Clowney Trending for some reason.

MAJBobby

8 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

If you only look at the way Mario went out, you're going to have a warped idea of what he actually did with the Bills. It wasn't a home run signing, but it certainly wasn't a bust. He played a crucial role for what I consider to be our best defense in the last 30 years(2014). 

Clowney is a 26 year old with an incredible amount of upside. He's got all the talent in the world and has increased his productivity each and every year. EVERY signing is a risk. Look at Morse. Yes, this would be higher dollars, but you gotta roll the dice sometimes.

I wish!

Williams was superb and his play honored his contract. Rex Ryan? The guy was an aberration and a traveling road show. In 2014, you could feel a sense of momentum that Schwartz was building...then boooom!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rocket94 said:

Williams was superb and his play honored his contract. Rex Ryan? The guy was an aberration and a traveling road show. In 2014, you could feel a sense of momentum that Schwartz was building...then boooom!

I was furious. The argument against hiring Schwartz was that he had failed in his stint in Detroit. Meh. It's the Lions organization. Who HAS succeeded there? And then there was the fact that the guy we hired had some early success and completely fell on his face in his last couple years in NY. Did not compute.

I'm surprised Schwartz hasn't gotten so much as an interview. I think he's viewed around the league as a DC and not HC material. You'd think someone would give him a shot to dispel that with all the retreads who've gotten second chances.

8 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Why hasn’t this thread died yet?

The Bills aren’t going to give the Texans valuable draft capital AND pay Clowney over 20 mill a year. 

Ain’t happening.

Hope. this is what teams do when you have a qb on a rookie deal you load up talent you spend in free agency you stack the roster for a multi year run .and if its a 3rd you dont find many players like clowney in round 3

2 minutes ago, TheJauronClap said:

Hope. this is what teams do when you have a qb on a rookie deal you load up talent you spend in free agency you stack the roster for a multi year run .and if its a 3rd you dont find many players like clowney in round 3

A third rounder would be fine.

Ain’t giving anything more when you have to pay the man......... RICHLY.

Edited by njbuff

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

A third rounder would be fine.

Ain’t giving anything more when you have to pay the man......... RICHLY.

Does that logic apply to Khalil Mack? I'm fine having the conversation about what Clown boy is worth, but the argument of it being a bad trade if you have to give up compensation and pay the guy just doesn't work in the modern NFL. Teams are realizing that they have to leverage value on young stars that they aren't going to pay. 

13 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

I was furious. The argument against hiring Schwartz was that he had failed in his stint in Detroit. Meh. It's the Lions organization. Who HAS succeeded there? And then there was the fact that the guy we hired had some early success and completely fell on his face in his last couple years in NY. Did not compute.

I'm surprised Schwartz hasn't gotten so much as an interview. I think he's viewed around the league as a DC and not HC material. You'd think someone would give him a shot to dispel that with all the retreads who've gotten second chances.

Your right. Schwartz was already labled as a defensive guru through out the NFL, even so, promoting Schwartz seemed like the logical next step, but I think for the Bills it was also timing. The Pegulas bought in to the Ryan myth and it just took off. Do you remember the Bills players carrying Schwartz off the field after the Detroit game? How often do we see that! Some redemption anyway.

Edited by Rocket94
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Lombardi is reporting he will be traded within the next 24 to 48 hrs.  Houston wanted oline help, but since that is unlikely, they are looking for a WR they can pair with Hopkins as Fuller is coming off an ACL injury.   There are two teams currently negotiating with Clowney to see if they can agree to an extension. 

1 hour ago, jkeerie said:

Lombardi is reporting he will be traded within the next 24 to 48 hrs.  Houston wanted oline help, but since that is unlikely, they are looking for a WR they can pair with Hopkins as Fuller is coming off an ACL injury.   There are two teams currently negotiating with Clowney to see if they can agree to an extension. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

This has the makings of Mario Williams 2.0.  Instead of a $100M invisible man, it will be the $135M invisible man.

I want the DE position to be upgraded, but I don't think Clowney is the answer.

? if I ever commit a crime I hope you're the witness.  You saw over 30 sacks Mario's first three years in Buffalo and call him invisible...??

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If a good starting receiver is required to make the trade, count us out. I wonder if the Chiefs rumors were correct...

Maybe Sammy would finally come close to realizing his potential if he learned how to be a pro from DeAndre Hopkins... the Clemson connection couldn't hurt.

• Like (+1) 1