Bills TC Day 14 (8/13) - joint practice with Panthers in Spartanburg, SC

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, MAGA-Man said:

Allen doesn't seem like the type to hold a grudge, not like Kelly.

He does a really good job of coming off as a choir boy, but I think deep down he has that crazy level of competitiveness in him that’s borderline obsessive. He gives glimpses into it if you really look for it.

1 minute ago, Juice_32 said:

He does a really good job of coming off as a choir boy, but I think deep down he has that crazy level of competitiveness in him that’s borderline obsessive. He gives glimpses into it if you really look for it.

Yeah like that ping pong game they had a video of between him and Eddie Yarbrough. Got him to call the first one a warmup so they went again though I still think he lost.

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah like that ping pong game they had a video of between him and Eddie Yarbrough. Got him to call the first one a warmup so they went again though I still think he lost.

Exactly, or when Tyree said he could throw it farther than him. The Ramsey game, which someone else referenced. He’s polished when the camera is on, but he’s a different animal between the lines.

2 hours ago, MAGA-Man said:

Things will get real for McDermott and Bean (rather quickly)  if the addition of Beasley and Brown do not change Allen's completion percentage, so hope his convo with Kuechly was highly insightful.

I dont see him as inaccurate.  You dont hit the windows and throws Allen routinely makes if you are an inaccurate/flawed passer.  Leading the league in air yards per attempt by a wide margin is more to do with his completion % than the inability to hit a check down or an out route.  Completion % is less important if he gets 40, 50, 60 yard pass plays.  If he doesnt have those and his completion % is still low you may be onto something.

4 hours ago, eball said:

Quick recap:  they really only watched the offense because of the way the fields are set up.  Josh looked great and they loved his decisiveness with the ball.  Beasley's immediate separation is amazing.  Ray Ray showed good hands.  Andre Roberts "will have a big role" in the offense -- can run all routes.  OL talk -- Bates got some snaps at C, might be able to make himself valuable being able to play any position on the line.  Morse looks very close to a return.

I couldn’t figure out who the other guy taking center snaps was. I was thinking it might be Boetger. Couldn’t see names or numbers from the side. 

I don’t believe Bates looked good.

2 hours ago, KCNC said:

Wow, thanks for all the info.  I will be there tomorrow (2hr45 min drive).  Looking forward to it!

You don’t HAVE to go to the EZ.

The hill is farther away but if you have binoculars you can see more. I wasn’t the only Bills fan up there.

Plus, you do get a breeze up there. It was 91 when I got back to my car at 11:15 so bring water and an umbrella if you have one.

27 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Outside of Beasley we have a lot of WRs who drop balls way too much and they don't have any real stand out at the position.

Its one of the reasons I don't expect our offense to be top 10 or even 15. I just hope they can crack top 20 and the defense picks up where it left off while improving even more, specifically in the red zone.

Well I hate like BLLEP to agree with the inimitable Mr. The Law but..... Yeah, our receivers And TEs need to do a better job of holding the ball when it hits them in the hands or chest. Beasley is a pleasure to watch but he was the only consistent one I saw today.

41 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I couldn’t figure out who the other guy taking center snaps was. I was thinking it might be Boetger. Couldn’t see names or numbers from the side. 

I don’t believe Bates looked good.

I believe Boettger took center snaps against Indy so it was likely him. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Wow Sean, could you find a goofier hat than that?

LA, I'm no dermatologist but I'm thinking McD is worried that since his jibe requires constant exposure to the sun, he will get a visit from Buck Melanoma if he's not careful.   For a light skinned Irishman you gotta get full coverage! 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, MAGA-Man said:

It's not just the %, it's also the number of pass attempts. they need to at least double.  This is a passing league and the Bills don't seem to want to play that way.

Allen doesn't have to throw it all day. Just the threat of him airing it out means defenses have to cover more of the field. Spread out D, more run lanes. Play the run, Allen airs it out. Hopefully it's a nightmare for DC's.

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Bills vs. Panthers Pregame Party

Friday, Aug. 16, 4:00 p.m.

Tavern on the Tracks

1411 South Tryon St, Charlotte, North Carolina 28203

Tavern on the Tracks has decent wings but a nice beef on weck and Labatts for those people.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Its the maddenization of football.  Fans forget that the players are people too. People require training, practice, etc. Its not like once an achievement is unlocked the players plays at that level in perpetuity. They have to continue to work at it.  Joint training camp is an interesting idea. Injuries are a risk, we shouldn't pretend they aren't, but there is so much more to gain from competition. 

But Josh Allen, Ed Oliver and Tre White are all X factors in my franchise so I never train them anymore and I have won 2 superbowls in 5 years.