hoping we go 4 and 0 in the preseason

Howard

Hey evryone. Been some time. Me and Mrs ready to head back to AZ in October. 

I think it would be great to go undefeated in the pre season. We would show all the smart analysts that our team is for real. 

Go Bills

H

• Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Howard said:

Hey evryone. Been some time. Me and Mrs ready to head back to AZ in October. 

I think it would be great to go undefeated in the pre season. We would show all the smart analysts that our team is for real. 

Go Bills

H

I mean that'd be nice it just doesn't mean all that much.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Howard said:

^^^ quote Maga Man

I agree with you sometimes but winning pre season will make other teams fear us. Thats half the battle most times as I have found in my 80 plus years. 

I don't think anyone really fears teams for going 4-0 in preseason. Typically teams only treat the 3rd game like a real one/dry run the rest are essentially weird practices.

No one's going to be upset if we go 4-0 in the preseason; fans would love it and so would I. And it can't do anything but improve team confidence.

But I don't think any outsiders would care, unless we thump teams in an unprecedented manner. Preseason is forgotten as soon as it's over, and for good reason -- there doesn't seem to be a correlation between preseason success and regular-season success.

1 hour ago, MAGA-Man said:

Hmm, didn't someone go 4-0 in the pre season and then 0-16 in the regular season one year? Lions?

Yep, 2008, 4-0 in pre-season, 0-16 in the regular season. Only 4 of those 16 games were decided by 7 points or less. 2 of those were against the Vikings. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/det/2008/gamelog/

Edited by Just Jack