Concert Pet Peeves

Not a concert, but I went to the Astros game last night. I sat in a section full of some company on a corporate outing. People didn't sit the eff down the whole time. It's annoying but understandable when they get up in the middle of the game to get a snack/drink/bathroom etc. But these corporate jackasses, complete in suits and ties (the cooler guys had their brand new jersey on over their dress shirts), just stood and talked through an entire damn inning. My dad has told me my whole life "It's a sporting event, not a social event." 

17 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Not a concert, but I went to the Astros game last night. I sat in a section full of some company on a corporate outing. People didn't sit the eff down the whole time. It's annoying but understandable when they get up in the middle of the game to get a snack/drink/bathroom etc. But these corporate jackasses, complete in suits and ties (the cooler guys had their brand new jersey on over their dress shirts), just stood and talked through an entire damn inning. My dad has told me my whole life "It's a sporting event, not a social event." 

People still wear suits and ties?

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

get your teacher at recess to tell you what "pet peeve" means?

giphy.gif

On a side note, yes the phones are probably the most annoying things in the world & encores a simple expectation and have lost all relevancy... 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

giphy.gif

On a side note, yes the phones are probably the most annoying things in the world & encores a simple expectation and have lost all relevancy... 

for a classical recital the usher sitting next to me, i was on the aisle, tapped the time on both his legs with his hands, loudly, until i asked him to please stop it after a few minutes.

i try to be grateful for the opp to see oldies acts, amazing anyone is alive past 60 in that world

21 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I don't do it for baseball as the action can be slow at times but I stand at Bills games.  I also stand anytime possible at the dome (have SU basketball seasons).  I also stand in my living room when I watch games at home.  They are exciting and anxiety inducing, I can't help myself :bag:

As for the bolded, the social aspect is what makes going to games so much better than watching them at home.  The Dallas Monday Nighter was one of the most awesome experiences I have ever had.  The Ralph was electric until well you know.  I always sell going to a Bills game to people as me and 70 thousand of my closest friends having a 4 hour party before kickoff and a 3 hour party in the stadium.  I didn't sit down once that entire night...

On 8/12/2019 at 9:07 PM, SinceThe70s said:

Bands that play the same setlist two nights in a row in the same city. Mix up a song or two for the die hard fan who shows up both nights.

Also,  encores  always seemed contrived and anti-climactic to me. We all know you're coming out for a few more songs whether it's a great crowd or not. Play your songs, end on a high note and be on your way. 

One time a popular band, may have been Tom Petty, said: "OK, this is the part where we leave the stage and come back after you holler and clap for two minutes. We are now back." and then played "the encore". 

On 8/21/2019 at 12:27 PM, stuvian said:

bands who expect the audience to sing the song for the singer piss me off royally

I don't mind when they add an extra chorus specifically for the aaudience to sing along. But when the singer says "Okay, your turn" to sing one line, its usually what they do when they can't hit all of the notes in that verse any more.