Study: Asian carp could find plenty of food in Lake Michigan

T&C

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/ap-online/2019/08/12/study-asian-carp-could-find-plenty-of-food-in-lake-michigan

"We are on the verge of an unstoppable crisis for the Great Lakes region, and now is our best chance to stop these aggressive fish from crashing our economy and environment," said Molly Flanagan, vice president of the Alliance for the Great Lakes, an advocacy group that favors the Brandon Road Lock and Dam upgrade.

8 minutes ago, T&C said:

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/ap-online/2019/08/12/study-asian-carp-could-find-plenty-of-food-in-lake-michigan

"We are on the verge of an unstoppable crisis for the Great Lakes region, and now is our best chance to stop these aggressive fish from crashing our economy and environment," said Molly Flanagan, vice president of the Alliance for the Great Lakes, an advocacy group that favors the Brandon Road Lock and Dam upgrade.

Fer Chrissakes, dude ..................

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I have to go with Gug.. 

Please use the search feature 

(a former BBMB mod should know better ;)

In   3 ..... 2...... 1.... 

Wouldn't that be like every "Would ya?" being lumped into one thread. 

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I have to go with Gug.. 

Please use the search feature 

(a former BBMB mod should know better ;)

In   3 ..... 2...... 1.... 

2 minutes ago, T&C said:

I knew you'd like it.

Oh, I have no problem with it being a dupe thread.  I think it deserves its own topic.

But now I need to mentally prepare myself to read Exilde's Magna Carta-sized response!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, T&C said:

Wouldn't that be like every "Would ya?" being lumped into one thread. 

That is true. 

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Oh, I have no problem with it being a dupe thread.  I think it deserves its own topic.

But now I need to mentally prepare myself to read Exilde's Magna Carta-sized response!!

:oops:   my bad.

Yeah we don't need another @ExiledInIllinois dissertation 

I'm sure that Exiled will post but I watched a show on PBS on the Great Lakes the other day... like mentioned in the article, had NO idea there were that many Zebra mussels. 

9 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Swim MunthaFugger! Swim! You can do it... Just make like a salmon and jump that wave... Be free! You have a lost decade to make up for.  This is 2019, not 2009.  Swim like the Dickens!

?

Let’s focus in on dickens as the important word here, since there are lots of different expressions with it in, such as what the dickens, where the dickens, the dickens you are!, and the dickens you say!

It goes back a lot further than Charles Dickens, though it does seem to have been borrowed from the English surname, most likely sometime in the sixteenth century or before. (The surname itself probably derives from Dickin or Dickon, familiar diminutive forms of Dick - sound familiar, Exiled???)

It was — and still is, though people hardly know it any more — a euphemism for the Devil. It’s very much in the same style as deuce, as in old oaths like what the deuce! which contains another name for the Devil.

The first person known to use it was that great recorder of Elizabethan expressions, William Shakespeare, in The Merry Wives of Windsor: “FORD: Where had you this pretty weathercock? MRS PAGE: I cannot tell what the dickens his name is my husband had him of”.

That pun relied on the audience knowing that Dickens was a personal name and that what the dickens was a mild oath which called on the Devil.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, T&C said:

They have been beating this drum for 20 years... 10 with the "chicken little" mentality.

They want one thing:  Constant Govt funding for pet enviro projects.  These pristine enviros are like communists... They need constant revolution.

It's easier to deal with @BringBackFergy @Cripple Creek @Gugny and ESPECIALLY 

@\GoBillsInDallas/ 

#RambunctiousGardenRules

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Let’s focus in on dickens as the important word here, since there are lots of different expressions with it in, such as what the dickens, where the dickens, the dickens you are!, and the dickens you say!

It goes back a lot further than Charles Dickens, though it does seem to have been borrowed from the English surname, most likely sometime in the sixteenth century or before. (The surname itself probably derives from Dickin or Dickon, familiar diminutive forms of Dick - sound familiar, Exiled???)

It was — and still is, though people hardly know it any more — a euphemism for the Devil. It’s very much in the same style as deuce, as in old oaths like what the deuce! which contains another name for the Devil.

The first person known to use it was that great recorder of Elizabethan expressions, William Shakespeare, in The Merry Wives of Windsor: “FORD: Where had you this pretty weathercock? MRS PAGE: I cannot tell what the dickens his name is my husband had him of”.

That pun relied on the audience knowing that Dickens was a personal name and that what the dickens was a mild oath which called on the Devil.

Make like the Dickens and unlock our jobs:

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

Does this have anything to do with the topic at hand?

39 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Does this have anything to do with the topic at hand?

Yes.  The Asian carp are swimming like the Dickens.  They are going to invade the Lakes like the Dickens.

This is what we have been told the last 20 years.

But... If the government gives 1/2 billion to the right people, hopefully more $$$$$$$$, the CarpApocalypse will surely be stopped.  The EnviroEvangelists will make sure of this and Baby Jesus won't let the impending doom that has been predicted the last 20 years crash the Great Lakes and the people who enjoy them their way of life!

Only YOU and your tax dollars can help!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Just now, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yes.  The Asian carp are swimming like the Dickens.  They are going to invade the Lakes like the Dickens.

This is what we have been told the last 20 years.

But... If the government gives 1/2 billion to the right people, hopefully more $$$$$$$$, the CarpApocalypse will surely be stopped.  The EnviroEvangelists will make sure of this and Baby Jesus won't let the impending doom that has been predicted the last 20 years crash the Great Lakes and it's people who enjoy them their way of life!

Only YOU and your tax dollars can help!

& you are who?