Josh Criticized for same throw Mayfield Praised For

BisonMan

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

A question i hadn’t seen yet it the midst of hating Zay, disliking the throw and whether QBs fitting balls in tight windows are lethal to WRs or not... 

Where’s the flag for the defender nearly taking the WR head off when he didn’t even catch the ball? 

Isnt that exactly the sort sort of thing they are trying to discourage? 

Looked like a forearm to the head. Looked like the guy was looking at the official right afterward to see if a flag was coming 

True dat. I was shocked that no flag came out.  Haven’t seen a fine either.  

I’ve been critical of Allen’s accuracy in the past, but this was on Zay.  The throw was plenty good enough and should have been caught. 

11 hours ago, BisonMan said:

Watching highlights this weekend, I repeatedly say replays of a throw that Mayfield made for a TD on a long pass down the middle to a WR in the end zone, who subsequently got creamed by the safety behind him.

Josh makes a very similar throw through a tight window that Zay drops before getting creamed by the safety behind him. 

Mayfield was widely praised for this score while Allen was criticized by a variety of commentators (including Tasker) for risking his WR on such a tight window throw with a safety behind him. 

Go figure. 

They criticized Zay Jones not Josh Allen.