Sign in to follow this  
DaBillsFanSince1973

Salguero - Neither Rosen or Fitzpatrick will be the Dolphins long term quarterback

1 minute ago, SoTier said:

Ralph Wilson and the Bills obviously did.  They gave him a big contract.

I remember that. Jerry Sullivan was berating the Bills for "being cheap" by not giving Fitz and extension. Once they did he berated them for being stupid giving Fitz an extension. :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

mad BB? 

belly.gif   bill-belichick-wtf.gif?w=1000

doesn't grabbing an official warrant a fine?

oh wait, that's billy belechick, he can do what ever he wants.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SoTier said:

This is the real "800 pound gorilla in the room" here.  All the Bills fans snickering about Rosen are assuming that Allen will turn into a franchise QB at least on the level of a Stafford, Ryan, E Manning, etc but future success for Allen isn't written in stone.   The Bills could very well find themselves in "QB purgatory" if Allen doesn't develop as hoped.

I'd rather chance it with JA then the scrawny rosen, but that's just me.

time will tell, fortunately, at this point, I have some time.

12 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Seems insanely early for this.  If someone wrote this about Allen, we’d be trashing the reporter.  Rosen actually had pretty decent numbers (preseason sucks though). 

Rosen May bust but I wouldn’t write any qb off after game 1 of a preseason on a new team.  I will say the body language would be a big concern if I was Rosen. 

Had good numbers.... but did you actually watch it?

This is the same gripe I have with the "Allen sucks because his completion percentage is low" folks. Sure, there are numbers, but without context it means nothing.

9 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Is that what you're hoping for?

No, but I've been a football fan long enough to know that a lot of first round picks, especially QBs, fail to live up to expectations, especially those described as "projects".   Bills fans laughing at other teams' struggles with sorting through their QB situations is stupidly arrogant at this point, especially given the brilliant handling of the Bills own QB situation under McDermott and Beane, especially in 2018.

17 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Both he and  Tom are famous for grabbing and yelling at refs 

• Thanks! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SoTier said:

No, but I've been a football fan long enough to know that a lot of first round picks, especially QBs, fail to live up to expectations, especially those described as "projects".   Bills fans laughing at other teams' struggles with sorting through their QB situations is stupidly arrogant at this point, especially given the brilliant handling of the Bills own QB situation under McDermott and Beane, especially in 2018.

Okay. We're stupidly arrogant. But do you even watch these players? Are you seriously comparing Allen and the current OL and receiving corps to Nathan Peterman and what he had to work with, or what Allen had to work with last year? You can't always bet the under.

I guess these guys are arrogant too.

""I think Buffalo will have a winning record, I really do," (Phil) Simms said Tuesday during CBS' annual NFL media day at the network's broadcast center. "I'm a believer in the coach, Sean McDermott, and the general manager, Brandon Beane." Meanwhile, analyst and former MVP Boomer Esiason said he believes "the Bills are one of the under-the-radar teams in the NFL that the national media is not talking about. They killed it in free agency, they had a good draft," Esiason said. "We all believe Josh Allen is the real deal."

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

He was fined 50k for it.

• Thanks! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Actually, last season he started immediately for the guy ahead of him (who was suspended for handling an Uber driver like 2 lbs of stolen crab legs) and had a string of insanely bot games.

I live in Orlando and have many friends who root for Bucs and after week 2 i told them i felt bad for them because they actually believed in Fitz. i explained i had done the same years ago and the book always ends the same.

27 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Well it was Ralph... The guy was not with it in his later years. Also Russell Brandon was the Mastermind behind Ralph and he only did it to try and put people in the seats.

So you got fooled by an old man who didn't know what day it was and a company rapist who's job it is to steal money from people.

Since Terry Pegula promoted Brandon to head both the Bills and Sabres, and Brandon was in charge when McDermott and Beane were hired, what does that say about the current Bills ownership/gm/HC?

14 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Had good numbers.... but did you actually watch it?

This is the same gripe I have with the "Allen sucks because his completion percentage is low" folks. Sure, there are numbers, but without context it means nothing.

I did.  I mentioned in another thread that Rosen looked like an entirely different QB in the first preseason game compared to how he looked in AZ.  The entire Fins team played pretty well against the much more talented Falcons in their first preseason game.

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Okay. We're stupidly arrogant. But do you even watch these players? Are you seriously comparing Allen and the current OL and receiving corps to Nathan Peterman and what he had to work with, or what Allen had to work with last year? You can't always bet the under.

