Former Bills Roscoe Parrish Arrested (2 Felonies)

MAJBobby

36 minutes ago, row_33 said:

The 1,123rd sad story about a bust who just didn’t have a perfect storm laid out in front of him his whole career.

The 1,123rd miserable overreaction to a simple statement on a message board.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Element115 said:

Hmm, I bet a woman is involved in some way :)

Or money owed for a card game 

13 minutes ago, Logic said:

The 1,123rd miserable overreaction to a simple statement on a message board.

If only he came along 10 years later 

if only he had a better coach

if only he drank more milk as a child and was 10 pounds of muscle stronger

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Its a combo of the two

Most talented player that COULDNT stay healthy.....not the most talented player overall

Form week 7 of his rookie season through the end of 2009 he missed 7 games (out of 74).  After that he fell apart.

He wasn't that talented after all--at least as a "dual threat" WR/returner.  His main value was as a punt returner, where he racked up a huge per return avg in consecutive seasons because he didn't return a lot of punts (only 27 and 21 those 2 years).  He had a grand total of 3 career TDs for punt and kick returns-combined.

54 minutes ago, Logic said:

Loved Roscoe Parrish. Every time he lined up to return a punt, I held my breath. I couldn't figure out back then why he could never seem to beat out Josh Reed for playing time in the slot.

He was ahead of his time a little bit, by the way. Roscoe Parrish in 2019 NFL -- with the jet sweeps, bubble screens, and other creative offensive measures that have become part of the league -- would be awesome.

For someone with the screen name Logic, you have absolutely none. 

Parrish, in today’s NFL would be exactly the same he was back then. Small and small. did I mention small? 

The guy was always too small for this league. And dumber than a box of rocks that had been smashed. 

Did i I mention how small he was? I’m not saying he’s small, but I’ve met him and my wrists are bigger than his calves. My forearms were bigger than his thighs. That’s a problem in this league. He was always hurt because he was way too small. He was a decent returner until he got tackled and then broke 3 bones. Come back 6 weeks later. Rinse repeat. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, mrags said:

For someone with the screen name Logic, you have absolutely none. 

Parrish, in today’s NFL would be exactly the same he was back then. Small and small. did I mention small? 

The guy was always too small for this league. And dumber than a box of rocks that had been smashed. 

Did i I mention how small he was? I’m not saying he’s small, but I’ve met him and my wrists are bigger than his calves. My forearms were bigger than his thighs. That’s a problem in this league. He was always hurt because he was way too small. He was a decent returner until he got tackled and then broke 3 bones. Come back 6 weeks later. Rinse repeat. 

He sure was small back then 

but he'd be a lot slower for today’s game

Magic 8 ball sez............

freakin hands down first ballot HOF iF only he started in 2018..........

With all the millions he stole from the Bills I feel no sympathy at all....

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Most talented, not sure about that.  And the staying healthy part might be because he was 5’3” and weighed 125 lbs. 

Actually he was 4'11' and weighted 87 Ibs. He had a 1 inch third leg if you know what I mean. 

Edited by Zaso Art Designs

1 hour ago, eball said:

Worst part about this post is that I had to see those uniforms/helmet again -- :sick:

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Those uniforms just symbolize the suck of that era.  Awful, awful uniforms.  Now we might have the best in the league. 

Honest question. Let's say we dominated that era. Perennial contenders. Playoffs every year. Even won one or two big ones. Do we still hate those jerseys?

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe

13 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Honest question. Let's say we dominated that era. Perennial contenders. Playoffs every year. Even won one or two big ones. Do we still hate those jerseys?

Nope. Best jerseys ever 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Eh, I hated the pick from day 1.  Let’s draft a midget with the first pick of the draft.  Typical TD move, trying to outsmart everyone.  At least it wasn’t Tavon Austin in the first round. 

My pick there was Adam Terry, OT coming out of Cuse.

He didnt go on to be an All-pro or anything, but he did ok his first 4 years in Baltimore, and would rather have seen a dedication to building the Lines than a flashy Kick Returner who was too small for the NFL.

I'll never forget when that pick came in.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

I'm biased, of course, but I think top 5 without a doubt.  The others I put in that category are the Cowboys, Packers, Raiders, and Steelers.

All sharp, clean and classic. Add the Colts & Giants to that list too.

Bottom of the barrel; Tampa Bay(offensive to the eyes), Jets(great color they switched to, but horrible execution), and New England & Cincy are just overall incoherent design trainwrecks.

28 minutes ago, row_33 said:

He sure was small back then 

but he'd be a lot slower for today’s game

Magic 8 ball sez............

freakin hands down first ballot HOF iF only he started in 2018..........

With all the millions he stole from the Bills I feel no sympathy at all....

..wasn't he about the same size as Marquis Goodwin?..........

6 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

I just recall his size was an issue at the time, could be wrong. Goodwin the best to compare to?

7 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Smaller. Goodwin has an inch or two and played in the 180s. Roscoe was listed at 175lbs, but I bet he was closer to 170. And that all seems pretty close to you and I, but on the field makes a huge difference.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, row_33 said:

I just recall his size was an issue at the time, could be wrong. Goodwin the best to compare to?

...think I remember him being called a "luxury pick" at the time......and the coaches could not figure out how to use him effectively (I think)..

• Like (+1) 1