Entitled Brat Pushes Brand New BMW into River

11 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

I cannot believe some of the people in this world. Father buys son a brand new BMW and he pushes it into the river because it is “too small”. I was thankful we had a roof over our head and food ?‍♂️

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/son-pushes-bmw-river-jaguar

My old man would have beat me with a rusty pipe If I did that!

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

I cannot believe some of the people in this world. Father buys son a brand new BMW and he pushes it into the river because it is “too small”. I was thankful we had a roof over our head and food ?‍♂️

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/son-pushes-bmw-river-jaguar

Sounds pretty typical attitude of entitlement, based on my experience. 

back in the day  1977 or so I knew a kid whose parents bought him a Trans Am,  

Every weekend he would burn through a pair of tires in Durrand Eastman Park laying rubber

With an occasional crash here and there 

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

After this stunt, I hope he gets a Kia Sephia.  

is that the little car?   

This would be his next car 

b8590f01d049b93123ec9ac9721a011e.jpg

and if he didn't like that

61WPIXwC2uL._AC_UY580_.jpg

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Every weekend he would burn through a pair of tires in Durrand Eastman Park laying rubber

is that the little car?   

This would be his next car 

b8590f01d049b93123ec9ac9721a011e.jpg

and if he didn't like that

61WPIXwC2uL._AC_UY580_.jpg

Image result for Kia sephia

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

BMW isn’t much better. I’d sell the bmw and get a Mercedes.

Actually, the last handful of years BMWs has improved dramatically.  The B58 engine, for example, used in M140, M240, M340, Z4 M40, X3 M40, X4 M40, any other "40" in the current lineup and even the new Toyata Supra, has won awards for the best 3.0 engine in the market in 2016 and 2017 (Wards top engines).  This year it finished 2nd to the Porsche 2.5 litre turbo in its category for International Engine of the Year award.  You'll be hard pressed to find any Mercedes engines on any of the lists at all, much less winning anything.  Personally, I'm not a fan of Mercedes unless its an AMG or one of their beautiful coupes/roadsters that are well out of my price range into the 6 figures.  I'd take most "M" versions of BMW models over their "AMG" Mercedes counterparts.  I'd probably take "RS" Audi's over them too.  But who cares in the end, right?  They are all amazing cars in reality.....but Jaguars, not so much.  They are like Maserati's, cars that people who know about cars laugh at because we know that person just bought it because they wanted a Jag or a Mas for name recognition, not because they are even close to worth what they cost.

Edited by Mark80

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

If they buy it themselves I think they have a little more appreciation for it.

• Like (+1) 1

Awhile back a local Honda dealer let his son and friends drive 3 new Preludes to another dealer about 15 miles along a major Canadian highway,  all three traded paint and crumpled a bit at a speed a tad above the limit. 

I passed them them while their cars were at rest on the shoulder.

Edited by row_33

6 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

you have to make it embarrassing 

fiero-managed-to-change-pontiac-s-image.

I didn't know that there was a picture of Oates sitting on the trunklid of a Fiero........but I do now. 

Kids out there, you can learn more here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hall_%26_Oates

And here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontiac_Fiero

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Mark80 said:

Actually, the last handful of years BMWs has improved dramatically.  The B58 engine, for example, used in M140, M240, M340, Z4 M40, X3 M40, X4 M40, any other "40" in the current lineup and even the new Toyata Supra, has won awards for the best 3.0 engine in the market in 2016 and 2017 (Wards top engines).  This year it finished 2nd to the Porsche 2.5 litre turbo in its category for International Engine of the Year award.  You'll be hard pressed to find any Mercedes engines on any of the lists at all, much less winning anything.  Personally, I'm not a fan of Mercedes unless its an AMG or one of their beautiful coupes/roadsters that are well out of my price range into the 6 figures.  I'd take most "M" versions of BMW models over their "AMG" Mercedes counterparts.  I'd probably take "RS" Audi's over them too.  But who cares in the end, right?  They are all amazing cars in reality.....but Jaguars, not so much.  They are like Maserati's, cars that people who know about cars laugh at because we know that person just bought it because they wanted a Jag or a Mas for name recognition, not because they are even close to worth what they cost.

Only argument i'll give is we're not talking about the Jags of the 80's, 90's; they've turned the corner, gotten some recent rewards and are trying to improve upon what they got today.  I'll admit; I've not heard of anyone buying a Jag for name recognition; in my circle of motorhead friends i would say Jag doesn't even come up.  now Alfa, Maserati's you're spot on, i wouldn't even consider and just laugh when i do see them (and they are plentiful in Miami).

I owned a 2005 M5 (V10) bought it new and while i loved that car it let me down on many occasions but i will still contend to this day no one builds an interior like BMW but that, with the way the dealer treated me post purchase, the fact i had to carry a quart of 10w60 in the trunk because the engine burned through oil.  I soon realized, I will never own a BMW again, ever.

As for Mercedes, i've never owned one and probably won't just due to the dooshy vibe they have; some are very pretty and classic looking, just dooshy, like really super dooshy; maybe i'm biased with the last 18 years of my life spent in LA; EVERY super doosh out there drives a Mercedes.

We'll see about Jag's, i ordered an F-Pace SVR in March and it's set to deliver next week, it'll be my first but i'm at the age where sports cars are in the past and I was looking for an crossover with some muscle and the Alfa didn't have the aggressive look i wanted.

The supra looks gorgeous, i'm just not into cars as my daily driver anymore...