Sign in to follow this  
DaBillsFanSince1973

Salguero - Neither Rosen or Fitzpatrick will be the Dolphins long term quarterback

15 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I love football but preseason football is meaningless.  I guess we’ll see what the season brings.  

Well McDermott literarily says nothing of value in press conferences (which I’m fine with).  Maybe this guy is trying to motivate him through the press.  And he’s not, doesn’t seem like the coach and front office are on the same page. 

Motivating players through the media can sometimes be effective, if the player is able to be motivated. But QBs are different and if I’m Flores, I’m very concerned that we traded assets for a guy who doesn’t have a key ingredient for the position. There were reports prior to last year’s draft that some of Rosen’s own teammates didn’t like him in college. I chalked it up to predraft propaganda. But now I gotta wonder if those reports had legs. 

Agree entirely that Flores and the front office aren’t reading from the same sheet of music. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Motivating players through the media can sometimes be effective, if the player is able to be motivated. But QBs are different and if I’m Flores, I’m very concerned that we traded assets for a guy who doesn’t have a key ingredient for the position. There were reports prior to last year’s draft that some of Rosen’s own teammates didn’t like him in college. I chalked it up to predraft propaganda. But now I gotta wonder if those reports had legs. 

Agree entirely that Flores and the front office aren’t reading from the same sheet of music. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/josh-rosen-practices-with-dolphins-first-team-but-head-coach-brian-flores-explains-what-he-needs-to-improve/amp/

this article paints a slightly different picture. Rosen is practicing with the ones and seemed fine with what Flores was saying.  I do think it is interesting that Flores is from the Belichick camp, so it’s weird he says anything insightful. 

• Thanks! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

He looks like a real steal.

Wish we took a chance on him. 

I hope he stays a Dolphin.

I so want to kick his ass year in and year out. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/josh-rosen-practices-with-dolphins-first-team-but-head-coach-brian-flores-explains-what-he-needs-to-improve/amp/

this article paints a slightly different picture. Rosen is practicing with the ones and seemed fine with what Flores was saying.  I do think it is interesting that Flores is from the Belichick camp, so it’s weird he says anything insightful. 

Thanks for the link. Puts it into a different perspective for sure. 

Good point about Flores and his background with Belichick. While BB may not say much to the media, the few times I’ve seen him miked up for various things, it’s apparent he’s big on positive body language as well. Wants his players being demonstrably excited for their teammates when plays are made, etc. That said, I’ve wondered what BB thinks of Brady’s tirades on the sidelines in the past. 

1 hour ago, That's No Moon said:

Don't underestimate the power of Fitzmagic to get insanely hot at any time.

It doesn't last long enough to care.

Well if Salguero says so then it is so. I trust Salguero for sure. Has Salguero ever been wrong....wait...who in the world is Salguero?

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Flores is a nobody.  The Fins will sink with him.

Just now, That's No Moon said:

Dude, it can last like a month at a time.

Nope it's only Fitz. He doesn't scare Bills fans b.c we know who he really is and how to make him fail.

OK, we've entered a world where we can be cocky about the Bills performance against a division foe.  As though the Bills haven't been capable of crapping themselves at any given moment for the last 2 decades.  Yup, we'll sweep the Dolphins.  Guaranteed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Meh 1

If they get a top 3 pick, Rosen isn't good enough and they'll take Tua or Herbert. If not, "QB purgatory" and they'll try again with a strengthened roster. If they suck the following year, they might be in the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes which will piss me off.

1 hour ago, DefenseWins said:

The more I hear and read about Rosen, the more I am sure that the Bills drafted the "right Josh".

Youre not completely certain already.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

At the same point, why wouldn’t they keep Fitz at a veteran mentor/ backup?  I’d rather have Fitz than Matt Barkley, though I guess Barkley isn’t a thread to win a job. 

Absolutely not. Josh Allen would literately contract career ending leprosy the second Fitz was signed. He’s a live human voodoo doll

• Haha (+1) 1

I think the Fins are looking forward to Lawrence coming out of college. The Dolphins will start Fitz and Rosen this year then go with Rosen and another mediocre veteran next year. They will have 2 years to see what Rosen can do and then if he is a bust they turn to Lawrence. 

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Jim Kelly called out his LT and started the bickering Bills that almost destroyed the SB teams.  

But if I was a coach, body language is something I would stress with my qbs. 

There was a thread laughing at Mahomes for throwing interceptions in preseason practice!!! Kinda of hilarious looking back. 

Its also to have football but it’s so hard to take anything of value of these games. 