No, I'm comparing the crappy decision making on the part of Beane and McDermott that resulted in Nathan Peterman/Derek Anderson/Matt Barkley being the Bills' starters behind one of the worse OLs in the league and throwing to a non-NFL caliber receiving corps to any other organization in 2017 and 2018.

29 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I guess these guys are arrogant too.

""I think Buffalo will have a winning record, I really do," (Phil) Simms said Tuesday during CBS' annual NFL media day at the network's broadcast center. "I'm a believer in the coach, Sean McDermott, and the general manager, Brandon Beane." Meanwhile, analyst and former MVP Boomer Esiason said he believes "the Bills are one of the under-the-radar teams in the NFL that the national media is not talking about. They killed it in free agency, they had a good draft," Esiason said. "We all believe Josh Allen is the real deal."

How, exactly, does Phil Simms' thinking the Bills could be a decent team in 2019 justify Bills fans mocking the Fins?  Simms isn't mocking anybody. 

17 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

He was fined 50k for it.

Well, we can't let facts disrupt the narrative that the Pats are never held to account.

13 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Mora Jr??? The guy who was handed everything by his dad? The defensive guru who sucked coaching defense and had one of worst ones in college football?  Mora Jr who couldn’t build a decent program in LA despite Being in one of areas of the country for recruiting?

wheres he coaching again?  Oh, daddy will just giethim another job. 

You don't seem to like him very m😂uch 

There's a reason the Cards moved-on from Rosen so quickly.  So Salguero's words don't surprise me at all.

19 minutes ago, SoTier said:

I did.  I mentioned in another thread that Rosen looked like an entirely different QB in the first preseason game compared to how he looked in AZ.  The entire Fins team played pretty well against the much more talented Falcons in their first preseason game.

Really? I would definitely have drafted Rosen last year instead of Allen, so I'm not biased against Rosen. And I agree it's way too early to be sure about either one.

But to this point, Allen looks much sharper and more competitive to me than Rosen. I thought Rosen looked super shaky in that first preseason game. Awkward and panicky with a number of weak throws. He connected on a few, but some of those were more due to the receiver. I wouldn't write him off yet; he's been in a couple tough situations. And I know his stats from that game look OK compared to Allen's, but I don't think he looked good at all.

Early returns are telling me I was WAY wrong in my pre-draft assessment last year. Hoping to look more wrong with each passing week.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I remember that. Jerry Sullivan was berating the Bills for "being cheap" by not giving Fitz and extension. Once they did he berated them for being stupid giving Fitz an extension. :lol:

This is true!  In hindsight now, Sully loves Fitzpatrick.  He thinks he was the best QB since Jim Kelly.  

29 minutes ago, Last Guy on the Bench said:

Really? I would definitely have drafted Rosen last year instead of Allen, so I'm not biased against Rosen. And I agree it's way too early to be sure about either one.

But to this point, Allen looks much sharper and more competitive to me than Rosen. I thought Rosen looked super shaky in that first preseason game. Awkward and panicky with a number of weak throws. He connected on a few, but some of those were more due to the receiver. I wouldn't write him off yet; he's been in a couple tough situations. And I know his stats from that game look OK compared to Allen's, but I don't think he looked good at all.

Early returns are telling me I was WAY wrong in my pre-draft assessment last year. Hoping to look more wrong with each passing week.

I wanted Rosen as well, but I didn’t think he was very good in Arizona last season.  Many would point out how bad the team around him was, but IMO it wasn’t much worse than what Allen had.  

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Yep. Every week was ‘which Fergy are we gonna get today?’

I remember saying "I hope Fergy is feeling good"

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Brady could be just as bad. I have seen him pouting like some kid that had his allowance taken away!

14 hours ago, Utah John said:

Bills QB Joe Ferguson used to be criticized for walking off the field with his head down, particularly after an interception.  He explained he was just thinking through what had gone wrong, not indicating he was giving up.  Nevertheless that head down walk was what many people remember about him as a player.

Pretty ironic considering that he was the Bills' second greatest QB ever (so far).

He used to yank his chin strap off before hanging his head, it wasn't a good look. He'd rage yank that chin strap off and then hang his head in futility. It drove me nutz. (almost as much as Jimbo trying to do his "spin" move with double knee braces on lol).

