Favorite Billy Joel song?

Another Fan

"I've Loved These Days"

Excellent lyrics; excellent music.  I love a lot of Billy Joel songs, but this one will always make me stop what I'm doing so I can soak it in.  Especially the LIVE version found on the "Songs in the Attic," album.

11 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

... all that Christie Brinkley era crap was garbage IMO

I like Uptown Girl. But that's because I'm a Frank Valli fan, and it's an obvious tribute to him/The Four Seasons. The Longest Time because I like Doo-*****. But yeah, for the most part, garbage.

Billy Joel realized that nobody cares about new music from his era anyway, so hasn't released new music since the early 90s. Still regularly tours playing his old hits. Sad because he's one of the ones I'd be genuinely interested in hearing new material from. 

11 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Didn't he once sing a song about playing a piano in a bar, and then has subsequently driven his car home from said bar right through two houses in the past? He sounds like a hypocrite........get an Uber, William!

He also had a song about how he may be crazy, and even drove his motorcycle in the rain, so I think that's okay.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

She was 14-years-old in that video, you pig.

1. but not any more she aint ....  

2.  I was much younger 

(According to Wikipedia, the girl in question is Betsy Lynn George, born in 1971. This would have put her at 18+ when she made the video.) phew 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

She was 14-years-old in that video, you pig.

She was 19.  Betsy Lynn George, born in 1971, video was in 1990.

Betsy's had quite a long career.  She's got a lot of credits as "Girl," "Girl #2," "Cult Member," "Jail Bait," etc.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

She was 19.  Betsy Lynn George, born in 1971, video was in 1990.

Betsy's had quite a long career.  She's got a lot of credits as "Girl," "Girl #2," "Cult Member," "Jail Bait," etc.

She was in Point Break, Baywatch,  Melrose Place  and Twin Peaks to name a few