hoping we go 4 and 0 in the preseason

Howard

^^^ quote Formally Albert in MA

how do you like my team now. 2 - 0 and looking strong. Don’t give me no Marv Levy did this or that. My team is on their way to 4 - 0 and it feels really great. Me and bride have not felt this good since we kicked Shulas behind in 80. 

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Howard said:

^^^ quote Formally Albert in MA

how do you like my team now. 2 - 0 and looking strong. Don’t give me no Marv Levy did this or that. My team is on their way to 4 - 0 and it feels really great. Me and bride have not felt this good since we kicked Shulas behind in 80. 

3 way? Kinky but glad you and the bride tonight. Breakfast at Dennys should be special in the morning!

On 8/14/2019 at 6:32 AM, BringBackFergy said:

Howard must be walking the mall this morning. Seems he was up late pondering the best way to go undefeated in the Pre-season. I'm not opposed to the idea, but he seems to think it's still 1972 when such games mattered.

"The Bills are due in '72!"

18 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

I don’t think preseason records matter much,and don’t care what the media thinks, but it’s always better to win. 

^^^ Quote Boatrinks

preseason doesn’t matter? What doesn’t matter? Seeing John Allen slice and dice the defense of the Carolina kittens? Seeing Truman Edmunds dominate? Even my wife’s favorite player Tom Sweeney has a good game against the first string defense. Reminds of guys at the Postal service who said “as long as you get most of the mail there before Christmas you’ll get a good gift from the customer when it counts.”  Hell no. You deliver it all, every day, no matter what. You should take pride in your job and succeed. That’s what preseason is - delivering coupons on Thursday’s so you can be ready for the big haul in January. I hate when people say these games don’t matter. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Howard said:

^^^ Quote Boatrinks

preseason doesn’t matter? What doesn’t matter? Seeing John Allen slice and dice the defense of the Carolina kittens? Seeing Truman Edmunds dominate? Even my wife’s favorite player Tom Sweeney has a good game against the first string defense. Reminds of guys at the Postal service who said “as long as you get most of the mail there before Christmas you’ll get a good gift from the customer when it counts.”  Hell no. You deliver it all, every day, no matter what. You should take pride in your job and succeed. That’s what preseason is - delivering coupons on Thursday’s so you can be ready for the big haul in January. I hate when people say these games don’t matter. 

I’ll assume you’re agreeing with me , Howard ? I said preaseason records don’t matter much. They don’t, that’s a fact. However, I think the games themselves do matter. Many players need the live reps, and the coaches need to evaluate one on one performances without scheme to enhance them. The final score, and thusly the records are largely irrelevant and no inidicative of success or failure to come. There are many players rotating in and out that may not be on the opening day roster, so you can’t get too hung up on scores. But I’d rather win ‘em than lose ‘em. 

• 2 weeks later...

Holy smokes. Shirl just ran through the parlor and was screaming. What a great game. I told you guys wed go undefeated in the preseason. Can’t wait to see that punk Jim Spagnulo on here and show him what a real team looks like. That’s our team right there. You know when we went 4-0 last? In 1966. That was when I was running my route over on South Park and stopping at Murphy’s at 3pm for 10 cent drafts. Have to sleep now. Go bills

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

A little Shirl goes a long way.

Pretty sure that Shirley was a member of the US Postal Service Ladies Auxiliary. They throw the Christmas parties at the Local 537 Ironworker’s hall for kids in the neighborhood. She’s a sweetie....and a damn good cook.