Clowney Trending for some reason.

MAJBobby

Just now, Bevis said:

Ouch two 2nd's is waaaay too much.

That's my max, would obviously prefer to give less but we're talking about trading for a Franchised player and I dont want to give up any 1sts.

Looking where this team is, and assuming Josh keeps progressing, we can start making those types of moves to get the stars that will help push this team over the hump.

8 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

That's my max, would obviously prefer to give less but we're talking about trading for a Franchised player and I dont want to give up any 1sts.

Looking where this team is, and assuming Josh keeps progressing, we can start making those types of moves to get the stars that will help push this team over the hump.

I just don't think Clowney has been what he was touted to be when drafted.

2 minutes ago, Bevis said:

He wasn't after his first 2 seasons, but since 2016, he's been absolutely dominant.

From 2016-2018, only 2 defenders have more than 50 TFLs cumulative: Clowney (54) and Aaron Donald (59).

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

He wasn't after his first 2 seasons, but since 2016, he's been absolutely dominant.

From 2016-2018, only 2 defenders have more than 50 TFLs cumulative: Clowney (54) and Aaron Donald (59).

He sounds too expensive then :)

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Bevis said:

No...but he is a much better player now. He has transformed himself in to a total play maker and disruptor. He has to be accounted for when he is on the field.

22 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If Clowney wont go to Miami, he isnt coming to Buffalo. Total bummer...

I'd be willing to trade 2 2nds if he would sign an extension.

We are a much better team than Miami and a bit better than Houston in my opinion.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Zierlien is a heavy hitter, this definitely lends some credibility to the conversation...

"Everything in their power to move him" Maybe Gaine will get his wish...but only here in Buffalo.

15 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

We are a much better team than Miami and a bit better than Houston in my opinion.

I agree as well, but we are a little biased. And even if we are better, we arent over the hump to being a proven winner.

For most players out there, picking between Houston, Miami, and Buffalo is like having to pick your hottest cousin.

I'm guessing he knows that the team he goes to and the next long term deal he signs will probably be his last.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

I agree as well, but we are a little biased. And even if we are better, we arent over the hump to being a proven winner.

For most players out there, picking between Houston, Miami, and Buffalo is like having to pick your hottest cousin.

I'm guessing he knows that the team he goes to and the next long term deal he signs will probably be his last.

There are a lot of teams over the history of time that weren’t over the hump to being a proven winner that made bold moves and, indeed, became winners.

There are tons of examples, but remember when the Bills gave up two firsts and a second for Biscuit in 1987?

• Like (+1) 1

I think people are underestimating Clowney's talent...put him on this defense and he could flourish.

People also need to take into account that he's an OLB in Houston, and he would play his natural position of DE in Buffalo.

As long as he doesn't cost our 1st round pick, I'd make that trade in a heartbeat...but I want our 1st round pick for a legit #1 WR.

This team isn't in a bad cap situation at all, they could trade for Clowney, sign him, and still be able to keep all of their own. Give him the money ($16M) from UFAs like McCoy, Gore, Gaines, Waddle and Bodine, and we're fine. Their replacements are in-house already. Clowney will probably get between Flowers ($18M) and Hunter ($14M).

He would help Hughes a lot too, like Mario did...and that Texans DE was certainly worth the money, until Rex ruined him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

There are a lot of teams over the history of time that weren’t over the hump to being a proven winner that made bold moves and, indeed, became winners.

There are tons of examples, but remember when the Bills gave up two firsts and a second for Biscuit in 1987?

A Clowney move would probably have similar impact on the Bills defense.

7 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I'm sure we want him, the question is if he's willing to come to Buffalo. It's not about the team making the move, it's about the player having the power to decide where he goes.

Clowney has that power. Biscuit had no real say in the matter.

Mario did, however. Ironically also coming out of Houston at the time. But not sure he would give Clowney our recommendation considering how that all played out for Mario.