Hong Kong Protest

3rdnlng

44 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

A black guy was president in 2007?

Sometimes I wish incompetence was a color. Since the left only sees skin color in everything they do, maybe they'd finally see what so many people disliked about Obama.

But no. 

Meanwhile, how many people are struggling right now with the incredible increases for health insurance? Obamacare is 10x the clusterphuck everyone predicted, and you can thank Obama for this schittshow regardless of what color his skin is.

Speaker Pelosi 

For ten weeks now, the people of Hong Kong have inspired the world with the courage and determination with which they are fighting for the freedom, justice and true autonomy that they were promised. The Chief Executive and Legislative Council must finally, fully meet the legitimate democratic aspirations of the Hong Kong people, as guaranteed under “One Country, Two Systems,” starting by completely and immediately withdrawing the dangerous extradition bill, investigating and ending police violence and granting universal suffrage.

The escalating violence and use of force perpetrated against the Hong Kong protestors is extremely alarming. The pro-Beijing Chief Executive and the Hong Kong police forces must immediately cease the aggression and abuse being perpetrated against their own people.

MICHAEL YON EMAILS FROM HONG KONG:

Yesterday’s protest was massive. I have not even slept yet. Estimated 1.7m people. Crowds are notoriously difficult to estimate, but I will confirm it was absolutely massive, stretching for miles in pouring rain. Massive.

Hong Kong is China’s brain tumor. Do nothing…tumor grows. Operate…the procedure could kill the communist party.

This is very serious, Gentlemen. Do not underestimate what is happening here.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

7 hours ago, B-Man said:

Yesterday’s protest was massive. I have not even slept yet. Estimated 1.7m people. Crowds are notoriously difficult to estimate, but I will confirm it was absolutely massive, stretching for miles in pouring rain. Massive.

Hong Kong is China’s brain tumor. Do nothing…tumor grows. Operate…the procedure could kill the communist party.

Gentlemen?  Is this guy some kind of massage artist?  How can we listen to him?

9 hours ago, B-Man said:

Hopefully they don't start treating the 'tumor' with radiation...

China complains that it is being censored by Twitter and Facebook

There's a lot of issues in this article -- not just Hong Kong related.

--China is acting hypocritically regarding censorship (within their borders vs. outside their borders).

--Twitter and Facebook choose to limit what they perceive as a "disinformation campaign".

--The decisions are made as part of the backlash against "Russia interference" in the 2016 election.

--Google hasn't commented on this, even though China is allegedly making youtube videos akin to the misinfo they're alleged to be spreading in the other two social media platforms.

• Thank you (+1) 1