Josh Criticized for same throw Mayfield Praised For

BisonMan

1 minute ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Pretty sure he was referring to the Element115 poster that's just trolling every other thread.

Correct. Previously MacGuyver, T Bomb, Rosen not Chose, WhyteDwarf... I'm sure I'm missing a few. Everyone should have caught onto it by now. He is a nuisance by design.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

this route over the middle with 2 defenders near by .....   

Wasn't Sammy hurt on a similar pass in the EZ  from EJ?  

I recall many people saying EJ wass throwing Sammy into trouble and will get him killed.

My how time changes these little things 

Its the NFL, there are ALWAYS defenders near by.  Nothings changed, Zay still cant catch when it matters.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Its the NFL, there are ALWAYS defenders near by.  Nothings changed, Zay still cant catch when it matters.

I am not arguing that Zay should have caught that .   He took his eye off the ball to look at the defender behind him (like many players do)  

I was just indicating how the perspective changes QB to QB and team to team. 

5 hours ago, DCofNC said:

One worked, the other didn't.  Mayfield also can do no wrong in the eyes of ths media.  Hell it was celebrated when he ripped a beer can open with his teeth and chugged it on the jumbotron.. That would have gotten him shamed for days if he were virtually anyone else.

Let Baker and his inflated ego get all the attention. His "look at me" personality will come back to bite him. Let Josh stay under the radar and develop at a normal pace. That throw to Zay couldn't be more perfect. Jones simply alligator armed it and was looking at the safety before the ball even arrived. As a wr he drives me nuts.

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

I am not arguing that Zay should have caught that .   He took his eye off the ball to look at the defender behind him (like many players do)  

I was just indicating how the perspective changes QB to QB and team to team. 

You started a thread on how Jones would get cut and I thought you were nuts.  I even predicted he’d catch the firs TD pass of the year.  I’m not so sure you’ll be wrong.  He has to catch that ball, and there are guys like Phillips and Foster ready to take over.

4 hours ago, Element115 said:

I'd like to say it's a growing trend due to the shift to outrage culture, but even in the 90's Bills Fans were sensitive.

Anyone have a link the Mayfiled pass?  I'm too lazy to go find it.

Great point. I haven't lived in Buffalo since the 90s. All I heard then was Kelly throws too many picks, Kelly doesn't get along with Thurman, Kelly is overrated, they party too much, etc  So times never change..... people are often only happy when there is success that they haven't tasted for awhile. Hopefully that is soon for us Bills fans.  

12 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

You started a thread on how Jones would get cut and I thought you were nuts.  I even predicted he’d catch the firs TD pass of the year.  I’m not so sure you’ll be wrong.  He has to catch that ball, and there are guys like Phillips and Foster ready to take over.

What????  

Sorry not I.   I have been one of Zay's few defenders 

You sure you were thinking of Alpha or Nasty? 

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

It was alpha.  My bad.

No problem.  I've made similar mistakes myself

Just now, Binghamton Beast said:

Hits like Jones took happen literally every NFL game.

Football.

Yup. 

But like I sad the story changes depending on who you like or dislike.  

The EJ throwing guys into danger had gone on for close to a month. 

• Like (+1) 1

"throwing guys into danger...."

Someone ought to ask Welker or Edelman about that, if either one can still form a sentence after all the crazy shots they have taken.

Edelman, as much as I can't stand him, I have to respect the way he takes huge shots every game when Brady "throws him into danger" 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

"throwing guys into danger...."

Someone ought to ask Welker or Edelman about that, if either one can still form a sentence after all the crazy shots they have taken.

Edelman, as much as I can't stand him, I have to respect the way he takes huge shots every game when Brady "throws him into danger" 

Pawns on a chess board...

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

exactly... I watch Edelman take an absolute beating every week, and nobody ever says anything about Brady "throwing him into danger"

Brady just throws it and you had better catch it if you play there. 

I kinda feel bad for Beasley.