Dak Prescott seeking new extension worth $40M per year.

BillsFan4

The Eagles are kinda my backup team (my wife roots for them as hard as I root for the Bills) so watching the mess Jerry Jones keeps putting himself into is a delight.

The problem isn't just that $40 million is a gross overpayment for Dak, it's that the two players who are necessary to make Dak look serviceable are also looking for big paydays and have earned them. Amari Cooper has been fantastic in his first contract and Elliot is arguably the best RB in the league right now. Without them, Dak is...Andy Dalton 

• Like (+1) 1

For a QB who isn't very good? Let the cowgirls pay it, he's just not worth it.

He'll flame out and be a backup somewhere in a few years. He's smart to want money now, as his skillset is NOT worth it and if someone is dumb enough to pay it, let them.

15 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

If he deserves it, then great. Dak doesn’t deserve $40M.  He doesn’t even deserve $30M. 

And this is the thing that we all know and that is very frustrating...this idea that "I am the next QB up and regardless of my skills I deserve the biggest contract in history, if for no other reason because it will be eclipsed shortly."

DJB talked about what Allen will be looking for and we will see.  However, closer to that time frame right now is both Dak, but also someone like Trubisky.  If he does another couple of good years of 24 TDs, 12 pics and 3,200 yards passing we can almost guarantee he is going to ask for the top money in the NFL. 

Can you imagine if reality set it and it was pretty much, "meh, you are any where from the 5th to 10th rated QB in the league, objectively determined.  So on the high end you get 5th money, low end 10th, but let's put you at 7 and be done."

Never gonna happen.

Note: not to get these top draft picks confused with guys like Tyrod or Fitz who, like it or hate it, signed moderate deals for their renewals.  

48 minutes ago, Plano said:

For a QB who isn't very good? Let the cowgirls pay it, he's just not worth it.

He'll flame out and be a backup somewhere in a few years. He's smart to want money now, as his skillset is NOT worth it and if someone is dumb enough to pay it, let them.

If Dak isn’t very good, where do rank Allen?  I don’t think Dak is great by any means but he has a solid first 3 years, similar to Russell Wilson.  Again if Allen has the start Dak has had, we would be very, very happy. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

If Dak isn’t very good, where do rank Allen?  I don’t think Dak is great by any means but he has a solid first 3 years, similar to Russell Wilson.  Again if Allen has the start Dak has had, we would be very, very happy. 

In his 3rd season, Wilson and his team had been in back to back SB's, winning one.  Top defense, yes, but in Prescott's 3 seasons, his D has been ranked 5th and 6th in points allowed.  Also has had top 10 running game, the best RB in the game....and an O-line that is 1000X better than what Wilson had.

Wilson, in 3 seasons, led an Offense ranked top 10 in points each year.  Prescott's Cowboys went from 5th to 14th to 22nd.

In his first 3 years threw for 84 TDs (including playoffs).  Prescott has thrown for 72.

16 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

He reportedly turned down a $30M per offer from the cowboys. Wow! 

NFL.com article -

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001040986/article/dak-prescott-seeking-extension-worth-40myear

God ? please let this happen 

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

In his 3rd season, Wilson and his team had been in back to back SB's, winning one.  Top defense, yes, but in Prescott's 3 seasons, his D has been ranked 5th and 6th in points allowed.  Also has had top 10 running game, the best RB in the game....and an O-line that is 1000X better than what Wilson had.

Wilson, in 3 seasons, led an Offense ranked top 10 in points each year.  Prescott's Cowboys went from 5th to 14th to 22nd.

In his first 3 years threw for 84 TDs (including playoffs).  Prescott has thrown for 72.

Prescott SUCKS 

Edited by Putin

Just now, Jobot said:

Demanding that kind of money should tell the team that he is money first, and winning second.

Are you serious with this?  You know what he should do is play for free to prove his commitment!!!

31 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The key word was similar.  I definitely don’t see him getting to the next level like Wilson but he isn’t close to as bad as some posters here want him to be.   

I do think some people underestimate how much a top D helps a young qb (the Bills with Allen last year).  You can have terrible games but your D keeps you in it.  I believe Wilson “beat” Aaron Rodgers in a playoff game where he threw 4 ints. 

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Are you serious with this?  You know what he should do is play for free to prove his commitment!!!

The key word was similar.  I definitely don’t see him getting to the next level like Wilson but he isn’t close to as bad as some posters here want him to be.   

I do think some people underestimate how much a top D helps a young qb (the Bills with Allen last year).  You can have terrible games but your D keeps you in it.  I believe Wilson “beat” Aaron Rodgers in a playoff game where he threw 4 ints. 

Prescott is playing with a very solid D.  Ans Wilson's O-lines were so awful--he made his own points passing.  Dak has played behind a wall.

But their games are nothing alike.  Wilson, from Day 1, makes things happen.  Prescott needs tons more help to scratch out a  passing game.

I don't think Bills fans would be very happy with 23 TD and 3300 yards a season for the next 3 years from big armed dynamo Josh Allen.