Sign in to follow this  
DaBillsFanSince1973

Salguero - Neither Rosen or Fitzpatrick will be the Dolphins long term quarterback

2 hours ago, Last Guy on the Bench said:

Really? I would definitely have drafted Rosen last year instead of Allen, so I'm not biased against Rosen. And I agree it's way too early to be sure about either one.

But to this point, Allen looks much sharper and more competitive to me than Rosen. I thought Rosen looked super shaky in that first preseason game. Awkward and panicky with a number of weak throws. He connected on a few, but some of those were more due to the receiver. I wouldn't write him off yet; he's been in a couple tough situations. And I know his stats from that game look OK compared to Allen's, but I don't think he looked good at all.

Early returns are telling me I was WAY wrong in my pre-draft assessment last year. Hoping to look more wrong with each passing week.

Agreed.

I was CONVINCED we drafted the wrong Josh on draft night. Now, there is absolutely no doubt that Beane and co. made the right pick. And it's not close. I don't care about stats. I watched the phins and falcons game. He looked very shaky. Bad fundamentals/mechanics. 

The eye test is all I need.

2 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Agreed.

I was CONVINCED we drafted the wrong Josh on draft night. Now, there is absolutely no doubt that Beane and co. made the right pick. And it's not close. I don't care about stats. I watched the phins and falcons game. He looked very shaky. Bad fundamentals/mechanics. 

The eye test is all I need.

Thats why I never understood the hype machine around the guy last year.  If you watched any full games on the guy you could see he was immobile in the pocket, held the ball too long, and thin framed.

Felt like a majority of his hype was political.  

12 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Thats why I never understood the hype machine around the guy last year.  If you watched any full games on the guy you could see he was immobile in the pocket, held the ball too long, and thin framed.

Felt like a majority of his hype was political.  

And the reason some people hate him is political as well.  They don’t want to have a brain in the NFL or any other interests. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

And the reason some people hate him is political as well.  They don’t want to have a brain in the NFL or any other interests. 

He can have all the brain he wants if he plays well on the field.   And not for nothing having a hot tub in your room, or scrawling swear words on a hat doesnt exactly scream super intelligent.   Regardless, I couldnt have cared less about his political views or his hobbies if I thought he was any good.

Edited by thenorthremembers

3 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

He can have all the brain he wants if he plays well on the field.   And not for nothing having a hot tub in your room, or scrawling swear words on a hat doesnt exactly scream super intelligent.   Regardless, I couldnt have cared less about his political views or his hobbies if I thought he was any good.

Doesn’t mean your dumb either? 😉

and i agree but i definitely believe it does affect the way some teams and fans see him.  I don’t care that Bosa loves Trump (I think he’s just soft as a player) or Rosen hates him.  I think Rosen can be a successful nfl in the right situation.  We’ll see.

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Doesn’t mean your dumb either? 😉

and i agree but i definitely believe it does affect the way some teams and fans see him.  I don’t care that Bosa loves Trump (I think he’s just soft as a player) or Rosen hates him.  I think Rosen can be a successful nfl in the right situation.  We’ll see.

Politics never bothered me about Rosen, he just came across as a d-bag and self centered to me. I don't mind intelligence in football, but it has to be intelligence and humility and a drive to win (Peyton Manning comes to mind)- I personally didn't think Rosen had that, but that's my own opinion. Bosa is super soft. 

As for how Rosen will do, I don't think he will ever be successful, and I think that now that pre-draft debate will never be answered because he will always have the out of "playing on bad teams" etc. We'll see what happens for sure.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I live in Orlando and have many friends who root for Bucs and after week 2 i told them i felt bad for them because they actually believed in Fitz. i explained i had done the same years ago and the book always ends the same.

Now they can go back to suffering watching the Winston Bucs.

Just now, whatdrought said:

Politics never bothered me about Rosen, he just came across as a d-bag and self centered to me. I don't mind intelligence in football, but it has to be intelligence and humility and a drive to win (Peyton Manning comes to mind)- I personally didn't think Rosen had that, but that's my own opinion. Bosa is super soft. 

As for how Rosen will do, I don't think he will ever be successful, and I think that now that pre-draft debate will never be answered because he will always have the out of "playing on bad teams" etc. We'll see what happens for sure.

That’s fair.  He honestly reminded of Rodgers in college and I think he has a similar personality. No ones cares about Rodgers’ body language because he’s awesome.  I think the major difference is Rodgers sat for 3 years and Rosen got thrown to the wolves on a crap team.  In that other thread, all of these young guys would behind from a year learning or getting non NfL game reps.  

But if he does somewhat survive this start to his career, it would say a lot about his mental attitude. I don’t know many top 10 picks who have had a start like this to their career. 

Looks like Brady's 6 Super Bowl rings might be safe after all ..

