MAJBobby

Clowney Trending for some reason.

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Friend is a Huge Texans fan. He said Gaine loves him and was going to do a LTD. O’Brien said no and didn’t want him and that is what led to Gaine being fired. 

Look who's here...interesting. Well maybe the second time around will work. I try not to believe in coincidences! 

If Houston would trade Clowney for a 10 year "disgruntled" LT straight up, then......LOLOL.

• Like (+1) 3

This doesn’t seem like a very “processy” move to me.  Several picks for Clowney?  No thanks.....

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

This doesn’t seem like a very “processy” move to me.  Several picks for Clowney?  No thanks.....

I wouldn’t want the trade either. But did Antonio Brown seem very “Processy” 

• Like (+1) 1

Sounds like they are trying to make it sound like there is a TON of interest to drive the price up. I’ll pass. We look pretty good on D without wasting resources. 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

I wouldn’t want the trade either. But did Antonio Brown seem very “Processy” 

No, he didn’t, but at least AB was one of the best WR’s in the NFL.  Clowney is a good DE, but 

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Clowney is a stud. But I wouldn't trade for a guy I can't sign on a long term deal until after the season. 

What about a 3rd and a 5th?

I'm serious.   

I think he kinda' has to go for another player if traded now for the Texans to not end up with egg on their face.

Agree that teams not trading much in draft pick compensation for a guy who is a UFA after season and holding out.

Gaine would give the Bills a huge edge though if he was trying to get Clowney extended though.

Clowney has a lot of say where he goes.........he can just show up mid-season and still get his year of service if he doesn't like where he is traded. 

• Like (+1) 2

I think Clowney has been a bit miscast by the Texans, but would fit perfectly in our scheme.  Sign me up for a reasonable trade.

Posted (edited)

I am always wrong, so he will not be coming to Buffalo

Lets hope it works....lol

Edited by HOUSE
  • Haha (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

I may be in the minority but I really hope it’s not us...$125 million is an awful lot of money for someone who is often injured with suspect work ethic...I would like to continue building through the draft and extending our own guys who have EARNED it. 👍

Edited by JaCrispy

You can franchise him, so he's yours, like it or not.  Not saying id do it, but you can lock him down.

Posted (edited)

Maybe I’m in the minority but I’m interested. Clowney could push the Bills into an all-time defense IMO. The one thing that the Bills didn’t do was get a ton of pressure. If you add Oliver, Clowney and a healthy Murphy...You can tag him again next year if need be. Let him know you’ll be signing him to a long-term deal. See if you can do it for Shaq/Murphy & a 3rd.

This Bills team doesn’t have a lot of holes. I think that they’ll be looking at a WR, pass rusher and maybe another OL next year. Clowney checks a big box and with the cap space and picks left they can address those needs. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 8

7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I'm serious.   

I think he kinda' has to go for another player if traded now for the Texans to not end up with egg on their face.

Agree that teams not trading much in draft pick compensation for a guy who is a UFA after season and holding out.

Gaine would give the Bills a huge edge though if he was trying to get Clowney extended though.

Clowney has a lot of say where he goes.........he can just show up mid-season and still get his year of service if he doesn't like where he is traded. 

A 4th and Ty Nsheke?

8 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I'm serious.   

That was my initial offer as well (edited it to include one of those DEs and a 3rd).

1 minute ago, DCofNC said:

You can franchise him, so he's yours, like it or not.  Not saying id do it, but you can lock him down.

so a 2 year rental, not bad.  But the way McBean drafts I would rather keep the picks.  The day will come when they will need to pay Allen and it would be nice to have a bunch of guys on rookie deals...

I agree with those who want to take a pass on Clowney.  I see him as a Dareus-like player (albeit with a much better physique).  He is highly talented and would be paid top dollar as such, but is not highly motivated.  Whatever team signs him to a large, long-term deal will regret it later.  Clowney is the exact type of player (like Dareus) that causes teams to get into salary cap jail. 

I hate the Patriots as much as the next guy, but they manage their cap extremely well.  They get rid of guys like this and let some other team take on the headaches and salary cap issues.  When they do get "problem child" types of players, which they sometimes do (see Josh Gordon, Randy Moss, etc.), it's usually on the cheap, when the guys are running out of chances and trying to re-establish themselves.  If it works out, they get a bargain and if it doesn't, they can get rid of them with little cap impact.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Shaq and the Bills 2020 3rd but only with an agreement in place on an extension.  Gaine probably had the parameters of an extension with his agent already.

Going book ends of hughes and clowney with star and Oliver would be an insane defensive line

Id give up a 2nd or even lawson and a pick

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, msw2112 said:

I agree with those who want to take a pass on Clowney.  I see him as a Dareus-like player (albeit with a much better physique).  He is highly talented and would be paid top dollar as such, but is not highly motivated.  Whatever team signs him to a large, long-term deal will regret it later.  Clowney is the exact type of player (like Dareus) that causes teams to get into salary cap jail. 

I hate the Patriots as much as the next guy, but they manage their cap extremely well.  They get rid of guys like this and let some other team take on the headaches and salary cap issues.  When they do get "problem child" types of players, which they sometimes do (see Josh Gordon, Randy Moss, etc.), it's usually on the cheap, when the guys are running out of chances and trying to re-establish themselves.  If it works out, they get a bargain and if it doesn't, they can get rid of them with little cap impact.

Not only that, the Patriots don't take on guys with less than All-Pro talent if they cause trouble.  Its kinda awesome to watch... except they continue to curb stomp the Bills.

1 minute ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Going book ends of hughes and clowney with star and Oliver would be an insane defensive line

Id give up a 2nd or even lawson and a pick

Im with you, I'd send Lawson and a 4th for him.  Nothing against Shaq, but I doubt hes here next year anyway, or maybe I should say, it doesn't matter if he is.

55 minutes ago, Bills4life1924 said:

Just my opinion, but I'd hate to give multiple picks for clowney.. less leverage during draft next year(we dont have many picks as it is now), and to sign him long term would be overpriced, rather save our picks and sign our own!!

Agreed

• Awesome! (+1) 2