Sign in to follow this  
YoloinOhio

Bills TC Day 14 (8/13) - joint practice with Panthers in Spartanburg, SC

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

The guy who goes to the SB and beats the Bills every year does joint practices every year and appears to find great value in them so yeah, I’ll go with what belichick does as a sign that it helps. 

Wow. That autocorrect was cruel. 

Its the maddenization of football.  Fans forget that the players are people too. People require training, practice, etc. Its not like once an achievement is unlocked the players plays at that level in perpetuity. They have to continue to work at it.  Joint training camp is an interesting idea. Injuries are a risk, we shouldn't pretend they aren't, but there is so much more to gain from competition. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ittakestime said:

Another useless way to rack up injuries.

Football isn't curing cancer or rocket science, you don't need all these practices before the regular season.

Really? 

• Thanks! (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I think if there’s offense and defense in the drill it’s both teams. Like 7 on 7 passing it would be one team offense one team defense but with individual drills like rbs running through cones or qbs working on footwork it’s with your team only. 

So Josh Allen wouldn’t practice handoffs to McCaffery

Ugh, stop giving me fantasies.........Now I gotta do the old tuckaroo into the waistband trick😖

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Really? 

I'm trying to figure this particular poster out...I'm not 100% sure that he's serious about what he's saying.  It may, in fact, be a shtick.

Football isn't curing cancer or rocket science, you don't need all these practices before the regular season.

Geezus...WTF is this?

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Geezus...WTF is this?

A desperate cry for attention, nothing more. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I'm trying to figure this particular poster out...I'm not 100% sure that he's serious about what he's saying.  It may, in fact, be a shtick.

Schtick indeed. Schtick in the mud.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

So pretty much at this point, we’re just being cautious with Morse?  

He’s still in the protocol technically - my guess is that they are slowly working him back in but he will practice fully next week when they are back home. We will see. I do think they are exercising as much caution here as possible for a # of reasons. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I came into this thread to get info on what the rules are for fan attendance, as I wanted to possibly take my son.

Instead, it seems like an asinine pissing match over the importance of these practices. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Posted (edited)

Football is highly strategic and requires precise timing and a developed chemistry

Great Way to evaluate bubble players as well as hone the Offense and defense. Players need to be conditioned for the season. Also practicing against yourself becomes uninspiring and practicing against another team allows for perspective. Players learn the nuances o other players after repitition so practicing against yourself becomes self defeating at a certain point I would think.

Yes they're risks, but risks out weigh the rewards IMO . Its football, injuries happen, and that is why the best teams also have good depth.

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

I came into this thread to get info on what the rules are for fan attendance, as I wanted to possibly take my son.

Instead, it seems like an asinine pissing match over the importance of these practices. 

I just tried googling it and couldn't find anything.

Any specific rules you're looking for?  

I would still take your son regardless.  You get a much more intimate view of everything happening.  I went to the Bills/Browns one probably 15 years ago.

You could hear the chatter, the calls at the line, the thuds from the pads are louder....it's a really cool experience.

• Like (+1) 1

You do realize that half this team is new and it takes time to build chemistry, right? Plus, there are new plays that need to be gone over until it's second nature. Of course we're not curing cancer or building rockets; we're going to the Super Bowl and just like those two things you mentioned, you need to put the time in to be good at it. Injuries can happen anywhere, anytime. It happens. You can't avoid playing to avoid injuries; otherwise, don't play the game.

• Like (+1) 1