Bills TC Day 14 (8/13) - joint practice with Panthers in Spartanburg, SC

YoloinOhio

Going to repost this here: 

Anyone have any insight on how these things work? 

For example, are individuals held together? Are Bills RBs and Panthers RBs going through the same drills together? 

Or how about the QBs? Is Cam Newton running through Ken Dorsey drills with Allen and co or vice versa? 

I would think these these periods are held separately and then they come together at certain times for competitions 

I get the obvious 1v1, OLvDL, 7v7 and 11 on 11 but how about the more individualized periods handled? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Going to repost this here: 

Anyone have any insight on how these things work? 

For example, are individuals held together? Are Bills RBs and Panthers RBs going through the same drills together? 

Or how about the QBs? Is Cam Newton running through Ken Dorsey drills with Allen and co or vice versa? 

I would think these these periods are held separately and then they come together at certain times for competitions 

I get the obvious 1v1, OLvDL, 7v7 and 11 on 11 but how about the more individualized periods handled? 

Google is your friend 

https://www.google.com/search?q=Bills+Panthers+joint+practices&rlz=1C1GCEA_enUS772US772&oq=Bills+Panthers+joint+practices+&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l2j69i60l2j69i64.8055j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&safe=active&ssui=on

there's a head start on some research 

2 days ago - Panthers coach Ron Rivera on discussions with Bills' Sean McDermott  that led to joint practices this week. By Rick ...
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

This does nothing to answer my question. Aside from the heat, no fighting, the bills connection, I can’t find it. There’s a reason I asked here, hoping knowledgeable posters could help. I don’t need a link to google. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Another useless way to rack up injuries.

Football isn't curing cancer or rocket science, you don't need all these practices before the regular season.

You have obviously never played professional sports (and yes I have) you ABSOLUTELY need practices like this. In fact, I dare say IF coached well it can help prevent injuries on game day.

Edited by aceman_16
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

This does nothing to answer my question. Aside from the heat, no fighting, the bills connection, I can’t find it. There’s a reason I asked here, hoping knowledgeable posters could help. I don’t need a link to google. 

I don’t know either - anyone attend the joint practices the Bills held in recent years vs Browns and Steelers?

guess we will find out soon

3 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

You have obviously never played professional sports (and yes I have) you ABSOLUTELY need practices like this. In fact, I dare say IF coached well it can help prevent injuries on game day.

Correct. There is a reason that tons of teams do it every year.

12 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I think if there’s offense and defense in the drill it’s both teams. Like 7 on 7 passing it would be one team offense one team defense but with individual drills like rbs running through cones or qbs working on footwork it’s with your team only. 

So Josh Allen wouldn’t practice handoffs to McCaffery

• Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Another useless way to rack up injuries.

Football isn't curing cancer or rocket science, you don't need all these practices before the regular season.

Every once in a while someone says something on this board that literally makes my jaw drop. 

This was one of those moments for me. 

Edited by JoshAllenHasBigHands
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

44 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

Get out of here with that crap.

UB started training camp on the 31st of July and has their first game August 29th.  I'm sure most programs are the same.

Over 6 weeks of practice, 4 preseason games is overkill.  To add a scrimmage on top of that is just dumb.

As soon as week 1 hits, everything changes anyways.

This isn't life or death.

Edited by Ittakestime
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Ittakestime said:

UB started training camp on the 31st of July and has their first game August 29th.  I'm sure most programs are the same.

Over 6 weeks of practice, 4 preseason games is overkill.  To a scrimmage on top of that is just dumb.

I know when I think of the type of excellence we are trying to achieve, the first thought that comes to my mind is UB. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Over 6 weeks of practice, 4 preseason games is overkill.  To a scrimmage on top of that is just dumb.

There isn’t an added scrimmage. They are practicing down there for 2 days and then one of their 4 preseason games is vs the Panthers on Friday. It’s the exact same amount of practice and game time as if they stayed home, but they get To practice vs guys who aren’t on their own team.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

There isn’t an added scrimmage. They are practicing down there for 2 days and then one of their 4 preseason games is vs the Panthers on Friday. It’s the exact same amount of practice and game time as if they stayed home, but they get E.J. practice vs guys who aren’t on their own team.

<shutters> 

• Haha (+1) 3

Just now, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I know when I think of the type of excellence we are trying to achieve, the first thought that comes to my mind is UB. 

The guy who goes to the SB and beats the Bills every year does joint practices every year and appears to find great value in them so yeah, I’ll go with what belichick does as a sign that it helps. 

1 minute ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

<shutters> 

Wow. That autocorrect was cruel. 

• Like (+1) 2