Clowney Trending for some reason.

MAJBobby

Just now, Chemical said:

He’s 33 years old. Did you like the Cody Ford pick?

Yes, I liked the Ford pick.

I said in the lead up to the draft that I thought Ford was a player that you draft hoping that he can play tackle, but knowing that he can play guard.

But that has absolutely nothing to do with Nsekhe.

You sign OL players in FA because you have a need, and you have no idea if the OL guys that you like in the draft are going to be there when you pick.

After that, you play the best player.  I don't care if guy is 45; if he's a better OT than the guy competing with him, then he should play.

Now, I've said multiple times that I would trade Nsekhe (or Dawkins) for Clowney, but the idea that nobody had a clue who this guy was 3 months ago is silly.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Yes, I liked the Ford pick.

I said in the lead up to the draft that I thought Ford was a player that you draft hoping that he can play tackle, but knowing that he can play guard.

But that has absolutely nothing to do with Nsekhe.

You sign OL players in FA because you have a need, and you have no idea if the OL guys that you like in the draft are going to be there when you pick.

After that, you play the best player.  I don't care if guy is 45; if he's a better OT than the guy competing with him, then he should play.

Now, I've said multiple times that I would trade Nsekhe (or Dawkins) for Clowney, but the idea that nobody had a clue who this guy was 3 months ago is silly.

Most fans had no idea who he was. Even those saying they wouldn’t trade him right now. 

I’d honestly rather give up Dawkins at this point because we are going to end up paying LT money to an OG at this rate. 

Edited by Chemical
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Chemical said:

What? 

The reason yiu you don’t want clowney is weak 

You know what, Chem.  That has some merit.  I am really not going to disagree.  It is just the way I feel, with not only the way things really do seem to be coming together right now on O, especially for Josh and the protection, but also the upsetting the apple cart by making this swing for the fences when I feel this team has been built so well and will continue to grow.

I wasn't for AB, either.

I get the difference of opinions, but it is still my opinion and I like sticking by it. 

If we get him, well, I know we will have a great new player.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Most fans had no idea who he was. Even those saying they wouldn’t trade him right now. 

I’d honestly rather give up Dawkins at this point because we are going to end up paying LT money to an OG at this rate. 

Does that really matter?  

I had no idea who 33 year old Lorenzo Alexander was when we signed him.  That turned out pretty well...don't you think?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Does that really matter?  

I had no idea who 33 year old Lorenzo Alexander was when we signed him.  That turned out pretty well...don't you think?

Image result for alanis morissette ironic

1 minute ago, Chemical said:

He has never been a starter. Never seen him play a down. 

So, no offense intended here: it sounds like when you said "most fans" didn't know who he was, you meant yourself? Because if I didn't know who the guy was, then yeah, I'd think it's sheer lunacy to wonder why someone wouldn't want him traded.

3 minutes ago, Chemical said:

He has never been a starter. Never seen him play a down. 

Interesting.

Before Lorax signed with the Bills, he had a total of 16 starts and played a different position.

Ty Nsheke had 16 starts with the Redskins.

It seems to be that you believe if you never heard of him, that applies to the majority.  Is that how you're viewing it?

Edited by Royale with Cheese

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

So, no offense intended here: it sounds like when you said "most fans" didn't know who he was, you meant yourself? Because if I didn't know who the guy was, then yeah, I'd think it's sheer lunacy to wonder why someone wouldn't want him traded.

I head all about him after we signed him. I think he’s a good player. Most fans STILL don’t know who he is. 

19 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Not surprising.  I doubt Beane will want to over pay for someone who will never live up to the size of contract he will want.  DE/edge is a need, but Clowney is probably not the answer.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Interesting.

Before Lorax signed with the Bills, he had a total of 16 starts and played a different position.

Ty Nsheke had 16 starts with the Redskins.

It seems to be that you believe if you never heard of him, that applies to the majority.  Is that how you're viewing it?

Yes

most fans probably still don’t even know for sure who will be the starting RT this year.

go ahead and do a little research study and let me know how it goes. 

Im just trying to point out that if the Bills ever win the super bowl it definitely will not be because of Ty Nsekhe or Lorax

2 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Not surprising.  I doubt Beane will want to over pay for someone who will never live up to the size of contract he will want.  DE/edge is a need, but Clowney is probably not the answer.

Conflicting report 

2 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Since Beane and McDermott been in town there is very little leaks.  If they make a move they do it.  It comes out of nowhere.

Really the Allen draft pick was called in February before the pick. 

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

I guess I need to understand why some folks are proclaiming this as fact?

I'll post the stat again: since 2016, there are only 3 players in the NFL that have more than 50 TFLs...one is Aaron Donald--the best defensive player in football...

...the others are Cameron Jordan and Jadeveon Clowney.

• Like (+1) 1