Sign in to follow this  
DaBillsFanSince1973

Salguero - Neither Rosen or Fitzpatrick will be the Dolphins long term quarterback

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I listen to a ton of sports radio shows around the country depending on the day. He’s the worst, hands down. 

WGR is really weak overall talent-wise. There is a gaping hole for another sports station. But it's expensive to do it right. The other radio owners in Buffalo aren't dropping that kind of coin.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

13 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Rosen? No.

Preston Williams? Yes. 

Ok, thought you meant the pick Miami gave up for Rosen.  Yeah I agree, Williams looks pretty good

• Skeptical 1

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I love football but preseason football is meaningless.  I guess we’ll see what the season brings.  

Well McDermott literarily says nothing of value in press conferences (which I’m fine with).  Maybe this guy is trying to motivate him through the press.  And he’s not, doesn’t seem like the coach and front office are on the same page. 

Do you ever have anything positive to say about the Bills?  I question why someone like you sticks around, or whether you're a fan.  You're, no doubt, one of the most negative people on these boards, day in and day out, year after year.  Find a new fanaticism, and try smiling once in awhile.  It'll do you some good.  Your constant negativity is not healthy.

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

WGR is really weak overall talent-wise. There is a gaping hole for another sports station. But it's expensive to do it right. The other radio owners in Buffalo are dropping that kind of coin.

The problem with Schoop and Jeremy, who I think infected Schoop, is that they have gotten to the point they actually legitimately believe they know more than the scouts/GMs.  Because they read da anal-ytics and you don't. 

There is no impression or any sense of acknowledgement that they know they may not be right or that there is another way to do A, B, and C.  How in the heck do you cover the 2018 draft the way they did is just beyond me.  It was Rosen...Rosen...Rosen....Rosen

....Rosen....Allen is inaccurate.....Rosen....Rosen.....Rosen....Rosen.... Jackson may not be bad....Rosen...Rosen....Rosen.....Rosen.  And were then legitimately crushed when he wasn't the pick. 

Hello??  You guys are not scouts that work for the team.  Don't be shocked when our teams don't do what you want them to do.  Disagree sure, but find the balance of being fans to.  If we don't think you're even a fan or worse (Schoop hates football) you're going to get tuned out.  Because we are fans.  You are employed for our entertainment.  Its bad enough I'm not learning anything from you, but to top that with not having any fun....awful radio.  

Its ironic because they have become the "get off my lawn" personalities they mock and obviously 'know' more than.  

• Like (+1) 4

4 hours ago, Utah John said:

Bills QB Joe Ferguson used to be criticized for walking off the field with his head down, particularly after an interception.  He explained he was just thinking through what had gone wrong, not indicating he was giving up.  Nevertheless that head down walk was what many people remember about him as a player.

Pretty ironic considering that he was the Bills' second greatest QB ever (so far).

Hmmmm Kelly then maybe Kemp?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, aceman_16 said:

Hmmmm Kelly then maybe Kemp?

Joe Ferguson had a tendency to keep his head down, even when winning. However, Ferguson could be rattled and taken off his game as well. I have seen opportunities lost and mistakes made when Ferguson either had mental lapses on his own, or as a result of pressure from the opposing team. 

Edited by Rocket94

8 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

USATSI_13177249.jpg?_u2B_qbKOudSTd3eGYje

Salguero - Neither Rosen or Fitzpatrick will be the Dolphins long term quarterback

On the long term impact of this competition between Fiztpatrick and Rosen: 

"By the end of the year, it really won't matter because neither one of these two guys is going to be, from what I can gather, the franchise quarterback of the Miami Dolphins going forward for years and years." 

On Rosen's supposed bad body language mentioned by Miami head coach Brian Flores: 

"Brian Flores was talking about how Josh Rosen needs to improve his 'body language.' When he doesn't like a play or when a play goes poorly, the coach wasn't digging too much Josh Rosen's reaction. And at quarterback, if you don't have the right reaction to adversity, you are affecting the entire offense. 

"Ryan Fitzpatrick handles all of those things, he has good body language, he has leadership. He gets guys in and out of the huddle quickly... You've got to - after a while - start to think 'I'm not thinking that the coach is loving this situation with Josh Rosen.'" 

should be a sweep, sweep of the fins in 2019?

not surprising coming from a leftist millennial.