It was the RT House Ballard that Kelly called out. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1989_Buffalo_Bills_season

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Utah John said:

Fitz carries a virus that afflicts all starting QBs ahead of him on the roster, regardless of which team he's playing for.  The starting QBs don't get sick, they get hurt.  Then Fitz comes in, has a string of mediocre games broken only by one insanely hot game, and the starter can't get back on the field.

For some reason, reading this made something click in my head as to a possible theory about why this happens everywhere with Fitz.

We know he's incredibly charismatic--I'm sure you've seen his roast speech. We know he's smart--I think he went to a fairly decent school if memory serves. We know his teammates love him--I still remember a story I read about he and the offensive line went out to breakfast every week.

He seems like, dare I say, an alpha through and through.

He must walk into the meeting room of a new team and instantly be every coaches favorite player. 

Sports are full of "alphas"... these are all guys who have been told they're #1 for their entire lives, except by their coaches, who tell them to work harder. 

I just wonder if, for a young QB, it's demoralizing to see a guy like Fitz stroll in and instantly know your coach likes him more than you. It almost becomes a head game. You know he is objectively a worse football player than you, if you're the starter, but every day, everyone around you is treating him like he's a hall of famer/living legend. 
He's dressing up like Connor McGreggor in the locker room and the HC is clapping him on the shoulder and telling him he's the man, while he's coming off a 7/19 performance for 170 yards 3 picks and 1 TD, but the team is treating him like he just won the Super Bowl.

IDK--I've never played professional sports--but speaking from the perspective of a wage slave, the only thing worse than watching the bosses favorite brown nose the boss, is watching the bosses favorite sit around and do jack sh*t while still being the bosses favorite. (I would imagine, at least... I'm usually the bosses favorite and leave a few hours early with him to make my tee time, but I digress..)

3 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

USATSI_13177249.jpg?_u2B_qbKOudSTd3eGYje

Salguero - Neither Rosen or Fitzpatrick will be the Dolphins long term quarterback

On the long term impact of this competition between Fiztpatrick and Rosen: 

"By the end of the year, it really won't matter because neither one of these two guys is going to be, from what I can gather, the franchise quarterback of the Miami Dolphins going forward for years and years." 

On Rosen's supposed bad body language mentioned by Miami head coach Brian Flores: 

"Brian Flores was talking about how Josh Rosen needs to improve his 'body language.' When he doesn't like a play or when a play goes poorly, the coach wasn't digging too much Josh Rosen's reaction. And at quarterback, if you don't have the right reaction to adversity, you are affecting the entire offense. 

"Ryan Fitzpatrick handles all of those things, he has good body language, he has leadership. He gets guys in and out of the huddle quickly... You've got to - after a while - start to think 'I'm not thinking that the coach is loving this situation with Josh Rosen.'" 

should be a sweep, sweep of the fins in 2019?

Mike Schopp was a HUUUUUUUGE proponent of Josh Rosen, and to me it seemed like a big reason was Rosen’s liberal viewpoint  on issues.  

• Meh 1

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

He looks like a real steal.

Wish we took a chance on him. 

You have to be trolling.  Rosen is such a steal that the belief is that Miami is looking to land one of the “Big 3” QB’s in 2020.  A “reeeeeeal steal” for sure 🤣

4 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Don't underestimate the power of Fitzmagic to get insanely hot at any time.

spin-fitz.jpg

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

Its a tricky spot. It also wouldn’t be unheard of that a guy that’s at risk of bad body language, going through the worst first 12 months in the league you can write for a qb will show some behavior that’s not ideal. And then possibly paired with a coach that may not like him in the first place the guy starts focusing on any slip ups there instead of coaching him up.

sometimes situations like this spiral when there’s pre existing biases. I’d imagine if we fired McDermott, drafted a QB and traded our josh to a dumpster fire with a coach that doesn’t want him you might hear more about his accuracy from that coach. Josh would be more prone to miss throws in that situation and said coach would potentially be harping in them differently than a guy that loved him.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

You have to be trolling.  Rosen is such a steal that the belief is that Miami is looking to land one of the “Big 3” QB’s in 2020.  A “reeeeeeal steal” for sure 🤣

Rosen? No.

Preston Williams? Yes. 

• Like (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Mike Schopp was a HUUUUUUUGE proponent of Josh Rosen, and to me it seemed like a big reason was Rosen’s liberal viewpoint  on issues.  

Maybe a little, but mostly it's the opinions of Schoop's favorite guests that sway him. He's smart. He only books the smartest guests. Ergo.

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Maybe a little, but mostly it's the opinions of Schoop's favorite guests that sway him. He's smart. He only books the smartest guests. Ergo.

I listen to a ton of sports radio shows around the country depending on the day. He’s the worst, hands down. 

• Like (+1) 1