Axl Rose or James Hetfield ?

Teddy KGB

Just now, DC Tom said:

Axl.  

Hetfield's no slouch, but Axl is a surprisingly good singer.

Axl's range is ridiculous.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/music-news/10848713/Axl-Rose-has-a-larger-vocal-range-than-Mariah-Carey.html

"The Guns N' Roses vocalist has sung notes that span nearly six octaves, from F1 (in There Was a Time), in the second-lowest octave in scientific pitch notation, to B flat 6 (Ain't it Fun), five octaves above it. Rose has a lower baritone than Barry White, and can reach higher notes than Tina Turner and Beyoncé."

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

Axl's range is ridiculous.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/music-news/10848713/Axl-Rose-has-a-larger-vocal-range-than-Mariah-Carey.html

"The Guns N' Roses vocalist has sung notes that span nearly six octaves, from F1 (in There Was a Time), in the second-lowest octave in scientific pitch notation, to B flat 6 (Ain't it Fun), five octaves above it. Rose has a lower baritone than Barry White, and can reach higher notes than Tina Turner and Beyoncé."

CMFT all the way ladies and germs...

image.thumb.png.dbd637070b63aaf0d42dfebf72f75619.png

6 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

James. Not alotta people can hold it down on rhythm like he does. 

Old Jamez was good, new James meh. I looooved Metallica throughout the 80s-90s, but now they are kinda meh and mostly because of James. As far as GNR -, I know Chinese Democracy wasn't well received, but from a musical composition standpoint it's damn good and the guitar work is f-ing masterful...

7 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

CMFT all the way ladies and germs...

image.thumb.png.dbd637070b63aaf0d42dfebf72f75619.png

Old Jamez was good, new James meh. I looooved Metallica throughout the 80s-90s, but now they are kinda meh and mostly because of James. As far as GNR -, I know Chinese Democracy wasn't well received, but from a musical composition standpoint it's damn good and the guitar work is f-ing masterful...

8 Days till my next Slipknot show!

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

The album is sooo ***** good. We went to San Bernadino - it was great! Ready to see them again when they tour for the album

Really looking forward to seeing Volbeat.  This will be my third time seeing Behemoth.  The things I do for my son.  We last saw Slipknot in the summer of 2015.  I was not a fan of their music, but I totally dig them now.

24 minutes ago, Gugny said:

8 Days till my next Slipknot show!

I think I told you that they did a show at local place in my little town... I wanna say like 7 years ago.  My my son was like in Grade 8.  They are out of Des Moines and I guess they have a connection here.  They agreed to do a show in this little dive place in town. My Son went to it when he was in that phase.

• Like (+1) 1

Neither!  I prefer a young Robert Plant.

He has completely lost the ability to sing in late life unfortunately.

Hate the whole Axl thing, and Hetfield really can't sing; I think I overall would prefer Metallica's music to GNR though.