Clowney Trending for some reason.

MAJBobby

4 minutes ago, Mr Wild said:

No just speculation, Ty was dressed but got 0 reps and didnt look happy and Texans are trying to get a tackle

OK, thanks, I've got Bezos, Zuckerberg, and the guy that runs Google waiting on me, because you see I'm so important that I can put the world on hold while this gets resolved

37 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The 3rd most effective pass rusher in the NFL. Send him more he will get more pressures and more sacks. When he rushes he ruins plays. 

I don't think Cody has the potential to be elite. To be very good? Yes. Elite? Not sure I see it. I think Dion Dawkins could be elite but at guard rather than tackle.

Fair. Cody might be able to get there at guard as well, but I see how he’s got a long way to go. 

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

I'm in a similar mood as you. I'm not sure Ty isn't more valuable to us than Clowney would be. I would love to have Clowney, but I don't think we need to be messing with an already messy OL. 

I guess I just look at it as protecting the franchise above all else. We don’t know if Josh is the future of this team but we do know that they sunk assets into him, are building the team around him, and they sure as hell need to find out. Could Ford start at RT? Maybe,  but Nsecke has been the better player there this far and Ford at RG seems ideal. Just don’t like taking that guy off the team. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Guess I’m in the minority but I’m in no mood to hamper the offense which needs more talent by improving the defense which is already good. In a vacuum I’d love to have Clowney and the money is not an issue for me either. I don’t care about the injury history. The player is elite, the player is worth it. I do not however want to give up a good OT when we have thin depth to begin with to do it. Shaq Lawson and a 2nd rd pick? Fine. I’m still concerned though about giving up a high pick for a guy who has no incentive to sign a deal with the Bills after the season and not test FA. Sure there is the comp pick, but that’s a late 3rd in 2021 at best. 

I’m with you on this. The o line is vastly improved, but mostly by FAs, and WR is the same situation. But as the team grows they can’t keep buying talent AND hope to extend their budding stars. 

It it would be nice to have a young superstar wide out that can catch fastballs anywhere on the field. 

Allen's development in year 2 is far more important than upgrading from really good defense to elite 1 year earlier than planned. We can get Clowney or someone similar next year in free agency. But if we lose Nsekhe, all we have at tackle to protect our franchise QB is Dawkins and maybe the rookie Ford.

I'd offer a 2nd rounder and Lawson for 1 year of Clowney, but probably not much more than that. Dawkins, Nsekhe, and Ford are untradable in my opinion.

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Guess I’m in the minority but I’m in no mood to hamper the offense which needs more talent by improving the defense which is already good. In a vacuum I’d love to have Clowney and the money is not an issue for me either. I don’t care about the injury history. The player is elite, the player is worth it. I do not however want to give up a good OT when we have thin depth to begin with to do it. Shaq Lawson and a 2nd rd pick? Fine. I’m still concerned though about giving up a high pick for a guy who has no incentive to sign a deal with the Bills after the season and not test FA. Sure there is the comp pick, but that’s a late 3rd in 2021 at best. 

I'm sure there wouldn't be a trade unless the Bills have an extension worked out with Clowney and his agent. But honestly, If we trade Nsekhe that leaves us pretty thin at tackle. We'd have to go out and get someone else to be the swing tackle. However, I like Feliciano a lot and I think he should be starting at RG, which would push Nsekhe out of the starting five as Ford would move to RT. Maybe that's the justification to trade Nsekhe. Sure would be nice to have a few good backups on the oline.

Once Morse is back in we'll really know. My bet is they'll shift Feliciano to RG and Ford to RT.

2 minutes ago, MichaelAbdallah said:

Allen's development in year 2 is far more important than upgrading from really good defense to elite 1 year earlier than planned. We can get Clowney or someone similar next year in free agency. But if we lose Nsekhe, all we have at tackle to protect our franchise QB is Dawkins and maybe the rookie Ford.

I'd offer a 2nd rounder and Lawson for 1 year of Clowney, but probably not much more than that. Dawkins, Nsekhe, and Ford are untradable in my opinion.

I'm with you. Year two is CRITICAL for Josh Allen, and keeping him upright is the NUMBER ONE PRIORITY for this team. It's higher on the list of important factors than improving the pass rush, even though that is ALSO very important. 

Aside from that, I imagine the only tackle they'd even ACCEPT in exchange for Clowney would be Dawkins, and trading a good LT for a good pass rusher is just spinning your wheels, in my opinion. It just makes it so that instead of spending a 1st round pick on an EDGE next year, we have to spend one on an LT. Robbing from Peter to pay Paul.

1 minute ago, sven233 said:

I know he only get like 20% of things right, but who knows......maybe he has one right.  Not sure what he is talking about, though.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Damn these Buffalo Bills are up to something ?<br><br>Jets Fans <a href="https://t.co/dKX8v1g1up">pic.twitter.com/dKX8v1g1up</a></p>&mdash; IB ? (@incarceratedbob) <a href="https://twitter.com/incarceratedbob/status/1161678373300690944?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 14, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He's been reading our board...

Hi Bob!

Edited by That's No Moon

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Jeremy White said the same thing this morning and I agreed with it.

The only way I would consider trading Dawkins is if he wasn't the lock down LT right now.  If he was rotating with another tackle to see who wins the job, then yes.

But that's not the case.  He's been the LT from day 1 and hasn't been challenged.  The coaching staff has faith in him even after last years regress....which makes me think that McBeane believed Castillo was the biggest issue.

This would seem a lot easier if Waddle didn't go down for the year.  He would slide right into swing tackle behind Dawkins and Ford, assuming the staff feels comfortable in starting Ford immediately at RT. 

The interior depth is still strong with Spain - Morse - Long/Felicano and Teller in the mix, but Nsehke is a really strong insurance policy at Tackle....

Do you trade an insurance policy in a package to get an elite player at EDGE.   Probably, yea. 

He only gets like 20% of what he says right (so don't take it too seriosly), but who knows what this is pertaining to.  Always fun to talk about rumors whether they are true or not.

·
14m

Buffalo Bills noise

Damn these Buffalo Bills are up to something

Edited by sven233

1 minute ago, SWATeam said:

I think we've gone off the deep end when a career backup swing tackle is too rich of a price to pay for a game changing DE like Clowney.

Agreed.  Clowney, on a more balanced team, is going to be an absolute superstar.  A great DE is more of a game changer than an average T.  Just the idea of Clowney, Hughes, and Oliver all getting after the QB is surely making Brady's satin underpants moist with fear

Wonder if we would be in a 3 way trade with Houston and Washington where both Trent and Clowney are traded.  Bills end up with Clowney, Texans land Trent and a Bills player like Shaq/Murphy with Washington getting Nsheke back to replace Trent and a Bills draft pick.  

Probably makes more sense for Bills and Hou to just trade together though as Wash has been adamant they aren’t trading Trent.