Former Bills Roscoe Parrish Arrested (2 Felonies)

MAJBobby

1 hour ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Honest question. Let's say we dominated that era. Perennial contenders. Playoffs every year. Even won one or two big ones. Do we still hate those jerseys?

Good question.  I compared it to the Sabres and those slug jerseys.  Probably one of the best periods of the Sabres but those jerseys still are awful looking.  I hate watching the highlights from that.

i think the Sabres (royal blue and gold) and the current Bills have some of the best uniforms in sports so they should just keep them as is. 

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Good question.  I compared it to the Sabres and those slug jerseys.  Probably one of the best periods of the Sabres but those jerseys still are awful looking.  I hate watching the highlights from that.

i think the Sabres (royal blue and gold) and the current Bills have some of the best uniforms in sports so they should just keep them as is. 

I'd wear a pink and purple polka dot jersey to get back to a Sabres team that good. 

36 minutes ago, JoeF said:

The most horrible play of the most horrible game I have attended in my life (2:30 mark)...

That being said, still liked him as a player.  Hope there is some way to resolve this for him.

I vividly recall that as one of the worst, if not the worst NFL games I have ever watched, right down to the hideous Bills uniforms..  The "winning" QB was none other than Derek Anderson, went something like  2-16 for 26 yards.

Interesting to see Edwards getting sacked, his weak arm, Lynch, TO,   even the  fat slob Rob Ryan has an appearance.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I vividly recall that as one of the worst, if not the worst NFL games I have ever watched, right down to the hideous Bills uniforms..  The "winning" QB was none other than Derek Anderson, went something like  2-16 for 26 yards.

Interesting to see Edwards getting sacked, his weak arm, Lynch, TO,   even the  fat slob Rob Ryan has an appearance.

The crowd was screaming "Fire, Dick; Fire, Dick" at the end of the game....and four short weeks later it was done.

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

He sure was small back then 

but he'd be a lot slower for today’s game

Magic 8 ball sez............

freakin hands down first ballot HOF iF only he started in 2018..........

With all the millions he stole from the Bills I feel no sympathy at all....

Wait...what??  Sarcasm?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Wait...what??  Sarcasm?

Forgive me if i left any doubt it was anything but sarcasm...

Someone had a too powerful outburst about how RP would be a superstar today, then got real snippy when called on it.... made my day

• Thank you (+1) 1

Favorite off-field Roscoe moment: the first time it snowed during his rookie year, he was afraid to go outside. A teammate had to pick him up at home and drive him to practice.

Edited by WhoTom
  • Like (+1) 1

Parrish was not much as a receiver, really just a bum who would once or twice a season break a big play. But he was for a few years one of if not the best punt returner in the league. So while the pick should be labeled as a bust it wasn't a complete waste either as at least he produced as a returner. 

Sadly this was a compounding effect from the Losman pick. Losman had a big arm and the team was looking to surround him with speedy receivers in order to cater to his skillset. This was another blunder that cost the Bills several years of quality football in favor of trusting mind numbing mediocrity. 

5 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Those uniforms just symbolize the suck of that era.  Awful, awful uniforms.  Now we might have the best in the league. 

Truth.

Hated those unis - looked like something that would be spawned if a Titan player knocked up our flag.

Edited by WideNine

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
6 hours ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Wasn't there a rumor a couple of years ago that Parrish was gay.

No wait, that was Peerless Price.

6 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

He was the headliner (top pick after the 1st rounder was given away the year before for the privilege of drafting JP Losman) of that epically bad 2005 draft. 

What a bum.  $100K bond?  I hope he brought his toothbrush.

Taking him in the 2d round should have also been a felony.   Still can't understand why people here loved him so much.   Because of a few good punt returns? 

Good grief...they could have taken Vincent Jackson instead.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Worst game ever - worst live sports experience I've ever had.  What Roscoe did that day muffing the game away was a felony - but everyone responsible for that putrid "game" should have been put in jail.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Those uniforms just symbolize the suck of that era.  Awful, awful uniforms.  Now we might have the best in the league. 

Only missing the red helmets...

7 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Honest question. Let's say we dominated that era. Perennial contenders. Playoffs every year. Even won one or two big ones. Do we still hate those jerseys?

Interesting point, but yes, those jerseys were horrible.