Clowney Trending for some reason.

MAJBobby

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Friend is a Huge Texans fan. He said Gaine loves him and was going to do a LTD. O’Brien said no and didn’t want him and that is what led to Gaine being fired. 

I’m with O’Brien on that.  Sad because he looks like he should dominate.  I just remember him having 3 sacks his last year in college and thinking that was a little scary.

10 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

7th for Coleman. I still wouldn’t call being down one very late pick not having many. 

I'm talking in leverage sense, 6 picks is not many for Beane to maneuver and trade up for a guy(like his 1st 2 drafts with us).. could be in minority, but I wouldn't give multiple picks for Clowney. Not for 1 year rental and certainly not to sign to a huge contract

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Friend is a Huge Texans fan. He said Gaine loves him and was going to do a LTD. O’Brien said no and didn’t want him and that is what led to Gaine being fired. 

Look who's here...interesting. Well maybe the second time around will work. I try not to believe in coincidences! 

4 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

This doesn’t seem like a very “processy” move to me.  Several picks for Clowney?  No thanks.....

I wouldn’t want the trade either. But did Antonio Brown seem very “Processy” 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Clowney is a stud. But I wouldn't trade for a guy I can't sign on a long term deal until after the season. 

What about a 3rd and a 5th?

I'm serious.   

I think he kinda' has to go for another player if traded now for the Texans to not end up with egg on their face.

Agree that teams not trading much in draft pick compensation for a guy who is a UFA after season and holding out.

Gaine would give the Bills a huge edge though if he was trying to get Clowney extended though.

Clowney has a lot of say where he goes.........he can just show up mid-season and still get his year of service if he doesn't like where he is traded. 

• Like (+1) 2

I may be in the minority but I really hope it’s not us...$125 million is an awful lot of money for someone who is often injured with suspect work ethic...I would like to continue building through the draft and extending our own guys who have EARNED it. ?

Edited by JaCrispy

Maybe I’m in the minority but I’m interested. Clowney could push the Bills into an all-time defense IMO. The one thing that the Bills didn’t do was get a ton of pressure. If you add Oliver, Clowney and a healthy Murphy...You can tag him again next year if need be. Let him know you’ll be signing him to a long-term deal. See if you can do it for Shaq/Murphy & a 3rd.

This Bills team doesn’t have a lot of holes. I think that they’ll be looking at a WR, pass rusher and maybe another OL next year. Clowney checks a big box and with the cap space and picks left they can address those needs. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 8