Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
chknwing334

New Jersey, Old Player?

Recommended Posts

Kent Hull is a great Choice.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, chknwing334 said:

I am thinking about purchasing a jersey for the first time in many years.  After making great decisions like an authentic Losman jersey, I am leaning toward a retired player, Kent Hull.  I can get a custom jersey with Hull's name, but it will not be the actual style that he wore.  What is the general consensus on putting a 90's player name on the current style of jersey?  I'm guessing only serious fans would even notice?  (I can find Hull jerseys online, but nobody seems to have anything other than a small now)

Isnt it ironic? 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Watch Allen flame out and we sign Fitz who leads us to the Superbowl in 2020.

 

Marijuana is not legal yet in NY.  Put it down.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wore my Hull to the games last season.

 

Prefer old players jerseys who were good.  Hate buying good players who end up off the team right after I get their jersey - Lynch, McGahee, Spikes.

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Anyone wearing an OJ jersey these days, besides OJ?

Was at Metlife stadium when The Bills won several years ago. One Jints fan wore one just to bust on his NYJ fan buddies. He got a lot of attention. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Anyone wearing an OJ jersey these days, besides OJ?

 

My Son has one. Beautiful, actually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

How about a Schobel? 

I was going to get a Schobel but I lost interest and walked away from the purchase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I’ve always wanted a Kurt Schulz Jersey. 

 

That dude has some seriously underrated productivity on some really good defenses. 

 

..... plus it would be really funny having a Kurt Schulz Jersey. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, row_33 said:

 

Wasn’t much diff between Bills and Giants jerseys for awhile, I’m sure fans bought unnamed jerseys of the other team often

 

 

My friends mom would intend to buy him a couple Bills jerseys every year for his birthday. He has a bunch of giants and colts jerseys. 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

My friends mom would intend to buy him a couple Bills jerseys every year for his birthday. He has a bunch of giants and colts jerseys. 

 

Some intended to buy a Talley and I kind of tried to tell them nicely that that was a Lawrence Taylor jersey. The replica market wasn’t putting out a Talley for the general populace.

 

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I’ve received current player jerseys as gifts through the years, I only purchase retired player jerseys -or in the case of my Bobby Chandler#81, had it custom made when we had the blue ‘65 throwbacks.

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2019 at 12:31 PM, chknwing334 said:

I am thinking about purchasing a jersey for the first time in many years.  After making great decisions like an authentic Losman jersey, I am leaning toward a retired player, Kent Hull.  I can get a custom jersey with Hull's name, but it will not be the actual style that he wore.  What is the general consensus on putting a 90's player name on the current style of jersey?  I'm guessing only serious fans would even notice?  (I can find Hull jerseys online, but nobody seems to have anything other than a small now)

 

Hull is a great choice, and I would never knock a Bills fan in a Hull jersey regardless of which style jersey it was.

11 hours ago, davefan66 said:

Wore my Hull to the games last season.

 

Prefer old players jerseys who were good.  Hate buying good players who end up off the team right after I get their jersey - Lynch, McGahee, Spikes.

 

 

 

Lynch and Spikes are still cool in my book.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

 

Lynch and Spikes are still cool in my book.

 

 Certainly are.  Seemed as though it was bad luck for me to buy the jersey, player left soon after.

Edited by davefan66

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

 

 Certainly are.  Seemed as though it was bad luck for me to buy the jersey, player left soon after.

 

Yeah, I dont buy any current/active players jerseys any more. I broke my own rule a while back and bought a Dareus jersey, looked like an ok decision at first, but then we all know how that played out...

 

I have a Tasker and Kelly. Now that Kyle is retired, I'll get one of his.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I pulled the trigger on a HULL custom home stitched jersey.  Thanks for the opinions.  It was a tough call and I almost went with a White jersey, but I didn't want to jinx him.  I've had too many of my favorite players leave, flame out, or retire shortly after purchasing their jersey!  I have an old authentic Moulds jersey that has seen many games in my years as a season ticket holder before moving to NJ.  I would be content with that if it wasn't the ugly early 2000s jersey!   Can't wait to break this new one out at Metlife for the Jets and Giants games!

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2019 at 3:33 PM, Chandler#81 said:

While I’ve received current player jerseys as gifts through the years, I only purchase retired player jerseys -or in the case of my Bobby Chandler#81, had it custom made when we had the blue ‘65 throwbacks.

I have a Chandler one as well, 1979 vintage.  

  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2019 at 7:59 AM, Stank_Nasty said:

I’ve always wanted a Kurt Schulz Jersey. 

 

That dude has some seriously underrated productivity on some really good defenses. 

 

..... plus it would be really funny having a Kurt Schulz Jersey. 

 

Keep scouring ebay, it just might turn up someday!

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

There’s some nice Spielman and Paup jerseys on ebay right now if anyone is into that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...