins long term quarterback

Recommended Posts

Rosen is and was a quitter.   UCLA knew this.  The Cardinals found out.  The Dolphins will discover it.  He's mentally soft.  

 

Fitzy will light it up like he always has in the first quarter of the season until opposing defenses figure him out.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MR8 said:

 

Love  a guy who toots his own horn about his "Special skillset" that no one in the NFL has seen... to the point where as a 1st round QB where the team moved up for him, Traded him 1 year later for pennies on the dollar just to get rid of him.  And he still isn't the starter on his new team where a 37 year old journeyman is the guy instead. 

 

Rosen is going to be one of the largest most epic busts in NFL history and it's going to be glorious. 

 

Ryan Leaf says "watch this..."

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Say When... said:

 

Ryan Leaf says "watch this..."

giphy.gif

 

3 minutes ago, Say When... said:

 

Ryan Leaf says "watch this..."

 

JaMarcus RussellStover is up there too...

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Brady keeps his head down, works harder than anyone else, and doesn't make waves.

 

I'm not a NE fan by any means but I respect how humble Brady still is, especially compared to arrogant little punks like Rosen, who stroll in running their mouths about winning 7 Super Bowls

 

Yeah, he only ran to Bob Kraft to get Garoppolo shipped out of town.

 

8 minutes ago, Say When... said:

 

Ryan Leaf says "watch this..."

 

David Carr, Joey Harrington, and Mark Sanchez say "Hi!".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SoTier said:

David Carr, Joey Harrington, and Mark Sanchez say "Hi!".

 

did any of them go to jail?

 

enough said.

 

Guess you might one up me with Todd Marinovich

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SoTier said:

 

Right.  We never fell for Fitzmagic ...

 

Fitz came to the Bills 10 years ago.  He's a great guy and can win a few games.

He had 1 (10-6) winning season with the Jets and since is 7-14.

He will be 37 this season and if he starts against the Bills will be one of the easier QBs they face.

 

I will cheer him on against the Pats*.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

Now they can go back to suffering watching the Winston Bucs.

at least they liked fitz- lovable loser- most find Winston unlikable.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Rosen is and was a quitter.   UCLA knew this.  The Cardinals found out.  The Dolphins will discover it.  He's mentally soft.  

 

Fitzy will light it up like he always has in the first quarter of the season until opposing defenses figure him out.  

 

...he set the bar......with his draft day whine about "nine mistakes were taken before me".....quite the arrogant POS still cutting his teeth.....Ritchie Rich.........

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, MR8 said:

 

Love  a guy who toots his own horn about his "Special skillset" that no one in the NFL has seen... to the point where as a 1st round QB where the team moved up for him, Traded him 1 year later for pennies on the dollar just to get rid of him.  And he still isn't the starter on his new team where a 37 year old journeyman is the guy instead. 

 

Rosen is going to be one of the largest most epic busts in NFL history and it's going to be glorious. 

as others have pointed out Rosen will not be epic because he was 4th qb chosen and there are so many top 3 qb busts he will have to cause a good team to suck, which i think he is just normal bad not Peterman bad.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dpberr said:

Rosen is and was a quitter.   UCLA knew this.  The Cardinals found out.  The Dolphins will discover it.  He's mentally soft.  

 

Fitzy will light it up like he always has in the first quarter of the season until opposing defenses figure him out.  

 

Hasnt it gotta be something else? I mean once you are ‘figured out’ you’re fugured out. People don’t lose the film in the off season. I’m wondering if his arm can’t handle a full season pitch count or he just mentally burns out... 

 

absolutely agrer with the pattern. But the cause... I wonder 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2019 at 6:23 PM, GG said:

 

See above comments.  Preston Williams played lights out on some pretty awful tosses by Rosen

I think Transplant would categorize those "tosses" as accurate, since they were in the vicinity of the reciever and he caught them.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

I think Transplant would categorize those "tosses" as accurate, since they were in the vicinity of the reciever and he caught them.

 

Nathan Peterman approves of this message.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2019 at 7:41 AM, SoTier said:

 

Ralph Wilson and the Bills obviously did.  They gave him a big contract.

 

They gave him a middling contract--at the time he signed, Fitz's AAV made him the 19th-highest paid starting QB in the NFL.

 

And at the time, he was probably close to the 19th-best QB in the NFL.

 

It wasn't a bad contract at all.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

 

They gave him a middling contract--at the time he signed, Fitz's AAV made him the 19th-highest paid starting QB in the NFL.

 

And at the time, he was probably close to the 19th-best QB in the NFL.

 

It wasn't a bad contract at all.

Fitz’s contract was perfectly commensurate with his contributions to the team and the stats he amassed while doing so. Wasn’t overpaid, wasn’t underpaid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Fitz is, IMO, always the same QB. He makes insanely risky throws and lays it all on the line every game. The man has zero fear and is tough as nails, which is exciting and everyone loves him for it, but it isn't sustainable. He's the guy hitting the turbo button every play in a video game. It's like playing pickup basketball with your buddies. The one guy who shoots every 3 point shot he can and hits a bunch one day looks great.. then the next game after he talks a bunch of trash all week he misses 90% of them. But he's going to take the shots, regardless. He's the same guy every game, just like Fitz. 

