Clowney Trending for some reason.

MAJBobby

6 hours ago, Leonhart2017 said:

I never thought of Mario Williams being a bad signing. It is weird I keep seeing people say that. If Wrex didn’t take over in 2015 we would have likely made the playoffs with him on defense that year.

Doubt it Mario lost the love of the game before Wrex took over. His career was over no matter what.

9 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Not false, totally true which is why when he left the Bills he was still garbage 

Played great before Rex

Play diminished during and after Rex.

Do you actually feel the above is proof that he lost his passion before Rex arrived?

It would be nice, but I don’t see it happening. 

I’d make any of our RB’s available, any of our Wr’s (minus brown and Beasley) and give up a 2nd rounder or below.   But I can’t see that being enough.  

And yes, we’d need to have a new contract in place. 

1 minute ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

We all know they would ask the world of the Bills....

If they want a WR, Zay is the only WR I think they’d accept.

Shaq would probably have to be part of that deal and a draft pick, rd 2 would be my guess.

You can only ask the world if you are in control and the Texans are definitely not. They will make a deal that makes them look bad b.c they have no choice.

Bill O’Brien: Ball’s in Jadeveon Clowney’s court until he signs tender

Posted by Charean Williams on August 25, 2019, 12:23 AM EDT

Linebacker Jadeveon Clowney isn’t under contract, so the Texans can’t trade him. But John McClain of the Houston Chronicle expects the Texans to trade Clowney for an offensive tackle as soon as Clowney signs his franchise tender, with a deal already agreed to with another team.

Texans coach Bill O’Brien, the de facto General Manager, was asked about Clowney on Saturday night after his team’s 34-0 loss to the Cowboys.

“Until he comes in and signs the tender, really the ball’s in his court relative to playing for the Texans and all those things, just like it’s been since the beginning of training camp,” O’Brien said. “He’s a franchise player, and so, until he comes and signs the tender, really there’s nothing else to talk about.”

O’Brien said he has no indication when Clowney might sign the tender.

“I think I spoke to him a few times since the end of our season,” O’Brien said. “All the conversations have been good conversations. Very professional conversations, but I don’t have any idea of any specific date of when he will decide he wants to be here.”

It sounds as if the Texans have decided they don’t want Clowney, leaving his future up in the air until he signs his franchise tender.

4 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

You can only ask the world if you are in control and the Texans are definitely not. They will make a deal that makes them look bad b.c they have no choice.

I honestly think there is multiple teams that will be in talks. 

And i think if the Bills want him, our 2020 1st round would have to be involved. Just look a Mack’s deal with the Bears. Wouldn’t be as much, but a 1st for sure.

Just now, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

I honestly think there is multiple teams that will be in talks. 

And i think if the Bills want him, our 2020 1st round would have to be involved. Just look a Mack’s deal with the Bears. Wouldn’t be as much, but a 1st for sure.

I don't see how they could ask for a 1. Mack is a generational player, Clowney is just a good player.

53 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Linebacker Jadeveon Clowney isn’t under contract, so the Texans can’t trade him. But John McClain of the Houston Chronicle expects the Texans to trade Clowney for an offensive tackle as soon as Clowney signs his franchise tender, with a deal already agreed to with another team.

Color me confused 

Isn’t under contract 

Can’t be traded 

expects the Texans to trade Clowney for an offensive tackle as soon as Clowney signs his franchise tender

what am I miss reading?

Once he signs franchise tender w Houston, a trade can then be made.  So essentially once they have a deal worked out and he likes new team, he signs and trade goes through.  It’s a roundabout built in no trade clause as he can refuse to sign if he doesn’t like where he’s going. 

I think that realistically, at this point, the Bills would be looking at something like Shaq, Shady & a 2nd. Im not sure that’s enough but that would be my offer. Shaq and Shady will help the Texans this year and they can make a decision in the offseason on them. I wouldn’t be surprised if they offered Shaq a contract sooner. The Bills would be finishing off their defense which SHOULD remain near the top of the league. 

The only way that this happens though is if Clowney’s agent and the Bills have the framework of a deal in place for the offseason. Seeing as Gaine should know EXACTLY what Clowney wants I’d be comfortable with it.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Color me confused 

Isn’t under contract 

Can’t be traded 

expects the Texans to trade Clowney for an offensive tackle as soon as Clowney signs his franchise tender

what am I miss reading?

He has to sign his tender, then he can be dealt. That’s why he has some power here- he can simply say “nope, I don’t want  to go that team- I won’t sign.” 

• Like (+1) 1