Dak Prescott seeking new extension worth $40M per year.

BillsFan4

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Prescott is playing with a very solid D.  Ans Wilson's O-lines were so awful--he made his own points passing.  Dak has played behind a wall.

But their games are nothing alike.  Wilson, from Day 1, makes things happen.  Prescott needs tons more help to scratch out a  passing game.

I don't think Bills fans would be very happy with 23 TD and 3300 yards a season for the next 3 years from big armed dynamo Josh Allen.

1) no one is arguing Dak is better than Wilson.  But for sake of this, Dak has a better 3rd season than Russell.  It wasn’t long ago when people called him a game manager playing with a great defense.  Again, I don’t think Dak has his upside but he has a good 3 year start.

2). Allen has a long way to go to catch Dak at this point.  As a critic of Allen, I’d be good with a Dak start to his career.  It’s weird how some people think it’s a given though.  Dak has been a better qb since playing in the Sec.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

1) no one is arguing Dak is better than Wilson.  But for sake of this, Dak has a better 3rd season than Russell.  It wasn’t long ago when people called him a game manager playing with a great defense.  Again, I don’t think Dak has his upside but he has a good 3 year start.

2). Allen has a long way to go to catch Dak at this point.  As a critic of Allen, I’d be good with a Dak start to his career.  It’s weird how some people think it’s a given though.  Dak has been a better qb since playing in the Sec.  

I just don't see in Prescott's game where it's likely he will, suddenly, shift into some higher gear.  Wilson you could see early on.

Prescott has had the best RB, the best O-line and a very good defense in his 3 years---and his output has been the same every year.  What else would make that change?

He's a game manager for sure.  I'll give him that.  But that's not what most Bills fans would be very happy with if that's how Allen pans out.

That's an insane request, but I can't fault the man for trying to get everything he can. I don't follow Dallas that closely, but wasn't he having a bit of a rocky time last season?

People say he is better than Wilson?! Russel Wilson is an amazing QB. He has every attribute you would want, and was one terrible playcall away from winning back to back Super Bowls over Manning and Brady. There aren't many current QBs I would rather have than Wilson on my team. He's top 5 in my mind for sure. 

Dak to me is a middle of the pack type QB. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Thank you (+1) 1

any team is nuts to pay a RB top dollar unless it's a very specific circumstance...

If you have a young team on cheap contracts and are ready to push for a SB, then I would sign a top RB to huge $$ and play him 50% of the snaps until the playoffs. Look at Gurley last year, unstoppable in the regular season and on the bench all playoffs and in the SB. 

Worth it? 

4 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Are you serious with this?  You know what he should do is play for free to prove his commitment!!!

Yeah.. because I totally said he should play for free.  I legit just stated a fact, so relax.  I have no problem with him as an individual handling his business in this manner.  Honestly, I hope Dallas falls for it and pays the guy, and thus knocks itself out of realistic superbowl contention with a contract like that...It's one less team to worry about.

Reality is that he's not the best quarterback in the league or even close to it.  The fact that he's asking to be the most expensive qb in the NFL tells me that he's out to get as much money as possible even to the detriment of the team.  Please tell me how overpaying any position player ever benefits a team?  Tom Brady gets it...

4 hours ago, Jobot said:

Yeah.. because I totally said he should play for free.  I legit just stated a fact, so relax.  I have no problem with him as an individual handling his business in this manner.  Honestly, I hope Dallas falls for it and pays the guy, and thus knocks itself out of realistic superbowl contention with a contract like that...It's one less team to worry about.

Reality is that he's not the best quarterback in the league or even close to it.  The fact that he's asking to be the most expensive qb in the NFL tells me that he's out to get as much money as possible even to the detriment of the team.  Please tell me how overpaying any position player ever benefits a team?  Tom Brady gets it...

These guys play a sport where their career can end on one play with non guaranteed contracts.  Of course, Dak knows he’s not the best qb but he should try to get every cent he can.  Are the team and fans going to care if he blows out his knee in camp and can’t play again?  

I never get why fans don’t support the players more instead of the owners.  Dak contributes a lot more to winning than plastic face Jones. 

• Like (+1) 1

A proven player looking to maximize his earnings. I don't see the story. It seems unanimous that he's not worth the money, but why shouldn't he play the game?

I think we'd be pretty excited about the future if we had a 4th year QB with a 96 rating and a 32-16 career record.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

These guys play a sport where their career can end on one play with non guaranteed contracts.  Of course, Dak knows he’s not the best qb but he should try to get every cent he can.  Are the team and fans going to care if he blows out his knee in camp and can’t play again?  

I never get why fans don’t support the players more instead of the owners.  Dak contributes a lot more to winning than plastic face Jones. 

Not really true.  Much of any second contract is guaranteed.

