Clowney Trending for some reason.

MAJBobby

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

No. But carry on. 

Just playing devils advocate. Lol

I like Clowney but i don't love him. I've seen plenty of Houston games. He benefits far more from Watt than vice versa. 

Depending on the cost though im all for it

32 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Seriously?  I replied to the exact comment in the post....your post.  You are really interpreting this as changing the subject?

I never alluded to anything that the point was not to win a Super Bowl.  I simply commented if we do win one, they will be a reason because this is a team game.

Where are you getting lost?

image.thumb.png.17c5d7c4a62cf5d7a0b5baa9dad95a24.png

Before that you started talking about “Lorax” (your nickname use I don’t call him that) when I was only saying Nsekhe is good value for clowney by pointing out his age and relative obscurity. 

You don't realize it is changing the subject but it is because your example of “Lorax” doesn’t change the main point that clowney will be here if and when they win a Super Bowl while Nsekhe and “Lorax” will be retired. 

Edited by Chemical

Clowney is still only 26, and even though he is not terribly older than than Oliver and Edmunds, he brings a wealth of experience and elite talent to share. The Bills probably envision 4-5 more productive years from Clowney and he is at or near his prime. I say go for it because the Bills have the cap space and guys like Clowney do not come around too often. 

Edited by Rocket94

2 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Clowney is still only 26, and even though he is not terribly older than than Oliver and Edmunds, he brings a wealth of experience and talent to share. The Bills probably envision 4-5 more productive years from Clowney. He is at or nearing his prime, picture him as an accelerated draft pick...

Hard Pass on Clowney...

1) We don't know the exact cost
2) Clowney is great, but he's NEVER had double digit sacks in his career
3) We need to also hand him the largest chunk of our Salary Cap AFTER paying big bucks to get him.

If we weren't kicking the tires on Mack, who WAS A generational talent, we absolutely should stay away from Clowney who has shown to be VERY good, but had 2 years of no production of note, and then a few years of good production... Who knows which version of Clowney you'll get once he gets paid.

Also, just a little tidbit for people who want to give up our starting OT and picks and whatever else and then some and then give $20M Plus to Clowney....

4 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Before that you started talking about “Lorax” (your nickname use I don’t call him that) when I was only saying Nsekhe is good value for clowney by pointing out his age and relative obscurity. 

You don't realize it is changing the subject but it is because your example of “Lorax” doesn’t change the main point that clowney will be here if and when they win a Super Bowl while Nsekhe and “Lorax” will he retired. 

Its called a comparison.  It doesn’t mean I changed the subject.   Your ability to decipher  is amazingly low.  

Talk about moving goal posts...

And thanks for letting me know you don’t call him Lorax.

36 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Yes....but they actually covered themselves with the Ford pick because he can play RT and we brought in several guards.....

Not against that either

The swing tackles right now are McDermott and a UDRFA that we had to trade for. We're not trading away our starting RT for an edge rusher when the whole season depends on Josh's progression.

4 minutes ago, MR8 said:

Hard Pass on Clowney...

3) We need to also hand him the largest chunk of our Salary Cap AFTER paying big bucks to get him.

If we weren't kicking the tires on Mack, who WAS A generational talent, we absolutely should stay away from Clowney who has shown to be VERY good, but had 2 years of no production of note, and then a few years of good production... Who knows which version of Clowney you'll get once he gets paid.

Also, just a little tidbit for people who want to give up our starting OT and picks and whatever else and then some and then give $20M Plus to Clowney....

Clowney is elite. The numbers very clearly show it. The only reason he doesn't have more sacks is he isn't asked to rush the passer as often. When he does his ratio of getting pressure, hits and sacks is elite. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Clowney is elite. The numbers very clearly show it. The only reason he doesn't have more sacks is he isn't asked to rush the passer as often. When he does his ratio of getting pressure, hits and sacks is elite. 

If he he's "Elite" and the Numbers clearly show it, how is it he hasn't cracked double digit sacks EVER?  Numbers include sacks, thats why you pay a pass rusher DE... He's over hyped, plain and simple.  

He's a VERY good player, but he's no where near worth the money and assets that are going to be needed to get him.

tenor.gif?itemid=5234752

54 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

Likely have a deal on terms with the agent and clowney is willing to sign in the off-season - they can also tag him so the bills have some protection 

Bulldog (I can’t believe I’m saying this) had a decent point - he said the deal can be structured so that the Bills don’t give up much if he doesn’t sign, but if he does it’s a 1st rounder or something. Not sure Texans bite on that but it protects the Bills and they currently have no GM so are kind of ripe to be “Beaned”

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, MR8 said:

If he he's "Elite" and the Numbers clearly show it, how is it he hasn't cracked double digit sacks EVER?  Numbers include sacks, thats why you pay a pass rusher DE... He's over hyped, plain and simple.  

He's a VERY good player, but he's no where near worth the money and assets that are going to be needed to get him.

tenor.gif?itemid=5234752

Because he is so versatile, does so many things well and is on a team that has other pass rush threats so they do not only ask Clowney to rush. He rushes the passer less often than any other big name edge guy in football. 

You simply HAVE to dive below the bare sack numbers. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MR8 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5234752

Coaches will look at players in terms of how a player will perform in their system and not be overly influenced by previous production.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MR8 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5234752

To play devils advocate but if this is the criteria...then wouldn’t Ed Oliver then not be an elite prospect?

49 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

you think the Bills aren't negotiating a longer term deal before they make this trade. Guarantee the Bills are IF they do this

The Bills can’t negotiate a long term deal.  As a franchise tagged player after July 15th he has to play on he franchise tag.  No teams can negotiate until after the last game of the season.

He also has not signed his tender - so currently he can not be traded and rumor has it he has already blocked a trade to Miami.

We will see where this goes.

8 hours ago, MR8 said:

Hard Pass on Clowney...

Of course I am basing this on the best case scenario possible. Injuries aside, and yes they hard to ignore, I am trying to focus on the positives and what a healthy Clowney represents to the Bills. If the Bills are interested in Clowney they have surely measured the risks. He is an elite player in a position of need, and players like him are hard to find. 

Edited by Rocket94