Bon Scott or Brian Johnson

Scott/Johnson  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Better AC/DC lead singer?

Was 11-12 years old when Bon’s work hit Canada and it was amongst the ten greatest things I heard at that most impressionable age.....

no dissing intended for Brian

The New Music was a great Toronto tv show giving us the punk and metal and other fringe elements, late 70s though getting stale around 1984.  AC/DC was prominent then, interviewed I guess by J.D. Roberts (now John with Fox News)

He won’t talk about his music interviews back then...

I'm not going to vote because Bon Scott-era ACDC and Brian Johnson-era ACDC are so different.

What do I prefer?  Bon Scott.  But Brian Johnson sang great for what ACDC became.  Except in Thunderstruck.  He ruined a great song by singing WAY out of range.  I can't even listen to it.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I once heard someone say that Bon Scott sounds like Bon Scott. Brian Johnson sounds like Elmo doing an impression of Bon Scott, and I haven't been able to unhear it since.

LOL.  I like both equally  

Was it Top Gear where Brian was awarded a trophy spelled 

Biran Johnson 

17 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Bon Scott without a doubt. Back in Black is a GREAT album, but Bon was the man. Crazy as hell. 

Showed up to the tryouts without a shirt on and a beer in hand, and they gave him the gig without him singing at all.

In fairness, he already had some moderate fame in Australia before AC/DC. It's so weird too. One was a Strawberry Alarm Clock style psychedelic band. The other was a bubblegum pop band. Then AC/DC. 

1 minute ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

In fairness, he already had some moderate fame in Australia before AC/DC. It's so weird too. One was a Strawberry Alarm Clock style psychedelic band. The other was a bubblegum pop band. Then AC/DC. 

Yep, the Valentines! 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Strawberry wasn’t a bubblegum band?

Big fan but I&P is bubblegum......

1 hour ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

My favorite quote about AC/DC came from Angus Young himself. "I'm sick and tired of people saying that we put out 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we've put out 12 albums that sound exactly the same."

That would be everything after Back in Black, which was a good album, but didn't need to be recycled a dozen times.

That's why I voted for Bon Scott - all their albums with him were original. And I like his voice better.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

That would be everything after Back in Black, which was a good album, but didn't need to be recycled a dozen times.

That's why I voted for Bon Scott - all their albums with him were original. And I like his voice better.

Agreed. Powerage is one of their best albums and critically underrated. I found an album of a guy that took a bunch of songs from the Bon era, and turned them into acoustic ballads. You wouldn't even know it was AC/DC, and it really highlighted Bon Scott's abilities as a lyricist. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What's_Next_to_the_Moon_(album)

• Like (+1) 1

I say Brian Johnson, just because the other guy never had me to his house for dinner, and vice versa. My wife became friends with Brian’s wife. I think we were let into the circle because I couldn’t give a %$#& about his music. Had to stonewall my friends who wanted to crash our events. 

• Like (+1) 1