Peter Gabriel or Phil Collins?

Just now, row_33 said:

Like me I pray you’ve been spared everything U2 has done since Joshua Tree....

Had a copy of Boy the week it was released and all the EPs imported and then JT and I metaphysically vomited for some reason

Rattle and Hum was the last U2 album I bought.  I thought it was better than Joshua Tree.

When I heard the crap coming off of Achtung Baby, I didn't even bother.  Zooropa was even more crap.  After that, I never even considered listening to anything.

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Rattle and Hum was the last U2 album I bought.  I thought it was better than Joshua Tree.

When I heard the crap coming off of Achtung Baby, I didn't even bother.  Zooropa was even more crap.  After that, I never even considered listening to anything.

I heard they tried some ironic jest thing, like when Garth Brooks invented a new persona of Chris Gaines?

im getting migraine...

Just now, row_33 said:

I heard they tried some ironic jest thing, like when Garth Brooks invented a new persona of Chris Gaines?

im getting migraine...

Like I said upstream, I have no problem with bands selling out, or changing their sound in order to make more money.  When they force fed that crap album down everyone's throats via iTunes, they crossed a line, IMO.  That was not cool.  Couldn't delete that crap (without even listening to one second of it) soon enough.

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Yeah, I was a huge U2 fan and absolutely LOVED Unforgettable Fire.  "With or Without You," was the "Every Breath You Take," of that year.  Blech.

I have zero problem with bands selling out.  Gotta pay the beels.

Even Zep sold out with "In Through the Out Door."  Bonham's death was tragic and it's a crappy way to end a run.  But I shiver when I think of what may have been next from them.

I liked the timing of "In through the Out Door" though. It wasn't a bad Zeppelin semi commercial effort. In 1979 it was a fun album.

1 minute ago, Rocket94 said:

I liked the timing of "In through the Out Door" though. It wasn't a bad Zeppelin semi commercial effort. In 1979 it was a fun album.

They got progressively beat down every month.... I guess the devil does collect.

how on earth did Page record albums that clear back in the day?

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

They got progressively beat down every month.... I guess the devil does collect.

how on earth did Page record albums that clear back in the day?

I don't know but some of his early guitar still gives me goose bumps. Listen to him consistently hammering away in "Heartbreaker" it is almost like a partial reverb in the background.

3 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

I don't know but some of his early guitar still gives me goose bumps. Listen to him consistently hammering away in "Heartbreaker" it is almost like a partial reverb in the background.

I still sit in shock and awe with the headphone amps working their magic.

so who were the 12 bands that massacred LZ any day of the week according to critics 1968-1974?

sadly the Cream tracks are all muddied....

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

I still sit in shock and awe with the headphone amps working their magic.

so who were the 12 bands that massacred LZ any day of the week according to critics 1968-1974?

sadly the Cream tracks are all muddied....

Cream! another one!

13 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

So, this was my prized possession in high school, a singed copy of this..to bad i cant find it Amazon has them selling for $100!!! Who do ya think i liked better. Alas, too young to ever see them play together, but Gabriel at Kleinhans at least 2 times...awesome shows!!!!

https://www.amazon.com/Genesis-Know-What-Armando-Gallo/dp/0960403604

image.jpeg.ba58bb56f5d55996558b4a0bb09d6e79.jpeg

I’m guessing second only to your Farrah Fawcett poster?