Clowney Trending for some reason.

MAJBobby

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I really hope the fins do this. 

Rumor down here in Florida is they have talked to Washington about Trent Williams so they can flip Tunsil to Houston for Clowney. 

The Dolphins are like the LA Lakers.  For decades, hubris has prevented them from doing a legitimate rebuild and resisting the temptation to do dumb things.  People kill the Bills for their playoff ineptitude while ignoring that the *spend spend spend* Dolphins haven't won a playoff game in nearly 20 years (2000) and their last conference championship appearance was in 1992 versus the Bills. 

Hell, they've had just one winning season in the 10s.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dpberr said:

The Dolphins are like the LA Lakers.  For decades, hubris has prevented them from doing a legitimate rebuild and resisting the temptation to do dumb things.  People kill the Bills for their playoff ineptitude while ignoring that the *spend spend spend* Dolphins haven't won a playoff game in nearly 20 years (2000) and their last conference championship appearance was in 1992 versus the Bills. 

Its always going to be like that with the Dolphins. Living off the residue of past glory. The Raiders too. Haven't won a thing in years. 

Edited by Rocket94

19 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I really hope the fins do this. 

Rumor down here in Florida is they have talked to Washington about Trent Williams so they can flip Tunsil to Houston for Clowney. 

I also read on twitter that the fins and texans agreed to a deal but clowney wouldnt sign his tender to play there

16 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Would you make the trade and what’s your offer?  I’m so torn.  I think JC’s rep is bigger than his game but he is so talented that maybe he figures it out.  Mario was so so in Houston and was possibly the best DE in football for a year or 2 here.

Clowney in Houston > Mario in Houston. 

33 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Really weird example to use in the Lakers.  They were consistently great.  In the 80s, 90s, and 00s, they won multiple championships.  It is only recently where they commited to a full rebuild that they haven't been competing for a championship.  That is until last year when they grabbed LeBron and now AD to again compete for championships.  The Lakers have won more championships since 1970 than any other team in the NBA.  The Lakers also made the playoffs every year but 2 between 1976 and 2012.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

So much hype over a 9-sack per year guy.

The 3rd most effective pass rusher in the NFL. Send him more he will get more pressures and more sacks. When he rushes he ruins plays. 

12 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Pretty much this. They’ve underpinned a solid GOOD team. The next step requires some of these young guys to evolve to elite. 

Guys on roster with elite potential 

- josh

-tremane Edmunds 

- treyD white 

- cody

-Ed O

-maybe Milano 

- Morse Hyde Poyer and jerry  are very close to elite 

-shady and gore certainly have been.

I don't think Cody has the potential to be elite. To be very good? Yes. Elite? Not sure I see it. I think Dion Dawkins could be elite but at guard rather than tackle.

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Not to fan the flame of this thread, but someone on the Training Camp thread saw this and mentioned Clowney... 

Could you imagine being on 10 teams in 10 years between AFL and NFL. Working your way from the Arena League to a solid backup.  Gets paid to join a team he wants to be a part of a a potential starter only to get traded before  you play their first game there.  I wouldnt be happy either

Guess I’m in the minority but I’m in no mood to hamper the offense which needs more talent by improving the defense which is already good. In a vacuum I’d love to have Clowney and the money is not an issue for me either. I don’t care about the injury history. The player is elite, the player is worth it. I do not however want to give up a good OT when we have thin depth to begin with to do it. Shaq Lawson and a 2nd rd pick? Fine. I’m still concerned though about giving up a high pick for a guy who has no incentive to sign a deal with the Bills after the season and not test FA. Sure there is the comp pick, but that’s a late 3rd in 2021 at best. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dorquemada said:

Wait, I just got out of some high level business meetings, is it really happening now?

- Detroit Dorquemada

No just speculation, Ty was dressed but got 0 reps and didnt look happy and Texans are trying to get a tackle

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Guess I’m in the minority but I’m in no mood to hamper the offense which needs more talent by improving the defense which is already good. In a vacuum I’d love to have Clowney and the money is not an issue for me either. I don’t care about the injury history. The player is elite, the player is worth it. I do not however want to give up a good OT when we have thin depth to begin with to do it. Shaq Lawson and a 2nd rd pick? Fine. I’m still concerned though about giving up a high pick for a guy who has no incentive to sign a deal with the Bills after the season and not test FA. Sure there is the comp pick, but that’s a late 3rd in 2021 at best. 

I'm in a similar mood as you. I'm not sure Ty isn't more valuable to us than Clowney would be. I would love to have Clowney, but I don't think we need to be messing with an already messy OL.