Concert Pet Peeves

4 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

Why were you at a Nickleback concert in the first place?

Because the chick I was trying to plow liked Nickleback, and I was trying to get in her pants.  Why else do men pay to go see sucky bands?  

I’d rather have testicle surgery than see Blink 182, but my wife likes them and I like sex ?‍♂️

19 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Because the chick I was trying to plow liked Nickleback, and I was trying to get in her pants.  Why else do men pay to go see sucky bands?  

I’d rather have testicle surgery than see Blink 182, but my wife likes them and I like sex ?‍♂️

She can't take a friend ?

Not many people have said "talking incessantly" yet, but it's my number 1 pet peeve at a concert.

You can literally talk ANYWHERE, ANY TIME, but you've chosen to come to this very expensive concert and talk over this legendary musical artist because...WHY?!?!

33 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I saw Nickelback (because my wife liked them) and I thought they put on a hell of a show.  I enjoyed it quite a bit, actually.  Bush opened up for them and they're one of my favorites, so I was happy all around.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

I saw Nickelback (because my wife liked them) and I thought they put on a hell of a show.  I enjoyed it quite a bit, actually.  Bush opened up for them and they're one of my favorites, so I was happy all around.

I like bush....

Edit: Actually, Nickleback wasn’t terrible.  Saw them in 2007 down in Charlotte.  They played a few tunes that I somewhat enjoyed.  Blink 182 this summer, however, was brutal.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

Just now, Johnny Hammersticks said:

You’re obviously not married.  Wives want to do stuff with their husbands.  I get out of some concerts, but she wants me around for others.  What can I say?  I’m fun to be around.

Ha

31 years tomorrow.

Went to one U2 concert at Silver stadium with her, that was the last time she picked the band. Crowd was lame, bunch of yuppies standing there staring at the stage. :doh:

Ooh! Here's another:

Shouting what songs you want the band to play. 99% of bands put together setlists ahead of times these days. Aside from that, it's kind of rude to just shout demands at an artist. A concert is a rhetorical event. Your job as a fan is to listen, look, maybe clap and sing along and cheer, and that's about it. You're not there to dictate the setlist, to be a videographer, or to a host a live talk show. 

16 minutes ago, Gary M said:

Ha

31 years tomorrow.

Went to one U2 concert at Silver stadium with her, that was the last time she picked the band. Crowd was lame, bunch of yuppies standing there staring at the stage. :doh:

Ewwww.  Yeah, a few days ago my wife asked me if I wanted to go see the Lumineers with her down in Saratoga.  I suggested that she go with her friends, and to my surprise, she seemed pumped!   I think she wanted me to say no thanks ??

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

You should elaborate your intentions more clearly next time........

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Honestly, couldn't remember. It was faith and family night. Christian band. Musically speaking they were adult contemporary. Wasn't really my cup of tea but it wasn't bad for a free show. Just googled it. MercyMe.

They're a pretty popular band in the Christian music scene. I think other minor league teams are doing faith nights, I know our local team is, I just don't know which night. 

7 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

The thing is, you can take video/pictures without putting them high in the air to bother people. I usually take a few pictures of the highlights, and one verse and chorus of my favorite song or two. I hold it literally right above or below my eye line as to not bother anybody else. 

I hold mine about chest level, helps to keep it steady. I did see one chick at a concert recording a song, and she kept moving her phone around so much because she was also singing and dancing to it, I think trying to watch it would give people motion sickness.

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Blink 182 this summer, however, was brutal.

Saw them a couple years ago, only because I wanted to see the opening act more than them. That tour it was something like the 25th anniversary of the hit album, and they were going to play the album, in order, in it's entirety. So my wife looked up the song list and only recognized three of the songs. We decided once that third song was played, we were out of there. Well, I'd say about 1/3 of the crowd had the same idea, by how many other people were also getting up and leaving. 

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

They're a pretty popular band in the Christian music scene. I think other minor league teams are doing faith nights, I know our local team is, I just don't know which night. 