1 hour ago, Phil The Thrill said:

This is true!  In hindsight now, Sully loves Fitzpatrick.  He thinks he was the best QB since Jim Kelly.  

I wanted Rosen as well, but I didn’t think he was very good in Arizona last season.  Many would point out how bad the team around him was, but IMO it wasn’t much worse than what Allen had.  

He has basically the same passing stats as Allen in a much more dysfunctional situation.  I don’t know if he will make it but puffing your chest out about a qb with a 67.9 qb rating and trashing one with a 66 qb rating seems silly after one year.  I’m not sold on any of last year’s qbs besides Baker, who is always a candidate to do something dumb. 

34 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Brady could be just as bad. I have seen him pouting like some kid that had his allowance taken away!

Marino used to turn red screaming.  Brady screams at his coaches.  I do think this stuff is a bit overrated if you produce.  Personally, I’d prefer to play with the more positive guy (Luck is like this). 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He has basically the same passing stats as Allen in a much more dysfunctional situation.  I don’t know if he will make it but puffing your chest out about a qb with a 67.9 qb rating and trashing one with a 66 qb rating seems silly after one year.  I’m not sold on any of last year’s qbs besides Baker, who is always a candidate to do something dumb. 

Marino used to turn red screaming.  Brady screams at his coaches.  I do think this stuff is a bit overrated if you produce.  Personally, I’d prefer to play with the more positive guy (Luck is like this). 

Yeah, I guess we would have to be there. I remember Marino well. A lot of emotion goes in to it. Yeah, Luck is consistent like a good poker player.

11 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

The problem with Schoop and Jeremy, who I think infected Schoop, is that they have gotten to the point they actually legitimately believe they know more than the scouts/GMs.  Because they read da anal-ytics and you don't. 

There is no impression or any sense of acknowledgement that they know they may not be right or that there is another way to do A, B, and C.  How in the heck do you cover the 2018 draft the way they did is just beyond me.  It was Rosen...Rosen...Rosen....Rosen

....Rosen....Allen is inaccurate.....Rosen....Rosen.....Rosen....Rosen.... Jackson may not be bad....Rosen...Rosen....Rosen.....Rosen.  And were then legitimately crushed when he wasn't the pick. 

Hello??  You guys are not scouts that work for the team.  Don't be shocked when our teams don't do what you want them to do.  Disagree sure, but find the balance of being fans to.  If we don't think you're even a fan or worse (Schoop hates football) you're going to get tuned out.  Because we are fans.  You are employed for our entertainment.  Its bad enough I'm not learning anything from you, but to top that with not having any fun....awful radio.  

Its ironic because they have become the "get off my lawn" personalities they mock and obviously 'know' more than.  

It’s like their opinion.  We are year 1.  Hopefully, they are wrong.  But you don’t think it’s early to do a victory lap?  And when Allen completes 52% of his passes, does that prove he’s not inaccurate?  

Honestly, I hope they all turn out good.  The NFL is better with good qbs.  I thought Rosen and Darnold were much safer picks than Allen, especially with how the Bills have developed qbs.  Its nothing personal but if you look at history, a prospect (small conference, didn’t dominant, “accuracy” issues) like Allen becoming a star qb is very rare.  Hopefully, the Bills nailed it. 

2 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

You don't seem to like him very m😂uch 

Haha, he actually seems like a good guy.  But I think it was a Richard move to trash a guy during his draft process.  Especially when Rosen was the only reason you won some games because UCLA has one of the worst defenses in the country. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

So you are doing exactly what much of the national media is - giving Rosen a pass.  

Rosen was considered by some to be “the most pro ready QB in the draft.”  He had a bad situation on offense for sure but perhaps a higher talent level on offense.

Allen was considered to be a project QB that needed time.  Not a finished project.  Some advocated to sit him the entire year.  

Regardless in two bad offenses “project QB “ Josh Allen’s numbers were similar and possibly slightly better than “pro ready” Josh Rosen.  Plus he generated more wins as starter.  

I’m not saying that Allen will be an All Pro, but I do think many people, including you, are giving Rosen a generous break that Allen doesn’t receive.   

Edited by Phil The Thrill

2 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I swear the following is true: Jerry said the Bills should have signed Fitz to compete for the starting job with Allen, instead of just anointing him the starter. Yes, Jerry. Let's split reps away from the guy you want to be your franchise QB, to a guy who will never be. Brilliant.