Josh Criticized for same throw Mayfield Praised For

BisonMan

1 minute ago, Bevis said:

I kinda feel bad for Beasley.

Why?

Everything is grey and silver and 8-8 in Dallas.... BLAH! Ugly uniforms, overpriced stadium, mediocre football. 

Here we are the TRUE America's team (red, white, and blue) and we're about to put the evil empire down. This is way more fun, as he noted. 

17 minutes ago, Bevis said:

He said username not avatar. And that poster has like 3k posts...

I was focusing more on the being drawn into a “long, stupid argument with zero basis in fact” aspect and I saw an immediate similarity. 

A question i hadn’t seen yet it the midst of hating Zay, disliking the throw and whether QBs fitting balls in tight windows are lethal to WRs or not... 

Where’s the flag for the defender nearly taking the WR head off when he didn’t even catch the ball? 

Isnt that exactly the sort sort of thing they are trying to discourage? 

Looked like a forearm to the head. Looked like the guy was looking at the official right afterward to see if a flag was coming 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Why?

Everything is grey and silver and 8-8 in Dallas.... BLAH! Ugly uniforms, overpriced stadium, mediocre football. 

Here we are the TRUE America's team (red, white, and blue) and we're about to put the evil empire down. This is way more fun, as he noted. 

I guess I mean as far as being a pawn.  He'll have to get used to falling on his sword. I have to confess though, I don't know much about Dak and if he leads his receivers into hard hits.

5 hours ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

Agreed. I think the major consensus was that it was a good throw, between the defender and he put the ball right on Clifford Franklin's  Zay's hands. He just dropped it, while looking for the safety.

Seemed to me to be a seam pass that could only be placed where it was. Zay was going to take a hit and alligator-armed it.

IMO, I don't really blame a receiver for taking the safer route during preseason and prepping for a hit vs laying out for a pass so the affair was a bit of a noth'n burger.

Now if he does not have the stones during an actual game and drops a sure TD because he does not want to pay a price for the score, or just shows the drive-killing inconsistencies and fighting the ball that have plagued his game to date, that is another story we will all gleefully beat to death.

1 hour ago, mrags said:

It was money if you mean on target. Should have been thrown earlier than it was tho. Had it been thrown earlier, Josh wouldn’t have put Zay in a position to get murdered. 

And before you get crazy, just know I’m a huge Allen fan. But that throw was a tad late. 

Still should have have been caught tho. 

Did you actually watch this play. It was a play action pass where he faked to the RB, stood up and threw it. No hesitation, no scanning the field. Please tell us how he could have thrown it any sooner.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, billykay said:

Did you actually watch this play. It was a play action pass where he faked to the RB, stood up and threw it. No hesitation, no scanning the field. Please tell us how he could have thrown it any sooner.

Any “sooner” off the play fake and the pass would have been rushed. As it is, he got it off in 2 friggen seconds.

And Allen would be facing even more criticism.

Edited by K-9

5 minutes ago, billykay said:

Yeah. I was there. In the same end zone where zay almost got murdered. It was late. Period 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

If that was late then the route and playaction aren’t compatible. 

Only a guess and certainly could be wrong, but the play action was likely in place to freeze a linebacker in coverage. As to the safety deep, usually in those red zone situations you have a receiver coming across that can rub him or draw him away. 

For us arm-chair QBs there is a lot that could have gone wrong with that play's execution that has nothing to do with Allen; Perhaps Zay was supposed to hesitate somewhere along his route to give time for someone else to clear the safety, perhaps the safety just did a great job reading Allen's eyes, or perhaps it was just a poorly designed play that left Zay out to dry. 

Coming to any conclusion without really knowing how the play was designed and intended to be executed is just poor conjecture.

6 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Only a guess and certainly could be wrong, but the play action was likely in place to freeze a linebacker in coverage. As to the safety deep, usually in those red zone situations you have a receiver coming across that can rub him or draw him away. 

For us arm-chair QBs there is a lot that could have gone wrong with that play's execution that has nothing to do with Allen; Perhaps Zay was supposed to hesitate somewhere along his route to give time for someone else to clear the safety, perhaps the safety just did a great job reading Allen's eyes, or perhaps it was just a poorly designed play that left Zay out to dry. 

Coming to any conclusion without really knowing how the play was designed and intended to be executed is just poor conjecture.

It’s just conjecture that my perspective is poor conjecture  ?

All I’m trying to say is no one is doing play-action and hitting that route faster regarding the Late comment. Also, after dropping the pass looks like he’s reaching for the ball, making himself even more vulnerable to that (arguably a defenseless WR) hit 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

It’s just conjecture that my perspective is poor conjecture  ?

All I’m trying to say is no one is doing play-action and hitting that route faster regarding the Late comment. Also, after dropping the pass looks like he’s reaching for the ball, making himself even more vulnerable to that (arguably a defenseless WR) hit 

More geared to those who were saying it was definitely a late pass - it could have just been a poorly designed play, poorly executed play by the receivers, or a good read by the safety. Folks see what they want to see, but I do agree with you that I do not think that Allen had a lot of time to change that play or throw it anywhere else.

Also, if thrown a quasi-second earlier perhaps it would of doinked off the back of Zay's helmet and imagine how folks would howl about Allen's timing if that happened 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Great throw by Josh. Zays eyes came up before he secured the catch. Gotta be tough to go over the middle (see Andre Reed). However....its preseason. So Zay gets a pass on this one (pun intended). 

Might as well catch the ball. He got creamed anyways.