 

When it works for Fitz because the WR makes a great play or he just gets lucky for a run, he gets "red hot" and is the talk of the league. When it stops working those insane throws become INT's and the magic fades. But really he's doing the same thing every game. He's going to chuck it in there and see what happens. 

 

I didn't like the idea of Fitz as the "franchise QB" here but it's easy to respect a guy who just plays the game and lets the chips fall where they may. He's the anti trent edwards, who gets lowercase letters because he throws the ball away on 4th down and casually skips to the sidelines without a care in the world except whether his coach will say "good job not throwing a pick!" 

Edited by TheFunPolice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

 

Hasnt it gotta be something else? I mean once you are ‘figured out’ you’re fugured out. People don’t lose the film in the off season. I’m wondering if his arm can’t handle a full season pitch count or he just mentally burns out... 

 

absolutely agrer with the pattern. But the cause... I wonder 

 

I always chalked up the Bills early season success in September under previous coaches to other teams not having a full game of "tape" to dissect and NFL defenses ramping up  the complex plays in their respective defenses  over Game 1 and Game 2 to reduce hesitation and too much thinking by their players. 

 

Once they had that tape and fully integrated playbook around Week 3 or 4, opposing defenses would clamp down and the Bills coaching staff couldn't adjust to it. 

 

(FWIW, McDermott, Inc. seems to be a lot better with adjustments)

 

I think the same goes for Fitzy.  He has that stonecutter's mentality, he does what he does and lacks the elite talent or a quick football acumen to adjust quickly.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

 

...he set the bar......with his draft day whine about "nine mistakes were taken before me".....quite the arrogant POS still cutting his teeth.....Ritchie Rich.........

I read something about rosen's pre-draft comments that he would get in anyone's face to argue about trump and some other ruminations of a 20something kid.

 

That did it for me, really. It wasn't about trump, it was the fact that he was going into a workplace where you have to earn your place and one of his main focuses was going to be a social justice platform as a rich kid from California. I just didnt see it playing out all that well, and absent being one of the most amazing qbs in history it's tough to show leadership skills when you're kind of a d-bag. 

 

I don't wish anything bad on him, other than I'd hope for any fins qb, but I'm happy he's not here. 

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2019 at 7:43 PM, Mr. WEO said:

 

 

Actually, last season he started immediately for the guy ahead of him (who was suspended for handling an Uber driver like 2 lbs of stolen crab legs) and had a string of insanely bot games.

Fitz, the only qb EVER woth 4 consecutive 400 yard plus games passingnto start a season.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Fitz, the only qb EVER woth 4 consecutive 400 yard plus games passingnto start a season.

has he ever won a playoff game or played in one for that matter? that stat is basically meaningless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm not sure I see that Salguero is all that clear on this yet.

 

"If they are even 6-10 or 7-9, they're still going to go out there and find a way to draft a quarterback... "

 

That's reasonably likely but not a sure thing, IMO. If Fitzy or more likely Rosen looks good, they could improve the offense's performance. It's probably the most likely scenario, though. If you have a good shot at a top college QB that you have faith in, it would make sense to pick him unless you're pretty happy with one of your guys.

 

Tough situation for Rosen, as once they sort of decided to rebuild, drafting a new guy was always likely. He'll get another team if Miami doesn't choose him. I'm hoping for good things for him as long as he doesn't come to the AFC East or the Cowboys.

Edited by Thurman#1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

has he ever won a playoff game or played in one for that matter? that stat is basically meaningless.

 

Teams that signed him were never playoff bound teams.  Most signed his as the backup who ended up starting.  Why is his lack of a playoff win meaningful then?

 

The franchise QB that followed him in Cincy has 0 playoff wins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

Teams that signed him were never playoff bound teams.  Most signed his as the backup who ended up starting.  Why is his lack of a playoff win meaningful then?

 

The franchise QB that followed him in Cincy has 0 playoff wins.

why was throwing four consecutive 400 yd games meaningful? that was my point, the man has never led any team to a winning (edit:one winning season) season or a playoff game/win so any of his stats through his career are really only important to himself. it's pretty obvious he was/is nothing more then a glorified back up, who didn't know that?

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

 

Fitz came to the Bills 10 years ago.  He's a great guy and can win a few games.

He had 1 (10-6) winning season with the Jets and since is 7-14.

He will be 37 this season and if he starts against the Bills will be one ofo the easier QBs they face.

 

I will cheer him on against the Pats*.

Fitz strikes me as the consumate professional quarterback. He provides a service to manage your team and keep things afloat, while also providing some possibility and a few thrills along the way.

Edited by Rocket94
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fitz called Doug Whaley a "spineless p#@%&" at Fred Jackson's roast. I will always love him for that.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, dpberr said:

Rosen is and was a quitter.   UCLA knew this.  The Cardinals found out.  The Dolphins will discover it.  He's mentally soft.  

 

Fitzy will light it up like he always has in the first quarter of the season until opposing defenses figure him out.  

QB is just so hard to determine from college to NFL

 

I went with my son on a recruiting visit to Oregon after Mariotta was drafted...the nicest kid....everyone looked up to him...was sure that he was gonna do well

 

I went to UCLA on business....talked to many students who know Rosen after he was drafted....most called him a entitled arrogant prick and didnt like him....just not many fans of him in the circle of studnets I talked to.....and he is also struggling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...