hoping we go 4 and 0 in the preseason

Howard

Howard, I think I've told you this before, but my dad is a retired postal carrier.  They do not get the respect the deserve and they are, indeed, veterans.  So thank you for your service, kind sir.

I plotted preseason vs regular season win percentages for 2018, and it really shows how poor of an indicator the preseason record is. Less than 1% of the variation in regular season win percent can be explained by the teams preseason records.

Preseason v Regular 2018.png

• Like (+1) 1

^^ quote gugny

I’m sure he’s a good man and he knows how important it is to be prepared, on time, accuracy, work hard and dedication. I learned that in my 50+ years of service (except when me and Jules Moriarty spilled a pitcher of beer at the old Deerhead Inn and we had to use napkins to wipe it off the floor because there was no ***** mop). Tell him “Post-ahhhh!!” for me. He will know what I mean. 

^^^ quote nrenegerito

all your fancy flow charts and diagrams tell me one thing - our world is in more trouble than a hooker at Sunday mass. What’s wrong with winning pre season and keep winning. Softer than my satchel

3 hours ago, Howard said:

^^^ quote him

so having a real good 90 players that beats the pulp out of another 90 man team means nothing? I think it means much more and i’m thinking it shows we can beat most any team. 

During the regular season you will only have 53. So,37 of those guys dont mean much in those 4 preseason games.Seriously,it depends on things like  rotation ,how much your seconds play against seconds,etc.

^^ quote nrenwgor

Every service man I know has a satchel. Grows muscle and strenth. Unlike the keyboards and game gadgets boys play with now a days. Try holding a satchel some time and you will appreciate what I am talking about. Especially after a 8 mile walk. 

I actually love watching preseason games. I love seeing the bubble guys fighting for a spot, or even just recognition, trying to keep their NFL dreams alive. I also like seeing the coaches experimenting with various positions, and schemes, and the evaluation process. We got to see Christian Wade take it to the house. I was wondering how Senorise Perry would look in a game, and I got to see that.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if we did go 4-0 for the preseason, just on the depth of our defense alone. IMO, our second string defense is a good, or better than the bottom third of the league's first string defenses. Word.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Howard!  Is that you?   We had some good times at the Playtime Lounge on Bailey Ave. and you delivered mail to my house on Dartmouth for some 22 years before we moved to the suburbs.  Jeanette and I always joked that out third child looked like the mailman.  If so, you have 5 grandkids.  Remember when we rolled the keg into the end zone at the Rockpile.  I could hoist it on my shoulder back then.  Glad to hear you are still alive and kicking

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Ok. You get a pass Howard. But I'd prefer to win games when they count; I'm weird like that.

Oh, don’t be so modest! That’s not the only way you are weird! 

?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Augie said:

Oh, don’t be so modest! That’s not the only way you are weird! 

?

Yes. There are many, many aspects of my personality that make me weird. HOWEVER, this thread makes me feel normal. So I'm grateful to Howard for that.

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

Yes. There are many, many aspects of my personality that make me weird. HOWEVER, this thread makes me feel normal. So I'm grateful to Howard for that.

Howard is here to help, and we love that! 

• Thank you (+1) 1