Dak Prescott seeking new extension worth $40M per year.

BillsFan4

Give the continual rise in the CAP, it’s silly to compare a QB’s rating against his salary. Each year the CAP rises so, even mediocre QBs are going to move into the top 5-10 highest paid QBs. If every year, every QB had to renegotiate their contract, we could compare them against performance but that won’t happen. 

Add to this that highly experienced QBs tend to sign for less than they can get on the open market in order to stay with a team they think can win a championship (see Brady, Brees). 

I doubt Josh Allen will take a lesser deal if he pans out as a good starting QB. The question is, will the Bills be willing to pony up that much against the CAP to keep him? My guess is that they already have that in the plan.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

:lol:...... $40,000,000 a year for Dak f****** Prescott? ...... :lol:

If Allen is 32–16, has a 66.1%, 67 passing tds to 25 ints, 96 qb rating, and 18 rushing tds, how much would you pay him?  

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Turning that down is a blessing in disguise for the Cowboys. If they're smart they'll move on. He doesn't deserve more than $20 million a year.

I don’t think Dak is great but for a team doing backflips over picking the “right” Josh and his 67 qb rating, we would be very, very happy if Allen has the same start to his career as Dak. 

• Like (+1) 1

Lol. I like Prescott as a player and as a person, but that is insane. 

The best part of this is that that senile old man will likely give it to him. If Dak was smart he’d say “give me whatever money puts me in the top 10 contract wise, and use the rest to bring Cooper and Elliot on board long term.” 

Still surprising to me that QB’s haven’t learned from Brady. You make more money winning superbowls, even if the contract is less- do you want to be Tom Brady, or Sam Bradford?

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

If Allen is 32–16, has a 66.1%, 67 passing tds to 25 ints, 96 qb rating, and 18 rushing tds, how much would you pay him?  

Dak is not the best QB in the league nor does he deserve to be paid like one. You can babble numbers all you want, but how effective has he been without Zeke? Yeah, we'll see again here shortly it seems as well. Have you watched him choke at the end of games and not be able to make the throws he needed consistently? I know I have. 

50 minutes ago, DJB said:

You all laugh. Just wait until Allen is done his rookie deal he will be looking for north of 40 million lol

Josh won't be waiting until his contract is up.  It's a 4 year deal plus a 5th year option.  If he wins Super Bowl MVP before year 4 the Bills will have to pay him in his 4th season.  He will be Super Bowl LV MVP.  

25 minutes ago, H2o said:

Dak is not the best QB in the league nor does he deserve to be paid like one. You can babble numbers all you want, but how effective has he been without Zeke? Yeah, we'll see again here shortly it seems as well. Have you watched him choke at the end of games and not be able to make the throws he needed consistently? I know I have. 

No one has said Dak is the best qb in the league.  It just seems like you hold other non Bills qbs to a higher standard than you do our guys.  Dak has a good start to his career and I would be very happy if Allen comes closer to his start,

1 hour ago, Saint Doug said:

If he deserves it, then great. Dak doesn’t deserve $40M.  He doesn’t even deserve $30M. 

So its ok if Josh gets 40 but not Dak? 

Doesn't make sense.  Plus at this point Dak > Josh and I love Allen

47 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don't care about cumulative stats over 3 years. If I'm paying my QB $40 million a year I want to know that he can win me games all on his own. I want to know he can make one amazing play on a game winning drive that seals the game. Do you feel confident Dak can do that? I certainly don't. He's a high end game manager. I'd pay him $20 million a year.

Greed runs the NFL now the players are a far cry from what they were back when the Bills were winning in the 90's, use to be if you made a million dollars you would be set but these players now are just money hungry & to play a game that they supposedly love i don't get it !! 

Sure it's hard work but come on man !! I believe that AB & Leveon Bell's actions have had a lot to do with what these younger players are doing . The owners of these teams need to band together & not give in to the high demands that these guys are asking for when is enough , enough ? 

I was reading a thing on Brady  today his family is selling their house in New England & they have a house in Cali, & one in some foreign country & one in Montana, & another one some where in the states WTF !! 

I know being comfortable is one thing but these young guys are just pushing it & i for one hope they don't allow these guys to push them to those limits, it would be one thing if Prescott had taken them to the play offs repeatedly & even took them to the brink of the SB but to this point he hasn't earned that kind of pay day !!

they Have to consider the alternatives. Maybe it’s better to over pay for a QB that is just capable vs going years trying to find the next one. As Bills fans we should all know this, look how long it’s taken to find Allen. We change QBs very 2 yrs.

56 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

No one has said Dak is the best qb in the league.  It just seems like you hold other non Bills qbs to a higher standard than you do our guys.  Dak has a good start to his career and I would be very happy if Allen comes closer to his start,

Not following my friend. I don't think Josh is even worth $20,000,000 a year right now, but we have 4 more years before we have to worry about that. I have however drank the Kool-Aid and think he will be among the next upper tier of QB's. I have never mentioned paying out the bum for a Bills QB either. I only know as much as I do about Dak because my girl is a Cowboys' fan and I basically watch them as much as the Bills. Dak is solid, but he's not worth 40 mill per. The only QB worth 40 mill is Mahomes and I can admit that. Dak is borderline top 10 and 25-30 mill is more fitting. If it's a ploy for more guaranteed $$$ then I hope it works out. He's a high character guy, hard working, and from all accounts a good teammate. I sure as hell wouldn't give him 40 mill and I'd bet Jerry won't either. 

This is not hard to understand.  Prescott is next up.  Not because he's so great.  He's going to get paid, ESPECIALLY because he's the Dallas QB.

Also, because Jerry Jones is not getting any younger!  Jerry's gonna mortgage the "future" just watch.

Edited by {::'KayCeeS::}