Sign in to follow this  
DaBillsFanSince1973

Salguero - Neither Rosen or Fitzpatrick will be the Dolphins long term quarterback

Posted (edited)

usatsi_13177249.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Salguero - Neither Rosen or Fitzpatrick will be the Dolphins long term quarterback

On the long term impact of this competition between Fiztpatrick and Rosen: 

"By the end of the year, it really won't matter because neither one of these two guys is going to be, from what I can gather, the franchise quarterback of the Miami Dolphins going forward for years and years." 

On Rosen's supposed bad body language mentioned by Miami head coach Brian Flores: 

"Brian Flores was talking about how Josh Rosen needs to improve his 'body language.' When he doesn't like a play or when a play goes poorly, the coach wasn't digging too much Josh Rosen's reaction. And at quarterback, if you don't have the right reaction to adversity, you are affecting the entire offense. 

"Ryan Fitzpatrick handles all of those things, he has good body language, he has leadership. He gets guys in and out of the huddle quickly... You've got to - after a while - start to think 'I'm not thinking that the coach is loving this situation with Josh Rosen.'" 

should be a sweep, sweep of the fins in 2019?

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

should be a sweep, sweep of the fins in 2019?

Don't underestimate the power of Fitzmagic to get insanely hot at any time.

• Like (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Sounds like Rosen is living up to all the pre draft bad press.  He hasn't even played a real game for the Dolphins yet.

• Like (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

Sounds like Rosen is living up to all the pre draft bad press.  He hasn't even played a real game for the Dolphins yet.

Has he asked for a hot tub in his room yet? Somewhere Jim Mora jr is laughing. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Don't underestimate the power of Fitzmagic to get insanely hot at any time.

then cold as ice. usually around the 4th quarter. no, fitz doesn't scare me, respect him as a player but no, not worried about old fitz.

• Thanks! (+1) 1

Imagine how bad Rosen would look if he wasn't bailed out by the surprising Preston Williams.

I'd like to revisit our experts' opinions on Williams at the draft.  It does seem that the DV charges took him off the boards.

The more I hear and read about Rosen, the more I am sure that the Bills drafted the "right Josh".

• Like (+1) 15
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, GG said:

Imagine how bad Rosen would look if he wasn't bailed out by the surprising Preston Williams.

I'd like to revisit our experts' opinions on Williams at the draft.  It does seem that the DV charges took him off the boards.

He looks like a real steal.

Wish we took a chance on him. 

THE BEARD NEVER DIES......

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

He looks like a real steal.

Wish we took a chance on him. 

He'll be the steal of the draft if he keeps his nose clean

• Haha (+1) 2

Seems insanely early for this.  If someone wrote this about Allen, we’d be trashing the reporter.  Rosen actually had pretty decent numbers (preseason sucks though). 

Rosen May bust but I wouldn’t write any qb off after game 1 of a preseason on a new team.  I will say the body language would be a big concern if I was Rosen. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Seems insanely early for this.  If someone wrote this about Allen, we’d be trashing the reporter.  Rosen actually had pretty decent numbers (preseason sucks though). 

Rosen May bust but I wouldn’t write any qb off after game 1 of a preseason on a new team.  I will say the body language would be a big concern if I was Rosen. 

See above comments.  Preston Williams played lights out on some pretty awful tosses by Rosen

43 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Has he asked for a hot tub in his room yet? Somewhere Jim Mora jr is laughing. 

Mora Jr??? The guy who was handed everything by his dad? The defensive guru who sucked coaching defense and had one of worst ones in college football?  Mora Jr who couldn’t build a decent program in LA despite Being in one of areas of the country for recruiting?

wheres he coaching again?  Oh, daddy will just giethim another job. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Not if the reporter was quoting the words of Sean McDermott, we wouldn’t. Instead, we’d be concerned as hell that Allen was failing as a leader on the field. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GG said:

See above comments.  Preston Williams played lights out on some pretty awful tosses by Rosen

I love football but preseason football is meaningless.  I guess we’ll see what the season brings.  

Just now, K-9 said:

Not if the reporter was quoting the words of Sean McDermott, we wouldn’t. Instead, we’d be concerned as hell that Allen was failing as a leader on the field. 

Well McDermott literarily says nothing of value in press conferences (which I’m fine with).  Maybe this guy is trying to motivate him through the press.  And he’s not, doesn’t seem like the coach and front office are on the same page. 

• Like (+1) 1

Wow....Fitzy ISN'TT the Dolphins "long term QB"???

Wow, Salguero is an F'n SAGE!!

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Wow....Fitzy ISN'TT the Dolphins "long term QB"???

Wow, Salguero is an F'n SAGE!!

At the same point, why wouldn’t they keep Fitz at a veteran mentor/ backup?  I’d rather have Fitz than Matt Barkley, though I guess Barkley isn’t a thread to win a job. 

Bills QB Joe Ferguson used to be criticized for walking off the field with his head down, particularly after an interception.  He explained he was just thinking through what had gone wrong, not indicating he was giving up.  Nevertheless that head down walk was what many people remember about him as a player.

Pretty ironic considering that he was the Bills' second greatest QB ever (so far).

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

At the same point, why wouldn’t they keep Fitz at a veteran mentor/ backup?  I’d rather have Fitz than Matt Barkley, though I guess Barkley isn’t a thread to win a job. 

Fitz is the King, don't get me wrong.  Coolest QB in the NFL,  BY FAR, for years now.  But for a Fins reporter to be putting out there that Fitz isn't his teams long term Qb tells me he's not familiar with Beardy's career at all.  he's never been any team's "long term QB".  He's actually famous for this.  Salguero is clueless.

• Like (+1) 3

Fitz carries a virus that afflicts all starting QBs ahead of him on the roster, regardless of which team he's playing for.  The starting QBs don't get sick, they get hurt.  Then Fitz comes in, has a string of mediocre games broken only by one insanely hot game, and the starter can't get back on the field.

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

preseason football is meaningless

Yep. Example: Mahomes had a rough preseason last year--but he did pretty well in the regular season, if memory serves me well.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Utah John said:

Fitz carries a virus that afflicts all starting QBs ahead of him on the roster, regardless of which team he's playing for.  The starting QBs don't get sick, they get hurt.  Then Fitz comes in, has a string of mediocre games broken only by one insanely hot game, and the starter can't get back on the field.

Actually, last season he started immediately for the guy ahead of him (who was suspended for handling an Uber driver like 2 lbs of stolen crab legs) and had a string of insanely bot games.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Bills QB Joe Ferguson used to be criticized for walking off the field with his head down, particularly after an interception.  He explained he was just thinking through what had gone wrong, not indicating he was giving up.  Nevertheless that head down walk was what many people remember about him as a player.

Pretty ironic considering that he was the Bills' second greatest QB ever (so far).

Jim Kelly called out his LT and started the bickering Bills that almost destroyed the SB teams.  

But if I was a coach, body language is something I would stress with my qbs. 

3 minutes ago, boater said:

Yep. Example: Mahomes had a rough preseason last year--but he did pretty well in the regular season, if memory serves me well.

There was a thread laughing at Mahomes for throwing interceptions in preseason practice!!! Kinda of hilarious looking back. 

Its also to have football but it’s so hard to take anything of value of these games.