Looks like they got the wrong Josh.

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, HOUSE said:

THE BEARD NEVER DIES......

Would feel right for Fitz to go on the Wall of Fame after he retires, but obviously wont happen. He just fits this team and town, wish he could have been consistent for us then let Josh take over.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, TtownBillsFan said:

Do you ever have anything positive to say about the Bills?  I question why someone like you sticks around, or whether you're a fan.  You're, no doubt, one of the most negative people on these boards, day in and day out, year after year.  Find a new fanaticism, and try smiling once in awhile.  It'll do you some good.  Your constant negativity is not healthy.

He used to be one of the board's biggest homers.

True story.

Edited by Magox
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

I think the Fins are looking forward to Lawrence coming out of college. The Dolphins will start Fitz and Rosen this year then go with Rosen and another mediocre veteran next year. They will have 2 years to see what Rosen can do and then if he is a bust they turn to Lawrence. 

I am actually pretty excited to see what Lawrence can do in the NFL, I could see a lot of teams taking a dump to get him.

4 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

Joe Ferguson had a tendency to keep his head down, even when winning. However, Ferguson could be rattled and taken off his game as well. I have seen opportunities lost and mistakes made when Ferguson either had mental lapses on his own, or as a result of pressure from the opposing team. 

Yep. Every week was ‘which Fergy are we gonna get today?’

11 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Don't underestimate the power of Fitzmagic to get insanely hot at any time.

When do we play them? If its not too early, we should be safe from that. I think???

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, K-9 said:

Thanks for the link. Puts it into a different perspective for sure. 

Good point about Flores and his background with Belichick. While BB may not say much to the media, the few times I’ve seen him miked up for various things, it’s apparent he’s big on positive body language as well. Wants his players being demonstrably excited for their teammates when plays are made, etc. That said, I’ve wondered what BB thinks of Brady’s tirades on the sidelines in the past

bill-belichick-smashed-a-tablet.gif

Edited by cd1
  • Haha (+1) 1

my 2 cents 

Fitz was always a short term answer for Miami.

Rosen ...  is still debatable.  but I will agree that it is probably true.  

10 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

Nope it's only Fitz. He doesn't scare Bills fans b.c we know who he really is and how to make him fail.

Right.  We never fell for Fitzmagic ...

Who didn't know this? They will end up with Tua, Herbert, or Fromm as their "QB of the future" in 2020. 

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, GG said:

Imagine how bad Rosen would look if he wasn't bailed out by the surprising Preston Williams.

I'd like to revisit our experts' opinions on Williams at the draft.  It does seem that the DV charges took him off the boards.

Happy to revisit mine. I had a 2nd round grade on him. Scroll down to the positional top 5s. 

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/215109-all-gunners-draft-stuff-2019/

Edited by GunnerBill

It will be interesting to see how Rosen does , as long as Allen is the real deal. 

22 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Right.  We never fell for Fitzmagic ...

Maybe you did

5 minutes ago, ALF said:

It will be interesting to see how Rosen does , as long as Allen is the real deal. 

This is the real "800 pound gorilla in the room" here.  All the Bills fans snickering about Rosen are assuming that Allen will turn into a franchise QB at least on the level of a Stafford, Ryan, E Manning, etc but future success for Allen isn't written in stone.   The Bills could very well find themselves in "QB purgatory" if Allen doesn't develop as hoped.

2 minutes ago, SoTier said:

This is the real "800 pound gorilla in the room" here.  All the Bills fans snickering about Rosen are assuming that Allen will turn into a franchise QB at least on the level of a Stafford, Ryan, E Manning, etc but future success for Allen isn't written in stone.   The Bills could very well find themselves in "QB purgatory" if Allen doesn't develop as hoped.

Is that what you're hoping for?

1 minute ago, Boca BIlls said:

Maybe you did

Ralph Wilson and the Bills obviously did.  They gave him a big contract.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Ralph Wilson and the Bills obviously did.  They gave him a big contract.

Well it was Ralph... The guy was not with it in his later years. Also Russell Brandon was the Mastermind behind Ralph and he only did it to try and put people in the seats.

So you got fooled by an old man who didn't know what day it was and a company rapist who's job it is to steal money from people.

Edited by Boca BIlls