Clowney Trending for some reason.

MAJBobby

11 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

The Bills can’t negotiate a long term deal.  As a franchise tagged player after July 15th he has to play on he franchise tag.  No teams can negotiate until after the last game of the season.

He also has not signed his tender - so currently he can not be traded and rumor has it he has already blocked a trade to Miami.

We will see where this goes.

I have no idea why this dude is taking such a hard stance on this and he hasnt even looked into what hes talking about. If you come that hard, youd think youd at least get a clue before doing so. Weird. Thank you for pointing this out bc i dont think anyone else has the energy anymore. Not sure how he missed it one of the other 99,999 times its been pointed out..

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I’m stunned that no reporter asked anyone WHY they had Ty not take any snaps today.  Could have ended a lot of speculation.  Unreal no one asked.

Not sure what the protocol is between reporters and teams and practices but they may have inquired and have yet to get a reply.

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

When it comes to player evaluation I really trust Gunner

Gunner...you think we would be ok if its Ty N.?   That would be Ford at RT and maybe a OG that wasnt going to make the team possibly makes it?

he's the one who suggested it :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I’m stunned that no reporter asked anyone WHY they had Ty not take any snaps today.  Could have ended a lot of speculation.  Unreal no one asked.

To be fair, pretty sure the Nsekhe rumors were all internally generated (without naming names ?). Don't think anyone has speculated/rumored anything linking his name outside of TBD to a potential trade, but I just want to know why he was sitting in pads all day...forget the Clowney rumors.

Edited by ctk232

29 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

The Bills can’t negotiate a long term deal.  As a franchise tagged player after July 15th he has to play on he franchise tag.  No teams can negotiate until after the last game of the season.

He also has not signed his tender - so currently he can not be traded and rumor has it he has already blocked a trade to Miami.

We will see where this goes.

...hopefully not OBD.....what if he wants HIS helmet and shows up with frostbit feet?......

21 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

When it comes to player evaluation I really trust Gunner

Gunner...you think we would be ok if its Ty N.?   That would be Ford at RT and maybe a OG that wasnt going to make the team possibly makes it?

I am not as big a Ty guy as others. So for me, yep. I'll suffer a slight downgrade at right tackle for a big upgrade at D End. 

We would need to try and find a rotational tackle though. With Waddle done for the year. 

1 hour ago, DJB said:

Just playing devils advocate. Lol

I like Clowney but i don't love him. I've seen plenty of Houston games. He benefits far more from Watt than vice versa. 

Depending on the cost though im all for it

His most productive season was the one where Watt missed the whole season! He had 21 tackles for loss and led the league in tackles for loss/no gain to go with 9.5 sacks (2017).

I just don't get some of the rhetoric here. People look at sack lines and nothing else. 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Chemical said:

Before that you started talking about “Lorax” (your nickname use I don’t call him that) when I was only saying Nsekhe is good value for clowney by pointing out his age and relative obscurity. 

You don't realize it is changing the subject but it is because your example of “Lorax” doesn’t change the main point that clowney will be here if and when they win a Super Bowl while Nsekhe and “Lorax” will be retired. 

It would probably be Ty AND a draft pick not just Ty

Im on the fence on this one......

25 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

It would probably be Ty AND a draft pick not just Ty

Im on the fence on this one......

Really?!? A 34 year old swing tackle and a draft pick for Clowney? This is a no brainer IMO. Clowney is in the backfield on every play and fits PERFECTLY into our defense. That defense will go from very good to the best in football (and potentially historically good). If the offense is decent (not even good) that team wins 10 games. They are a better version of last year’s Bears with a higher ceiling. They could legitimately contend for a Super Bowl. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I could be wrong but I think the only coach available to the media after practice was Frazier, and he wouldn’t be the one to ask 

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Really?!? A 34 year old swing tackle and a draft pick for Clowney? This is a no brained IMO. Clowney is in the backfield on every play and fits PERFECTLY into our defense. That defense will go from very good to the best in football (and potentially historically good). If the offense is decent (not even good) that team wins 10 games. They are a better version of last year’s Bears with a higher ceiling. They could legitimately contend for a Super Bowl. 

But we wont have him under contract.....that is the scary part about it

Just now, John from Riverside said:

But we wont have him under contract.....that is the scary part about it

He likely would agree to sign the tag so 1 year there then could tag a 2nd or the agent kind of confirms a future deal (dollar amount and years) 

im okay with a 2 year rental if he doesn’t want to sign long term but worst case scenario we tag and trade next year 

1 minute ago, mikemac2001 said:

He likely would agree to sign the tag so 1 year there then could tag a 2nd or the agent kind of confirms a future deal (dollar amount and years) 

im okay with a 2 year rental if he doesn’t want to sign long term but worst case scenario we tag and trade next year 

It probably puts us in the conversation for a top 5 defense

I honestly wanted Ford at RT not at RG anyway.....we brought in 2 vets plus Teller that can play the RG position.

Swing OT is a problem

• Like (+1) 1

I don't care what local reporters say. No one on the Bills beat knew that we had even inquired about AB.

I will say that no one should be surprised if Beane makes this happen. We were in on Mack last year and obviously on AB this year. He isn't afraid to make a big move for a premium player if the price is right. I would actually be more surprised if he HADN'T asked the Texans about Clowney. How far those discussions actually got, no clue, but there's a lot of smoke here.

• Thank you (+1) 1