I hold mine about chest level, helps to keep it steady. I did see one chick at a concert recording a song, and she kept moving her phone around so much because she was also singing and dancing to it, I think trying to watch it would give people motion sickness.

Saw them a couple years ago, only because I wanted to see the opening act more than them. That tour it was something like the 25th anniversary of the hit album, and they were going to play the album, in order, in it's entirety. So my wife looked up the song list and only recognized three of the songs. We decided once that third song was played, we were out of there. Well, I'd say about 1/3 of the crowd had the same idea, by how many other people were also getting up and leaving. 

- It doesn't matter which night ... it's the night of the Lord.

- Once in a while I'll record a tune, or a part of one.  I always keep it at chest level both for stability and so others don't need to see it.

- This is so sad to hear.  But it makes me happy that I didn't go see them this summer.  Of course, since they were touring with Lil Wayne, there wasn't a snowball's chance in hell that I'd go, anyway.  But still.  I LOVE Blink 182's music.  Sucks to hear that they're no good live.

Nothing more annoying than if you are sitting in aisle seats and your view of the stage is interrupted by people going up & down the aisle all night.

I also hate being in the 1st row of an upper level at an arena or stadium show with a far drop below, and having to get up to let people walk past me.

I steer very far away from these seats. :thumbdown:

People in front of me who stand for the whole concert. I’m 6’3” and I feel bad for people behind me because I have to stand to see.

Self-absorbed drunk women over 40 who dress and dance like they’re in their 20s, and think they look good.

People that yell and whistle during the songs.

Extra long end of songs that drag out.

Performers who leave the stage to drag out the applause for an encore. Just thank the audience and play the last song and that’s it.

On 8/18/2019 at 9:00 PM, Gugny said:

When I saw Kenny Wayne Shepard last year, Beth Hart opened.

She tore the roof off the place.  NOBODY wanted her to stop playing.  It was easy to see that she was told to keep playing and that her encores were not contrived.  She ended up playing about 90 minutes, which I am positive was not the plan.

KWS played his full set and the show ran way later than anyone expected.

I left there knowing I'd see Beth Hart anytime, anywhere and that I'd never see KWS as a headliner again. She blew him away.

That is quite an endorsement Gugney. KWS blew me away (15 years ago). I've never heard of Beth Hart, but if she/he outplayed KWS, I take notice. Gonna look him/her up right now. Thank you.

Just watched the first video that popped up. Uhm, really? NFW her or her band outdid KWS. She can scream, I'll give her that. Not my taste though. I will give her a couple more tries.

Edited by BUFFALOKIE

1 hour ago, Rico said:

Nothing more annoying than if you are sitting in aisle seats and your view of the stage is interrupted by people going up & down the aisle all night.

I also hate being in the 1st row of an upper level at an arena or stadium show with a far drop below, and having to get up to let people walk past me.

I steer very far away from these seats. :thumbdown:

My brother attended a 1973 Pink Floyd concert at the Aud. Apparently some guy fell to his death from the upper facade.

1 hour ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

That is quite an endorsement Gugney. KWS blew me away (15 years ago). I've never heard of Beth Hart, but if she/he outplayed KWS, I take notice. Gonna look him/her up right now. Thank you.

Just watched the first video that popped up. Uhm, really? NFW her or her band outdid KWS. She can scream, I'll give her that. Not my taste though. I will give her a couple more tries.

Her music is just better.  Her band is great.  She is an amazing entertainer, performer and singer and does more than scream.  She did a phenomenal job interacting with the crowd.  The place was electric the entire time she was on.

I first saw KWS as part of an Experience Hendrix show.  He blew me away.  Easily one of the best guitar players out there.  As a headliner, he relied on his own stuff.  Weak, at best.  He can't write good songs and he can't sing good blues.  His singer has the stage presence of a rock growing algae.  It was basically listening to a bunch of horrible tunes with phenomenal guitar solos.  I'll give him this ... his organist was ridiculous.  Highlight of the show, by far.

When I saw KWS during the Experience Hendrix show, I thought he might be the next SRV.  As long as he's playing Hendrix and SRV covers, he's excellent.  His original music is crap.