Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
YoloinOhio

Bills TC Day 14 (8/13) - joint practice with Panthers in Spartanburg, SC

Recommended Posts

I came into this thread to get info on what the rules are for fan attendance, as I wanted to possibly take my son.

 

Instead, it seems like an asinine pissing match over the importance of these practices. 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ittakestime said:

Another useless way to rack up injuries.

 

Football isn't curing cancer or rocket science, you don't need all these practices before the regular season.

 

 

Football is highly strategic and requires precise timing and a developed chemistry

 

Great Way to evaluate bubble players as well as hone the Offense and defense. Players need to be conditioned for the season. Also practicing against yourself becomes uninspiring and practicing against another team allows for perspective. Players learn the nuances o other players after repitition so practicing against yourself becomes self defeating at a certain point I would think.

 

Yes they're risks, but risks out weigh the rewards IMO . Its football, injuries happen, and that is why the best teams also have good depth.

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

I came into this thread to get info on what the rules are for fan attendance, as I wanted to possibly take my son.

 

Instead, it seems like an asinine pissing match over the importance of these practices. 

 

I just tried googling it and couldn't find anything.

 

Any specific rules you're looking for?  

 

I would still take your son regardless.  You get a much more intimate view of everything happening.  I went to the Bills/Browns one probably 15 years ago.

You could hear the chatter, the calls at the line, the thuds from the pads are louder....it's a really cool experience.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ittakestime said:

Another useless way to rack up injuries.

 

Football isn't curing cancer or rocket science, you don't need all these practices before the regular season.

You do realize that half this team is new and it takes time to build chemistry, right? Plus, there are new plays that need to be gone over until it's second nature. Of course we're not curing cancer or building rockets; we're going to the Super Bowl and just like those two things you mentioned, you need to put the time in to be good at it. Injuries can happen anywhere, anytime. It happens. You can't avoid playing to avoid injuries; otherwise, don't play the game.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

You do realize that half this team is new and it takes time to build chemistry, right? Plus, there are new plays that need to be gone over until it's second nature. Of course we're not curing cancer or building rockets; we're going to the Super Bowl and just like those two things you mentioned, you need to put the time in to be good at it. Injuries can happen anywhere, anytime. It happens. You can't avoid playing to avoid injuries; otherwise, don't play the game.

 

So I guess if you're not curing cancer or building rockets.....you just do the bare minimum.  

Sean McDermott might say that 15 pieces of flair is the bare aluminum but he really wants you to have at least 37.

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

 

 

Is he "struggling" against the blocking sled?

  • Haha (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, YoloinOhio said:

 

 

I am guessing he sits this week as well and Takes the Field Week  of the preseason.

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

 

Is he "struggling" against the blocking sled?

Well he is "undersized"

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

 

So I guess if you're not curing cancer or building rockets.....you just do the bare minimum.  

That’s always been my experience. I find that is the best way to teach the next generation as well. Don’t they say that laziness is next to godliness?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MiltonWaddams said:

That’s always been my experience. I find that is the best way to teach the next generation as well. Don’t they say that laziness is next to godliness?

 

I just edited my last reply with an Office Space quote!

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

 

I am guessing he sits this week as well and Takes the Field Week  of the preseason.

Well he is "undersized"

I hope Morse never sees a preseason field this year. He doesn't need it. He'll have plenty of time in practice to gel with his line mates.

Edited by MikeSpeed
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

 

 

 

Crappy tape job on Harrison Phillips’s left hand. Makes me wonder about our trainers.

  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

 

I just tried googling it and couldn't find anything.

 

Any specific rules you're looking for?  

 

I would still take your son regardless.  You get a much more intimate view of everything happening.  I went to the Bills/Browns one probably 15 years ago.

You could hear the chatter, the calls at the line, the thuds from the pads are louder....it's a really cool experience.

I was more looking into, are there admission fees or parking fees or anything along those lines? Not that I'd mind paying, just wanted to have my ducks in a row. Spartanburg is apparently only an hour from where I live, so I think it would be really fun to go. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...