Clowney Trending for some reason.

MAJBobby

If the Texans want an LT in return I am not sure what team they can pull off a deal with. The Redskins would make sense in a straight up player for player trade but I am not sure if the Skins view that as sensible from their perspective. Was far as the Bills Dawkins and Ty would be the logical pieces to send back along with some form of draft compensation. Overall I don't see McD trading for Clowney. It wouldn't fit his mold, then again McBeane were interested in AB a player who isn't what most would consider process friendly. 

1 hour ago, DCofNC said:

You are kidding, right?  No holes? WR is a giant one, DE, jury is still out, but just because the OL is better than the puddle it was, doesn't mean its good.  TE is a question mark, LBs are weak for depth.. this isn't a playoff team and you dont know where they are going to spend money?

Sorry to burst your bubble but this is a playoff team if Josh Allen makes a jump in his second year. 

Especially if they trade for Clowney.. The only defensive weakness would be proven linebacker depth.  That’s as strong, and complete of a defense that the NFL has this year. 

Edited by SCBills

12 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but this is a playoff team if Josh Allen makes a jump in his second year. 

Especially if they trade for Clowney.. The only defensive weakness would be proven linebacker depth.  That’s as strong, and complete of a defense that the NFL has this year. 

That's a giant if to start with.  Secondly, this is AT BEST a wild card team, if they get lucky (again).  The defense is good, but its essentially the same one that couldn't handle playing 40 minutes a game last year, so pump the brakes, nothing happens unless the offense can do their part. 

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

I got news for you?

There isn’t a roster in the NFL that doesn’t have a lot of holes on it. The 89 Niners aren’t out there in today’s NFL.

The question is......... “Who will be the best QB for that particular season? That covers a lot of holes on a roster.

And we don’t know if Josh Allen can carry a team yet.

So you would purpose not getting better because there isnt a roster without a lot of holes on it?

51 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Dawkins for Clowney? Who says no.

I actually say no. I think Clowney is probably a better player than Dawkins, but the positional value for our team at the moment isn't worth it. I'd do a second rounder before I sent them an OL. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Houston is closer to us on defense than we are to them on offense.  Also, I think Watson is a borderline top 10 QB.  And I don’t know how you can say our coaching is better.  Obviously it can change but Houston has been a pretty consistent playoff team under O’Brien, even with terrible qbs.

and the more I think about this, unless the Texans get a first rounder or a player that can step in right away, it’s a dumb deal.  They should be going all in with Watson right now.  

The Texans are weak in three very severe areas that have kept them from continued success: Offensive Line, Secondary, and overall Depth. Make the QB a zero sum game, and let our O-line be at least 5% better than last year (and it's not that hard to argue that it will be by default) and you've got a team as good, or better than the Texans. Of course, the QB is the determining chip on the table. 

The biggest issue is the Depth. I think Pound for pound the bills are better equipped to deal with a non-QB injury than the texans. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

?

What an awful example. Mario was a stud here outside of the 2015 season. 3 out of 4 good to very good years is worth the money they paid him. 

Had we not hired Rex, he would have continued to pay dividends. He was worth every penny we paid him.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

I'm curious as to why you think (a) effort will be an issue and (b) 50% of Bills' fans would agree with you?

Meaning no offense of course 

no offense taken- one he seems like a guy with great games and bad games even when in college. the 50% is me and brothers and my dad agree which never happens so i am going with it.

2 hours ago, DCofNC said:

You are kidding, right?  No holes? WR is a giant one, DE, jury is still out, but just because the OL is better than the puddle it was, doesn't mean its good.  TE is a question mark, LBs are weak for depth.. this isn't a playoff team and you dont know where they are going to spend money?

Really? The depth on this roster is near the top of the league. We still have, in this scenario (a 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th) and the most cap space in the league. We have better TE depth than we’ve had since the mid 90’s (and maybe better) and added 9 OL. LB depth is young but not weak. Where do you draft a depth LB? Round 4? Good, because we still have that. If you have concerns about the roster development moving forward I don’t know what to tell you. They are in as good a position as any team moving forward. They have young (cheap talent), the most cap space in the league and depth all over (especially on d). They need some top end talent but they have the resources to do that.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Really? The depth on this roster is near the top of the league. We still have, in this scenario (a 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th) and the most cap space in the league. We have better TE depth than we’ve had since the mid 90’s (and maybe better) and added 9 OL. LB depth is young but not weak. Where do you draft a depth LB? Round 4? Good, because we still have that. If you have concerns about the roster development moving forward I don’t know what to tell you. They are in as good a position as any team moving forward. They have young (cheap talent), the most cap space in the league and depth all over (especially on d). They need some top end talent but they have the resources to do that.

But we need to make sure we allocate cap money to an extension for poyer because we need to lock Rachel in long term. Priorities. 

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Pretty much this. They’ve underpinned a solid GOOD team. The next step requires some of these young guys to evolve to elite. 

Guys on roster with elite potential 

- josh

-tremane Edmunds 

- treyD white 

- cody

-Ed O

-maybe Milano 

- Morse Hyde Poyer and jerry  are very close to elite 

-shady and gore certainly have been.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Pretty much this. They’ve underpinned a solid GOOD team. The next step requires some of these young guys to evolve to elite. 

Guys on roster with elite potential 

- josh

-tremane Edmunds 

- treyD white 

- cody

-Ed O

-maybe Milano 

- Morse Hyde Poyer and jerry  are very close to elite 

-shady and gore certainly have been.

Well said. The Super Bowl era Bills relied on a core of great young talent while some good veterans were on their way out. This latest version of the Bills needs to see the same thing from Allen, Oliver and Edmonds anchoring both sides of the line of scrimmage. Then, next year you sprinkle in a few draft picks and a free agent or two at DE, RB (praying for Singletary to hit), and WR.