Jets CB Trumaine Johnson may miss week 1

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

I'd rather he plays. He's already been paid a boatload and was torched constantly last season. Their secondary is suspect. Daniel Jones had a field day on them last week. He's not very good IMO.

He hasn’t lived up to his contract but he’s still their best CB, for what that’s worth. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

5 hours ago, Romie said:

I feel bad for Darnold.  He's going to throw 4 picks trying to catch up with us.  This might possibly ruin his confidence for the rest of his career.

oh dear

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I may be in the minority but think that Josh is potentially a problem for Gregg Williams defense. If he evades the inevitable rush he is going to make some big plays with his arm and legs. At this point in his career I think that the type of defense Josh would struggle most with would be similar to the Bills. They are disciplined and often have 7 guys in coverage. The Jets are going to be coming from everywhere and if Josh steps up he might be running for days. 

my concern is that G Williams mind set vs Allen running to make a play. i want to see him protected and stay that way against that azzhat dc

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I may be in the minority but think that Josh is potentially a problem for Gregg Williams defense. If he evades the inevitable rush he is going to make some big plays with his arm and legs. At this point in his career I think that the type of defense Josh would struggle most with would be similar to the Bills. They are disciplined and often have 7 guys in coverage. The Jets are going to be coming from everywhere and if Josh steps up he might be running for days. 

Gregg will no doubt have a safety deep all day to prevent the big play. Someone tweeted that Allen and Singletary ran the option the other day in practice for a huge gain. I could see them doing this in that game once or twice. 

7 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

oh dear

my concern is that G Williams mind set vs Allen running to make a play. i want to see him protected and stay that way against that azzhat dc

Gregg Williams plan is always the same. Attack and blitz, that’s what he believes in. If you do that against Allen and he steps through he will be running for days. I think (at this point anyways) the way to play Allen is to be disciplined and stay home. Make him beat you from the pocket as a “traditional QB.” Williams won’t do that. That’s just not what he believes in. It’s a good matchup for Josh. When a lane opens, he’s lethal.

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Gregg Williams plan is always the same. Attack and blitz, that’s what he believes in. If you do that against Allen and he steps through he will be running for days. I think (at this point anyways) the way to play Allen is to be disciplined and stay home. Make him beat you from the pocket as a “traditional QB.” Williams won’t do that. That’s just not what he believes in. It’s a good matchup for Josh. When a lane opens, he’s lethal.

We know Josh can kill you running. and Daboll likely knows Williams MO.

Perhaps i worry too much.

as Yolo mentioned, probably do well to run a RO against them.

5 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I want the Jets full strength.  No excuses after we kick their ***** into the dirt.

A CB out isn't an excuse... You can't change 1-0 no matter this hard someone tries too so who gives a crap who plays. Give me 1-0 I don't even care if Darnold is out.