Clowney Trending for some reason.

MAJBobby

Just now, Chemical said:

Also, I could be wrong but isn’t he being slightly misused as a LB in Houston? They have a few good pass rushers which some would say take focus off him. But what about the times Watt or Mercilus get to the QB just before him?

I believe Houston plays a 3-4, which would make Clowney an OLB.  Watt has been injured the last few years and Mercilus has been a force.  I'm not convinced Clowney is a game changer with little help.

3 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Yeah, one tweet caused all this insanity.

I’ll wait.

Absolutely. 

It's always hard to tell if there is a plethora of random tweets because there is actually something to it, or if they are just piggybacking off of the first idiot randomly throwing poop at the wall. 

3 minutes ago, Chemical said:

No you keep changing the subject 

Seriously?  I replied to the exact comment in the post....your post.  You are really interpreting this as changing the subject?

I never alluded to anything that the point was not to win a Super Bowl.  I simply commented if we do win one, they will be a reason because this is a team game.

Where are you getting lost?

image.thumb.png.17c5d7c4a62cf5d7a0b5baa9dad95a24.png

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Probably not, but I would franchise tag him. We have cap space next two years before an Allen extension, in theory. 

One thing i know for sure is he will have more impact than Nsekhe and whatever version of Murphy or Lotuloei  we would use the cap space on. 

I hope you're not expecting to give Clowney a short term contract.  I doubt he accepts that.

1 minute ago, Chemical said:

My point was Clowney is a more natural fit as a DE in a 4-3

I see.  Could be.  For some reason, this seems like slightly better Mario Williams scenario.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chemical said:

My point was Clowney is a more natural fit as a DE in a 4-3

No doubt.  Actually, he's an ideal fit for the LDE role in McDermott's scheme, and he's got the versatility to play on the EDGE, at the 7-tech spot, off the ball, etc.

This staff LOVES versatility.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

No doubt.  Actually, he's an ideal fit for the LDE role in McDermott's scheme, and he's got the versatility to play on the EDGE, at the 7-tech spot, off the ball, etc.

This staff LOVES versatility.

So what if the offer is Ty N. and a middle round pick.....

Ford goes to RT....we have several guards

1 minute ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Lots of smoke right now but I just don't get why the Bills would do this for a possible rental. Keep the oline in tact now that you finally have one. Josh Allen gets this team to the playoffs, NOT Clowney.

Yes....but they actually covered themselves with the Ford pick because he can play RT and we brought in several guards.....

Just now, DJB said:

Didn't Ty N own Clowney last year? 

Maybe we should just keep Ty lol

Not against that either

14 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

Why would the Bills trade for a rental?

you think the Bills aren't negotiating a longer term deal before they make this trade. Guarantee the Bills are IF they do this

Edited by ddaryl

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Lots of smoke right now but I just don't get why the Bills would do this for a possible rental. Keep the oline in tact now that you finally have one. Josh Allen gets this team to the playoffs, NOT Clowney.

Maybe they expect Ford to start at RT opening day.  Also, as others have suggested they anticipate an O lineman from another team getting cut that they are high on.

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

they would negotiate a long term deal before pulling the trigger

Edited by ddaryl

8 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

you think the Bills aren't negotiating a longer term deal before they make this trade. Guarantee the Bills are IF they do this

The Bills would be seeing this as an investment for the long haul. The Bills are thinking long term for Clowney. Forget rental.

Edited by Rocket94
  • Like (+1) 1