Clowney Trending for some reason.

MAJBobby

27 minutes ago, MJS said:

I'm sure there wouldn't be a trade unless the Bills have an extension worked out with Clowney and his agent. But honestly, If we trade Nsekhe that leaves us pretty thin at tackle. We'd have to go out and get someone else to be the swing tackle. However, I like Feliciano a lot and I think he should be starting at RG, which would push Nsekhe out of the starting five as Ford would move to RT. Maybe that's the justification to trade Nsekhe. Sure would be nice to have a few good backups on the oline.

Once Morse is back in we'll really know. My bet is they'll shift Feliciano to RG and Ford to RT.

They cannot work out an extension with him. No one can. It is past the July 15th deadline, he has to play on the tag or not play at all. He cannot sign a deal that would go past 2019 until after the last game of the season. He carries a 17 mill cap hit in 2019. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

They cannot work out an extension with him. No one can. It is past the July 15th deadline, he has to play on the tag or not play at all. He cannot sign a deal that would go past 2019 until after the last game of the season. He carries a 17 mill cap hit in 2019. 

Ok, yeah. I haven't been following the Clowney situation all that closely. I have assumed that it will never happen, and I still assume that.

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

Ok, yeah. I haven't been following the Clowney situation all that closely. I have assumed that it will never happen, and I still assume that.

Add on to that, he hasn’t signed his franchise tender yet. He can’t be traded until he does. So he effectively controls where or if he’s traded. Of he doesn’t want to go to Buffalo he doesn’t sign it. There are so many things that make this trade difficult to imagine. Yet, seems something is brewing. I believe this: the Texans desperately want a LT and aren’t going to give Clowney the deal he wants once he is able to sign, so they are holding him up as a trade chip. But it’s very complicated after that. They should have traded him before July 15 but guessing they didn’t have the right offers, and again he essentially controls where he goes. I also believe that this mess (no starting caliber LT, Clowney situation) is what got Gaine the axe. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Something about Clowney strikes me as unreliable. I'd rather keep our tackle and have a hungry shaq on the line.

I get that a peak, motivated Clowneycan wreak havoc, but we don't need another year of shite O-line play.

That being said, none of us actually know Clowney's makeup. Maybe he is a baller that wants to play in Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

I feel bad for Nsheke if he gets traded...

This team is special... He chose to come here

I do too, loved the signing and even called it before he visited.  He’s a lot better than people think.  

However, at least he will be in a good situation still if he does as he would either go to another good team in Houston or would go home to Wash as the starter if it was a 3 way trade involving Washington sending Trent to Houston.

So no matter what it wouldn’t be a bad thing for him...here, Hou, or Was

How weird would it be to get traded in our jobs?

Imagine you walk into work on a normal Wednesday and your boss calls you into the office to say you were traded to a company in Houston for 2 IT guys and a marketing rep. 

Tomorrow you need to show up there at 8 AM

Best of luck and thank you for your service!