Concert Pet Peeves

What Pet Peeves do you have at concerts? From fellow concert goes, staff, performers, etc.

• People who feel the need to film the entire show. I get wanting a snippet of one or two of your favorite songs. But no need to film every moment of the show. Especially when you're putting it up in the air so people behind you can't see. At risk of sounding like a boomer, put your damn phone away.
  • Wasting time not playing. I get you need time between songs to rest, tune up, change instruments, etc. But I don't need the same lame attmept at stnadup that you do in every city about how great the city is. Also, unless you're a known virtuoso on your instrument (I'm talking Clapton, Peart, etc.), keep random solos that aren't during the song to a minimum. I saw Charlie Daniels Band once, and they had a five minute drum solo. Nobody is paying to see a drum solo at a country music concert.
  • People who get up, and walk around during lesser known songs. I paid to see the whole concert. I know you're not familiar with the song, sometimes I'm not, but I want to hear it. 

In b4 Old.Man.Yells.At.Cloud.Jpg

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe

40 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

What Pet Peeves do you have at concerts? From fellow concert goes, staff, performers, etc.

• People who feel the need to film the entire show. I get wanting a snippet of one or two of your favorite songs. But no need to film every moment of the show. Especially when you're putting it up in the air so people behind you can't see. At risk of sounding like a boomer, put your damn phone away.
  • Wasting time not playing. I get you need time between songs to rest, tune up, change instruments, etc. But I don't need the same lame attmept at stnadup that you do in every city about how great the city is. Also, unless you're a known virtuoso on your instrument (I'm talking Clapton, Peart, etc.), keep random solos that aren't during the song to a minimum. I saw Charlie Daniels Band once, and they had a five minute drum solo. Nobody is paying to see a drum solo at a country music concert.
  • People who get up, and walk around during lesser known songs. I paid to see the whole concert. I know you're not familiar with the song, sometimes I'm not, but I want to hear it. 

In b4 Old.Man.Yells.At.Cloud.Jpg

Smart phones and similar devices are ruining concerts.  I did not pay to watch the show on some #######'s iPad.  Who the ***** carries an iPad around anyway?!?!  

Fact: You are NEVER going to watch the ***** video you got at a concert.  You will send it to your friends who skipped the show to make them envious and to regret their horrible decision making and then never watch it again until your phone is out of memory.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, The Poojer said:

Convenience charges when I'm doing all the work in producing the ticket to gain admission

Once before I had internet in my apartment, I bought tickets over the phone for a Buddy Guy concert. They kept messing up somehow. They had to transfer me to a supervisor, and then to that person's supervisor (not at my request, they just couldn't handle it.) Was just trying to buy a single GA ticket. After all was said and done, I straight up said "Look. I've been on the phone 30 minutes. I know there are convenience charges, but this really wasn't very convenient for me. Can you waive them?" And they did.

Also, wanted to buy concert tickets one time, and happened to be like two blocks from the venue like a month before the show. So I decided to go there and buy them in person. It was like, $2 cheaper. 

I understand the fees exist, but just add them into the advertised price. Don't tell me the ticket is $20 when it's actually like $35.

Not passing the joint???   ?

I have a friend who goes to a LOT of concerts. He sends me WAY TOO MUCH video. Watch the show! If I wanted that much video I’d have been sitting next to you....telling you to put your phone down! 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I was at a concert recently, and I looked around and saw that the audience was glowing.  Every cell phone that was pointed toward the performers was casting a light backwards from the little view screen. The people in front of us were doing it, and I found it annoying and distracting. 

When people leave during the encore. You paid roughly $100 minimum for your ticket (or at least for a pair of tickets) and you're gonna leave before what's probably the bands biggest song so that you can sit in traffic five minutes earlier than the rest of us?

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, The Poojer said:

Convenience charges when I'm doing all the work in producing the ticket to gain admission

Recently looked at going to a concert for someone my wife wanted to see. Lawn seats were $30 each. Fees were $15 per ticket. Needless to say, we didn't go. 

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Smart phones and similar devices are ruining concerts.  I did not pay to watch the show on some #######'s iPad.  Who the ***** carries an iPad around anyway?!?!  

Fact: You are NEVER going to watch the ***** video you got at a concert.  You will send it to your friends who skipped the show to make them envious and to regret their horrible decision making and then never watch it again until your phone is out of memory.

I bring my iPad. 

And earplugs. I am reading a book on my iPad while hubby is enjoying the show. Works out well for both of us. ?

note: I groan when we go to the opera as I have to behave like an adult and pay attention (unless I fall asleep). And I like the opera a lot more than concerts and musicals. 

Bands that play the same setlist two nights in a row in the same city. Mix up a song or two for the die hard fan who shows up both nights.

Also,  encores  always seemed contrived and anti-climactic to me. We all know you're coming out for a few more songs whether it's a great crowd or not. Play your songs, end on a high note and be on your way. 

4 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

When people leave during the encore. You paid roughly $100 minimum for your ticket (or at least for a pair of tickets) and you're gonna leave before what's probably the bands biggest song so that you can sit in traffic five minutes earlier than the rest of us?

I usually go with a set time to stay and leave when we hit it, I’m never in thrall to any band and enough is enough

springsteen I gave 2.5 hours a few years ago in Hamilton.and that was enough for me