Clowney Trending for some reason.

MAJBobby

2 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Not surprising.  I doubt Beane will want to over pay for someone who will never live up to the size of contract he will want.  DE/edge is a need, but Clowney is probably not the answer.

This is how I see it too.  Beane knows he would have to pay a 100 million plus contract to lock Clowney up and I don't think he feels that is smart.

I can see a 2nd rounder going to a DE next year depending on Trent's play this year.

2 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Yes

most fans probably still don’t even know for sure who will be the starting RT this year.

go ahead and do a little research study and let me know how it goes. 

Im just trying to point out that if the Bills ever win the super bowl it definitely will not be because of Ty Nsekhe or Lorax

I don't understand that point at all.  They are contributors to the team.  If we win a Super Bowl, they will be a part of it because it's a team game.

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Conflicting report 

Really the Allen draft pick was called in February before the pick. 

I love it that all these people no one has ever heard of have the inside scoop, while the most well connected NFL insiders haven't heard a peep. ?

Just now, Logic said:

I love it that all these people no one has ever heard of have the inside scoop, while the most well connected NFL insiders haven't heard a peep. ?

What are you saying Grant Gilchrest who works for GGSN, which totally isn't Grant Gilchrest Sports News, isn't reliable.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Here is the tweet that started Today’s Bills Clowney Rumors. 

the Stevie Johnson and Donald Jones podcast. 

Apparently they knew of the Thanksgiving day game before anyone else. The problem is that IB is saying this as well

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Lol that dude has 133 followers and an unverified account... it's garbage.  Throw something at the wall and see what sticks. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I guess I need to understand why some folks are proclaiming this as fact?

I'll post the stat again: since 2016, there are only 3 players in the NFL that have more than 50 TFLs...one is Aaron Donald--the best defensive player in football...

...the others are Cameron Jordan and Jadeveon Clowney.

So you think Clowney will live up to $20M+ a year, with the better part of $100M+ guaranteed?  

Edited by Happy Gilmore

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Conflicting report 

Really the Allen draft pick was called in February before the pick. 

Draft picks withstanding.  The Watkins/Darby, Benjamin and Darues all happened than reported.  The slow leak and tea leaf reading never ends in a deal being made.  It's a wave of retweets of nonsense to increase random Twitter warriors profiles.

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

So you think Clowney will live up to $20M+ a year, with the better part of $100M+ guaranteed?  

I see no reason to believe he wouldn't...or, perhaps more accurately, there's no more reason to believe that he wouldn't than there is to believe that he would. He's been a total wrecking ball the last 3 seasons.

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

So you think Clowney will live up to $20M+ a year, with the better part of $100M guaranteed?  

Probably not, but I would franchise tag him. We have cap space next two years before an Allen extension, in theory. 

One thing i know for sure is he will have more impact than Nsekhe and whatever version of Murphy or Lotuloei  we would use the cap space on. 

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

I understand people saying that it's likely nothing and a bunch of nobodies reporting it means nothing, but don't forget the massive breakdown of "official" channel insiders that was the AB thing... You never know till you know. 

Yeah, one tweet caused all this insanity.

I’ll wait.

4 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

So you think Clowney will live up to $20M+ a year, with the better part of $100M guaranteed?  

Also, I could be wrong but isn’t he being slightly misused as a LB in Houston? They have a few good pass rushers which some would say take focus off him. But what about the times Watt or Mercilus get to the QB just before him?

19 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I guess I need to understand why some folks are proclaiming this as fact?

I'll post the stat again: since 2016, there are only 3 players in the NFL that have more than 50 TFLs...one is Aaron Donald--the best defensive player in football...

...the others are Cameron Jordan and Jadeveon Clowney.

Jadeveon Clowney accounted for at least half of Watts sacks.  QBs were literally running into Watt trying to get away from Clowney.