Look Jones is doing the math--he's looking at breaking the bank to re-sign Dak, Zeke and Cooper... a trio, combined with the best O-line in the league for a few years now and a solid Defense  has brought them 1 playoff win in 3 years.  He's looking at the competition in the NFC and wondering how all that money on these 3 guys is suddenly going to result in a trip the SB.

It's not and he knows it. So I unless Prescott busts out with a top 5 year, he will just franchise the guy, at most.

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

A proven player looking to maximize his earnings. I don't see the story. It seems unanimous that he's not worth the money, but why shouldn't he play the game?

I think we'd be pretty excited about the future if we had a 4th year QB with a 96 rating and a 32-16 career record.

9BD2FA66-7179-402C-8F1A-D5020B928EA2.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

If our QB, after 3 years, has a record of 32-16...and 1 playoff win (and 15th ranked passing stats), I don't think a lot of Bills fans would say "this is exciting!".  They might say "this guy is not going to get us far in the playoffs".

On 8/12/2019 at 7:23 PM, T master said:

Sure it's hard work but come on man !! I believe that AB & Leveon Bell's actions have had a lot to do with what these younger players are doing . The owners of these teams need to band together & not give in to the high demands that these guys are asking for when is enough , enough ? 

That is illegal by the way even though it makes sense.  If the NFL puts that in terms enforceable in new NFLPA contract that is a different story.

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

If our QB, after 3 years, has a record of 32-16...and 1 playoff win (and 15th ranked passing stats), I don't think a lot of Bills fans would say "this is exciting!".  They might say "this guy is not going to get us far in the playoffs".

Do you think Allen will have better numbers and more wins than Dak through 3 years?  Of course, some have Allen as being a combo of John Elway, Cam Newton, and Big Ben so he probably should.  

On 8/12/2019 at 7:23 PM, T master said:

Greed runs the NFL now the players are a far cry from what they were back when the Bills were winning in the 90's, use to be if you made a million dollars you would be set but these players now are just money hungry & to play a game that they supposedly love i don't get it !! 

Sure it's hard work but come on man !! I believe that AB & Leveon Bell's actions have had a lot to do with what these younger players are doing . The owners of these teams need to band together & not give in to the high demands that these guys are asking for when is enough , enough ? 

I was reading a thing on Brady  today his family is selling their house in New England & they have a house in Cali, & one in some foreign country & one in Montana, & another one some where in the states WTF !! 

I know being comfortable is one thing but these young guys are just pushing it & i for one hope they don't allow these guys to push them to those limits, it would be one thing if Prescott had taken them to the play offs repeatedly & even took them to the brink of the SB but to this point he hasn't earned that kind of pay day !!

I’m willing to guess your age and who you voted for! ?

honest question.  Why shouldn’t guys who makes millions for colleges and don’t get a dime, not get as much as they possibly can in the nfl?  Do owners can get more money and then force taxpayers to pay for new stadiums?  Why do fans favor the owners in these cases instead of the guys putting their bodies on the line?

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Do you think Allen will have better numbers and more wins than Dak through 3 years?  Of course, some have Allen as being a combo of John Elway, Cam Newton, and Big Ben so he probably should.  

I think it's possible.  The best part is  Allen's potential.  Dak has had essentially the same season 3 years in a row, give or take.  His situation is ideal, yet he can't score many points and that's what is limiting his team from dominating.  

If the Cowboys were looking at Zeke, Cooper (ugh) and Rodgers, or Wilson, or Goff, or even the paper mache corpse of Wentz, then Jones would backing up the truck as we speak--foe all three positions.  But Dak isn't those guys so Jones is in a bad situation in which he will have to pay top dollar for TT X 1.5.

Edited by Mr. WEO

13 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Uhhh. Have you been watching this team for the last 20 years? I'd personally LOVE to be debating how far our QB could take us in the PLAYOFFS. But that's just me.

4 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Uhhh. Have you been watching this team for the last 20 years? I'd personally LOVE to be debating how far our QB could take us in the PLAYOFFS. But that's just me.

So if the Bills QB got them to the playoffs his first year, went one and done, then in his 3rd, after going 12-4, lost in the divisional game, after 3 seasons of low to mid 3000's and low 22-23 TDs passing per year, Bills fans would still be pumped 4 years in?

No. Plus Jerry Jones is not like your 20 year Bills fan...

Edited by Mr. WEO

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

So if the Bills QB got them to the playoffs his first year, went one and done, then in his 3rd, after going 12-4, lost in the divisional game, after 3 seasons of low to mid 3000's and low 22-23 TDs passing per year, Bills fans would still be pumped 4 years in?

No. 

Technically 3 years in. And my answer is ABSOLUTELY. They would be thrilled. I get it. People don't believe in Dak. But if you simply translate those achievements to Josh, Bills fans would be ECSTATIC.