Clowney Trending for some reason.

MAJBobby

Just now, MJS said:

We had the to passing defense in the league last year. Has to qualify as elite.

Not saying we aren’t.  Tre and Hyde are elite imo.  Poyer has some breakdowns last season but I hope he’s a Bill for a long time.  A bonafide playmaker.  Taron might be recognized as one of the best nickels in the league very soon. Levi could be another star in the making.  The depth is tremendous at corner.

hopefully they’re elite enough to help us win a Sb like Denver’s did

17 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I do not want to give up a first round pick for Clowney without knowing that he is signed long term, but the idea in that article is a decent one. Like the Sabres made for Evander Kane. If he re-signs with the Bills, a #2 becomes a #1. Clowney is far better in all likelihood than any player we would draft right now with a #1 pick, which is likely in the middle of the draft, and low in the draft with Clowney this year.

Still don’t like this

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

But I have 7 more minutes to refresh Twitter before my next meeting. So much could change. 

Come on. Take your phone to you meeting and stay on it.

1 minute ago, cablesabres68 said:

Not gonna say it's going to happen but do u think any Bills source is going to say anything is done until things basically are agreed upon after AB fiasco?

I agree with you.  But it's more aggravating that none of the actual journalists have asked about Nsekhe's absence from practice today.  

44 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

What I was reading yesterday was stating Texans have little strength at this point, likely will only get a day 2 pick for him, and that sounded like a straight up.  Throw a decent player in like Ty and maybe it becomes a 3rd rounder.

Ty who?

Because it sorta seems like you, and maybe others, are throwing in our current starting right tackle on a trade before this Offense has even had a chance to take off so that we can pay 20 million dollars to somebody who may not be here after this year and is a necessary piece because our defense only finished 2nd last year.

EDIT:  I'm uncomfortable over the last 24 hours with the want over need with respect to Clowney.  Of course he would help, however, I am not given up something I need right now for something I want, because..you know...its cool.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Ty who?

Because it sorta seems like you, and maybe others, are throwing in our current starting right tackle before this Offense has even had a chance to take off so that we can pay 20 million dollars to somebody who may not be here after this year and is a necessary piece because our defense only finished 2nd last year.

I think we’d have reasonable assurances that he’d sign if we traded.  He knows whoever trades for him can tag him if he doesn’t agree long term. 

I like Nsehke a lot, but if he’s our swing tackle, you can’t not trade that player for an elite player.  Now if he’s out starting RT because Ford isn’t ready, that becomes much more of a gamble. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Ty who?

Because it sorta seems like you, and maybe others, are throwing in our current starting right tackle before this Offense has even had a chance to take off so that we can pay 20 million dollars to somebody who may not be here after this year and is a necessary piece because our defense only finished 2nd last year.

EDIT:  I'm uncomfortable over the last 24 hours with the want over need with respect to Clowney.  Of course he would help, however, I am not given up something I need right now for something I want, because..you know...its cool.

Isn't Nsehke's first name Ty? I had know idea how to  spell Nsehke so went with Ty. 

• Like (+1) 1