Lol

The image of Rosen sitting with Rogers talking about winning more Super Bowls than Brady, saying he was coming for his records was hilarious back then.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

That’s fair.  He honestly reminded of Rodgers in college and I think he has a similar personality. No ones cares about Rodgers’ body language because he’s awesome.  I think the major difference is Rodgers sat for 3 years and Rosen got thrown to the wolves on a crap team.  In that other thread, all of these young guys would behind from a year learning or getting non NfL game reps.  

But if he does somewhat survive this start to his career, it would say a lot about his mental attitude. I don’t know many top 10 picks who have had a start like this to their career. 

That makes sense. Rodgers also likely learned how to work hard and check his pride while playing behind Favre who saw him as a nobody child. It would be impressive if he were to manage to rebound. I think you have to ask the question, is his attitude a contributing factor to him getting the boot so early, or is Arizona just that much of a *****-show. I personally think it's likely both. We'll see who he is in Miami. 

Rogers managed to keep his ego in check for a while, long enough to at least win 1 SB, but ever since he has been the most over rated QB in the league IMO.

Yeah, he's good, but he is labelled "the best QB in football" seemingly every year and his team barely ever wins anything, especially in the post-season. Half the time they don't even make the playoffs. But at least he got his coach fired and now has a puppet that he orders around. That should go well!

As much as I can't stand Brady, his success is due in part to his attitude and drive. I totally believe him when he says that he is just 1 of 53 on that roster. Belichick is the dictator there, and Brady has always bought right in to the "Patriot Way," as annoying as it sounds. the man works like he is 3rd on the QB depth chart, even now. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

That makes sense. Rodgers also likely learned how to work hard and check his pride while playing behind Favre who saw him as a nobody child. It would be impressive if he were to manage to rebound. I think you have to ask the question, is his attitude a contributing factor to him getting the boot so early, or is Arizona just that much of a *****-show. I personally think it's likely both. We'll see who he is in Miami. 

You would then Fitz would be the perfect mentor.  If I was running a team, I would definitely have him as my mentor for a young qb.  

I'm kinda sorry to be 'that' guy, but it's "either/or and neither/nor."

Someone needs to give the headline writer a quick writing lesson.

43 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I remember a post draft piece on Rosen. He just came across as robotic in his interviews. He had some followers in attendance and they just seemed so rehearsed in their responses...it was kind of creepy.

51 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

The great ones seem to find a way to elevate the team around them, even Allen I would argue did that 2nd half of last year, Rosen has yet to create any sparks in that regard, again, imho.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I entirely agree, honestly when he spoke on camera he reminded me in a lot of ways of Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers.  While he reminded me of them in interviews, he DID NOT remind me of them in game film...

The guy already carried himself with the arrogance and self-assured-ness of guys who've "been there, done that" in the NFL and been NFL MVPs as well as Super Bowl champs....

But this kid had accomplished basically nothing and yet wanted all the respect, admiration, and frankly the rope that goes along with being all those things.  

If Tom Brady got on his soap box and started to rail for building a wall, or whatever else, it would be highly controversial, but he's earned the platform, and he's earned the respect int he locker room etc. to say what he wants and get away with it.  Rosen wanted to use his fame to promote his agenda... and that's where there is an issue.  These other guys were football players first and then became arrogant... Rosen is arrogant without earning it and he is already pushing an agenda and wants people to listen, before he takes care of business on and off the field first.  And thats where I have issues.

I don;t care what players politics are, they can all say what they want off the field, but when you're more interested in being famous than playing, then maybe the NFL isn't for you and you should go do something else to promote your cause.

I think Rosen has been kicked in the Richard pretty solidly and he's getting that dose of reality that if he wants to be an NFL player he needs to do more.  IF he doesn't like it, QUITE!  He's not Tom Brady, no one is gonna kowtow to him... and frankly no one kowtowed to Brady at first, he EARNED every bit of the respect and the hatred he has from around the league. 

Brady keeps his head down, works harder than anyone else, and doesn't make waves.

I'm not a NE fan by any means but I respect how humble Brady still is, especially compared to arrogant little punks like Rosen, who stroll in running their mouths about winning 7 Super Bowls

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

The majority were like Jeremy White and Mike Schopp - they championed Rosen, especially because they shared the same political views 

26 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Lol Dolphins. Get your moms line or else! Clown Show.

giphy.gif

This comment by Rosen....

Edited by whatdrought

3 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Brady keeps his head down, works harder than anyone else, and doesn't make waves.

I'm not a NE fan by any means but I respect how humble Brady still is, especially compared to arrogant little punks like Rosen, who stroll in running their mouths about winning 7 Super Bowls

I don't think for a second Brady is humble nor does he "not make waves" with his call outs of the City of Buffalo... he's an arrogant ****. But sadly he's earned the ability to be that way. 

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

giphy.gif

This comment by Rosen....

Love  a guy who toots his own horn about his "Special skillset" that no one in the NFL has seen... to the point where as a 1st round QB where the team moved up for him, Traded him 1 year later for pennies on the dollar just to get rid of him.  And he still isn't the starter on his new team where a 37 year old journeyman is the guy instead. 

Rosen is going to be one of the largest most epic busts in NFL history and it's going to be glorious.