Bills TC Day 14 (8/13) - joint practice with Panthers in Spartanburg, SC

YoloinOhio

56 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Looking forward to seeing our D vs Christian McCaffrey and Curtis Samuel. Samuel is emerging as their #1 WR over DJ Moore. He’s a RB/WR hybrid but they are using him mainly at WR

I'm hoping one day McBean can find a way to trade for McCaffrey. You know since RBs are a "dime a dozen" lol

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

There isn’t an added scrimmage. They are practicing down there for 2 days and then one of their 4 preseason games is vs the Panthers on Friday. It’s the exact same amount of practice and game time as if they stayed home, but they get To practice vs guys who aren’t on their own team.

Instead of this, they could be doing just shell practices back in OBD where they put millions into the treatment facilities.

We will see what people say when multiple guys end up injured.

1 hour ago, Ittakestime said:

Another useless way to rack up injuries.

Football isn't curing cancer or rocket science, you don't need all these practices before the regular season.

You're not going to believe this, but Belichick plays his starters more in preseason than any other coach.  They also win more than any other team.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

The guy who goes to the SB and beats the Bills every year does joint practices every year and appears to find great value in them so yeah, I’ll go with what belichick does as a sign that it helps. 

Wow. That autocorrect was cruel. 

Its the maddenization of football.  Fans forget that the players are people too. People require training, practice, etc. Its not like once an achievement is unlocked the players plays at that level in perpetuity. They have to continue to work at it.  Joint training camp is an interesting idea. Injuries are a risk, we shouldn't pretend they aren't, but there is so much more to gain from competition. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I think if there’s offense and defense in the drill it’s both teams. Like 7 on 7 passing it would be one team offense one team defense but with individual drills like rbs running through cones or qbs working on footwork it’s with your team only. 

So Josh Allen wouldn’t practice handoffs to McCaffery

Ugh, stop giving me fantasies.........Now I gotta do the old tuckaroo into the waistband trick?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I'm trying to figure this particular poster out...I'm not 100% sure that he's serious about what he's saying.  It may, in fact, be a shtick.

Schtick indeed. Schtick in the mud.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

So pretty much at this point, we’re just being cautious with Morse?  

He’s still in the protocol technically - my guess is that they are slowly working him back in but he will practice fully next week when they are back home. We will see. I do think they are exercising as much caution here as possible for a # of reasons. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1